The Lead Returning Student Advisor position functions as a Manager in the Manager’s absence.
The Lead Returning Student Advisor position is responsible for securing returning student enrollments by speaking to students who have been out of class for more than 90 days or have withdrawn from the university, and are interested in returning to Grantham University to continue their education. The position is responsible for assisting students with issues and concerns that caused them to stop out of school, and finding a solution to allow the student to return to Grantham. Assisting other teammates with training or completion of designated tasks is required. Must be able to mentor other Returning Student Advisors and demonstrate leadership skills. This position may require irregular hours, including weekends and overnight.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITES:
- Supervises and leads team in the absence of the Manager;
- Demonstrates a proven knowledge and track record for RSA Mentor position;
- Meets or exceeds enrollment objectives;
- Assists teammates while maintaining current workload;
- Execute new hire training;
- Participate on special projects to promote success and morale;
- Perform daily responsibilities with a high level of personal accountability;
- Work autonomously with little direction;
- Create agendas for team meeting and initiate team meetings and trainings;
- Conducts side-by-side trainings;
- Conduct training and Mentor teammates;
- Demonstrate ability to conduct new hire training;
- Provide feedback regarding teammate’s performance to Department Leadership;
- Set an example in work ethic, behavior and professionalism;
- Collaborate with other members of the Department to share information and best practices;
- Make outbound and take inbound calls from potential returning students;
- Represents Grantham’s fundamental principles and mission;
- Retain knowledge of Grantham University products, systems, and processes;
- Utilize relationship development and communication skills to build and manage a strong returning student pipeline;
- Maintain communication with prospective returning students through all stages of the readmission process;
- Consistently use provided script into conversations with returning students;
- Establish a proven level of understanding of how to assist returning students and explain degree requirements;
- Advises students on educational options based on their personal and professional interests;
- Assists students who have withdrawn or out of class for more than 90 days to re-enroll;
- Serves as a mentor to Grantham students; provides personalized assistance with goal setting, time management, academic success strategies, etc.;
- Records all relevant student information as required;
- Assists in increasing student satisfaction, student retention rates, graduation rates, and referrals;
- Communicates with University administrators, staff and instructors on behalf of students;
- Meets regularly with Manager to assess performance and areas for improvement;
- ·Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION/ WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS AND DESIRED SKILLS:
- Associate’s degree required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Customer service and/or sales experience preferred
- ·Successful completion of all training phases
- Proven success in the Returning Student Advisor Trainee position or equivalent work experience required
- Experience working with students is preferred
- The ability to work a flexible work schedule, which may include weekend and evenings is required
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community;
- Able to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing;
- Able to interpret, adapt, and apply guidelines and procedures;
- Knowledge of programs/services available to university students;
- Knowledge of student recruitment and retention issues;
- Strong student-centered focus; commitment to student satisfaction and success;
- Able to investigate and analyze information and to draw conclusions;
- Able to work effectively with diverse populations;
- Able to proactively approach management to seek additional training opportunities (i.e. training and development);
- Display success in a performance-driven sales environment which utilizes metrics and measurements;
- Desire to work in a progressive but competitive environment;
- Results-oriented and self-motivated person who needs little supervision in following up on assigned students;
- Understand consultative selling, uncovering buying decisions and understand customer needs;
- Experience overcoming barriers similar to those faced by the target population helpful;
- Clear ability to multi-task and learn and leverage a variety of software applications;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to read, analyze, and interpret journals and documents. Able to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Able to effectively present information to staff and/or students in writing and verbally. Able to speak coherently into the telephone with potential students and with staff. Able to present information using professional and grammatically correct language is required
- Able to apply concepts such as basic math skills, fractions, and percentages is preferred
- ·Able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Able to present facts to management for response. Able to deal with a variety of information presented in oral or written formats.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Extensively required to use hand to finger, handle, or feel (including the use of computer keyboards) and talk or hear (including the use of a telephone)
- Occasionally required to walk, stand.
- Specific vision abilities include: close vision and distance vision
Grantham will seek to reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability. Such reasonable accommodation may take the form of making existing facilities readily accessible to or usable by individuals with a disability, restructuring jobs, modifying schedules, acquiring or modifying equipment, adjusting training materials, adjusting employment policies, and the like.
Admissions Application Coordinator I, Kansas City University of Medicine & Biosciences, United States, about 11 hours ago
Job Type: Staff Job Description: The Admissions Application Coordinator receives and reviews inquiries for admission to the College of Dental Medicine (CDM) and prepares responses with supporting ...
Outreach And Recruitment Specialist, University of Kansas Medical Center, United States, 3 days ago
Department: SOM KC Admissions ----- Admissions Position Title: Outreach and Recruitment Specialist Job Family Group: Professional Staff Job Description Summary: This role is an opportunity for a m...
Assistant Professor Of Management – Human Resource Management, Fort Hays State University, United States, 1 day ago
Department Management Job Posting Title Assistant Professor of Management – Human Resource Management Job Description The position is a nine-month, tenure-track position starting August 2022. Resp...
Clinical Clerkship Coordinator, Kansas City University of Medicine & Biosciences, United States, about 11 hours ago
Job Type: Staff Job Description: Coordinates clinical clerkship experiences for assigned region; ensures accurate and timely establishment and maintenance of student records; ensures students and ...
University Police Captain, University of Kansas Medical Center, United States, 13 days ago
Department: Public Safety - Police Operations ----- Police Operations - Patrol Position Title: University Police Captain Job Family Group: University Support Staff Job Description Summary: Manage ...
University Police Captain, University of Kansas Medical Center, United States, about 10 hours ago
Department: Public Safety - Police Operations ----- Police Operations Position Title: University Police Captain Job Family Group: University Support Staff Job Description Summary: Manage a unit/di...