The Multimedia Development Specialist will collaborate with Medical Marketing & Communications staff to design and produce dynamic multimedia, primarily in the form of videos, motion graphics and interactive animations. The purpose of this multimedia, distributed as marketing communications, will be to promote the School of Medicine’s key leadership objectives toward biomedical innovation and advancing human health.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Media Design – Collaborate with Medical Marketing & Communications staff to create multimedia that best serves the objectives of strategic marketing communications.
- Pre-production processes will include: ideation, storyboarding and media prototyping.
- Graphic Design – Design and create stunning visual designs for both web and video that may include graphics for feature and news stories, complex visuals for slides, infographics, graphics for use in video animations and video intros, etc.
- Motion Graphics – Create dynamic motion graphics for multimedia, including the animation of complex charts and data, illustrative animations, character/simulation animation, title sequences, whiteboard-style animations, UI/software animations, lower-thirds, transitions and typographic animations.
- Project Coordination: Coordinating multimedia projects and other duties simultaneously, expertly keeping track of tasks, stakeholder communications and deadlines.
- It’s imperative that multimedia projects be coordinated effectively in order to meet deadlines for timely stories and key initiatives.
- Project updates should be communicated to the director and the multimedia staff, with any concerns being made known.
- Multimedia Delivery and Distribution –Ensure that media is exported, uploaded and linked in the correct locations so that all required parties have access.
- Standards and guidelines: All multimedia content must meet brand standards, institutional guidelines and best practices for usability and accessibility.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Applicant Special Instructions
Please include your Resume, Cover Letter, Portfolio and Full Work Samples with your application.
- Uses office equipment and ability to move to on and off-campus locations as needed.
- Schedule and Travel Requirements: The Multimedia Development Specialist, as part of the multimedia team, may be required to assist the multimedia team by attending public events, meetings and functions outside normal working hours on an occasional basis.
- Interest and experience in the fields of science in general and medicine in particular.
- Five or more years of work experience in addition to a Bachelor’s degree in Visual Communication, Graphics Design, or similar degree.
- 3D Modeling.
- Familiarity with game design and gamification techniques.
- Familiarity with project management tools.
- Virtual Reality.
- Experience creating multimedia content.
- Extensive videography and video and audio editing.
- Still Photography and photo editing.
- Drawing and illustration skill.
- Strong knowledge of graphic design production including, among other things, typography, composition and layout, color theory, photography/videography and digital media.
- Creative thinking with the ability to execute ideas, as well as, a deep understanding of visual communication.
- Ability to understand and communicate complex concepts in an engaging and memorable way.
- Intellectual curiosity and interviewing skills.
- Extensive knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite and professional software for creating illustration, video, audio and motion graphics.
- Understanding of web design principles and application.
- Extensive knowledge of and experience doing 2D motion graphics.
- Ability to stay current on emerging and new digital trends in graphic design and motion graphics.
- Ability to work in a highly dynamic and collaborative team environment as a positive and engaged professional.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent project management skills including the ability to work on multiple ongoing projects with staggered deadlines.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- A Bachelor’s Degree and three years of experience or an equivalent combination of education and related experience to equal eight years.
- Candidates will need to submit Portfolio and Full Work Samples.
$50,500.00 - $86,200.00 / Annually
The salary range reflects base salaries paid for positions in a given job grade across the University. Individual rates within the range will be determined by factors including one's qualifications and performance, equity with others in the department, market rates for positions within the same grade and department budget.
If you are unable to use our online application system and would like an accommodation, please email CandidateQuestions@wustl.edu or call the dedicated accommodation inquiry number at 314-935-1149 and leave a voicemail with the nature of your request.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. The screenings will include criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, an employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
Washington University in St. Louis is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to our employees. Benefits eligibility is subject to employment status, full-time equivalent (FTE) workload, and weekly standard hours. Please visit our website at https://hr.wustl.edu/benefits/ to view a summary of benefits.
Washington University in St. Louis is committed to the principles and practices of equal employment opportunity and especially encourages applications by those from underrepresented groups. It is the University’s policy to provide equal opportunity and access to persons in all job titles without regard to race, ethnicity, color, national origin, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information.
Washington University is dedicated to building a diverse community of individuals who are committed to contributing to an inclusive environment – fostering respect for all and welcoming individuals from diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. Individuals with a commitment to these values are encouraged to apply.
When you are ready to apply, creating an account only takes a minute. Your account creates a candidate home page which we will use to communicate with you and allows you to apply for jobs and view your application statuses. The first page of the application offers two “Quick Apply” options. Quick Apply allows you to either use a previous application or create a new application using a resume to populate the work experience and education sections of your job application. If using a resume to populate your application, check to ensure the application fields populated accurately. You may skip the “Quick Apply” page by clicking “Next” at the bottom of the page. Documents may be uploaded in the My Experience section of the application. You also have the option to apply with a LinkedIn feature, which allows you to apply by using your LinkedIn profile to populate some of the job application fields.
Instructional Design Consultant, Washington State University, United States, 1 day ago
Title: 1145-NN_ADMINPRO - Learning Design Consultant Business Title: Instructional Design Consultant Additional Titles: 1145-YN_ADMINPRO - Learning Design Consultant Location: Employee Type: Admin...
Narratives Of Belonging Coordinator, Washington State University, United States, 1 day ago
Title: 1281-YN_ADMINPRO - Public Relations/Communication Coordinator Business Title: Narratives of Belonging Coordinator Additional Titles: Location: Employee Type: Admin. Professional (+) (Fixed ...
Dir Construction & Planning, Eastern Washington University, United States, 20 days ago
Posting Details Posting Details Position Title Dir-Construction & Planning Posting Number 2023023EP Position Information Classification Title Dir-Construction & Planning Working Title Dir-Construc...
Director Construction & Planning, Eastern Washington University, United States, 1 day ago
Posting Details Posting Details Position Title Director - Construction & Planning Posting Number 2023023EP Position Information Classification Title Dir-Construction & Planning Working Title Direc...
Lecturer Dental Hygiene, Eastern Washington University, United States, 1 day ago
Posting Details Posting Details Working Title Lecturer-Dental Hygiene Posting Number 2023004FP Position Information Classification Title Lecturer Classification Code 8209 RCW Exemption Criteria 10...
Senior Grant Writer & Proposal Developer, Eastern Washington University, United States, 1 day ago
Posting Details Posting Details Position Title Senior Grant Writer & Proposal Developer Posting Number 2023030EP Position Information Classification Title Assoc for Grant Develop/Comm Working Titl...