Note for Current UM Employees
Current employees must apply internally via connectU > connectu.olemiss.edu
Definition of Class
This position implements the school, college or unit technology efforts. The incumbent maintains department technology including computers and computer systems, servers, websites and online functions and develops digital products, equipment plans, and strategies.
Examples of Work Performed
- Establishes and implements technology and digital strategies.
- Develops technology and equipment plans for the department.
- Maintains technology systems for the department to operate efficiently.
- Serves as a liaison with vendors and the Department of Information Technology to ensure maximum network efficiency and effectiveness.
- Develops partnerships with external agencies to support department technology efforts.
- Researches and recommends appropriate upgrades related to media technology, hardware, and software.
- Coordinates information flow and user interface of department website and server.
- Performs preventative maintenance and troubleshooting when needed; on-call nights and weekends.
- Completes processes required for equipment purchases.
- Maintains software and hardware inventory.
- Develops, implements, and enforces technology usage and security policies for the department.
- Stays abreast of developments related to media technology.
- Coordinates and conducts faculty, staff, and student training on the use of technology.
- Performs related or similar duties as required or assigned.
These essential functions include, but are not limited to, the following. Additional essential functions may be identified and included by the hiring department.
Bachelor's Degree in Business, Computer Science, Engineering, Telecommunications or a related field from an accredited college or university.
One (1) year of experience related to the above described duties.
Related experience may be substituted for education, on a basis set forth and approved by the Department of Human Resources.
To learn more about our pay structure and view our salary ranges,click here
to visit the Compensation page of our Human Resources website. This link is provided for general pay information. Hourly rate or salary may vary depending on qualifications, experience, and departmental budget. Note: Unclassified positions (faculty, executives, researchers and coaches) do not have established salary ranges.
The University of Mississippi provides equal opportunity in any employment practice, education program, or education activity to all qualified persons. The University complies with all applicable laws regarding equal opportunity and affirmative action and does not unlawfully discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based upon race, color, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, citizenship, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetic information.
Background Check Statement
The University of Mississippi is committed to providing a safe campus community. UM conducts background investigations for applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial (credit) report or driving history check.
Course Lecturer Cive 446 2 Construction Engineering, McGill University, Canada, 23 days ago
-Minimum Qualification: M.Eng. in Civil Engineering or B.Eng. in Civil Engineering with a minimum of 5 years of practical experience. -Currently and actively practicing in the field of Civil Engi...
Shop Technician, McGill University, Canada, 12 days ago
This position is situated in the Department of Civil Engineering. The contract is for one year. Position Summary: Under the direction of the immediate supervisor, performs technical duties in the ...
09/H1 Information Processing Systems – Ing Inf/05 Information Processing Systems, UNIVERSITA’ DEGLI STUDI DI PARMA, Italy, 16 days ago
Public selection for the recruitment of 1 Researcher under art. 24, paragraph 3, letter b) of Law 30 December 2010, no. 240. Place of employment: Department of Engineering and Architecture Maximum...
Founding Tenured/Tenure Track Faculty, Microelectronics Thrust/Dept, China, 13 days ago
Position ID:HKUSTGZ -MICS -FACULTY [#18841] Position Title: Position Type:Tenured/Tenure-track faculty Position Location:Guangzhou, Guangdong, China [map ] Subject Areas: Interdisciplinary Areas ...
Open Notice For International Call To Hire Two Technicians, Under The Scope Of The Project Netedge... (# Of Pos: 2), Instituto de Telecomunicações, Portugal, 5 days ago
Note: This is a free translation of the original announcement written in Portuguese, provided only for convenience of non-Portuguese speakers. Only the Portuguese version has official value. By or...
Instructional Design And Technology Coordinator, Washington State University, Worldwide, 3 days ago
Title: 1296-YN - Instructional Design Coordinator Business Title: Instructional Design and Technology Coordinator Location: Employee Type: Admin. Professional Job Family: Administrative Profession...