Founded in 1955, the Albert Einstein College of Medicine (Einstein) is one of the nation’s premier institutions for medical education, basic research and clinical investigation. A full-time faculty of some 2,000 conducts research, teaches, and delivers health care in every major biomedical specialty. The college has some 730 medical students, 193 Ph.D. students, 106 MD/Ph.D. students and 275 postdoctoral fellows.
Einstein’s major strength, in addition to training physicians and scientists, is its science. During fiscal year 2015, the faculty’s consistently high level of scientific achievement resulted in the awarding of more than $150 million in peer-reviewed grants from the National Institutes of Health (NIH).
Einstein is part of Montefiore Medicine Academic Health System, an integrated academic delivery system comprising seven campuses, including 8 hospitals, a multi-county ambulatory network, a new state-of-the art “hospital without beds”, a skilled nursing facility, school of nursing, home health agency, and the state’s first freestanding emergency department. As the University Hospital for the Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Montefiore is a premier academic health system, employing Einstein’s clinical faculty and training Einstein’s medical students, over 1,300 residents, 420 allied health students, and 1,600 nursing students annually.
The Albert Einstein College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Einstein seeks candidates whose skills, and personal and professional experience, have prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence, and the communities we serve.
The Executive Assistant will provide planning, facilitation, reporting, analyzing and execution of confidential and complex projects for the Department of Medicine, Chair and Vice Chairs.
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the Chair including: managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings
- Communicates directly, and on behalf of the Chair, with staff and others, on matters related to Chair’s programmatic initiatives.
- Researches, prioritizes, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the Chair, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determines appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
- Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the Chair’s office and internal departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior management staff.
- Works closely and effectively with the Chair to keep them well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately
- Manage all aspects of special projects within the department for the Chair, Vice Chair(s) and Director(s) from the planning stages to the conclusion and final report of the project.
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously, and follow through on issues in a timely manner;
- Ongoing updates for Other support and grant Bibliography
- Provide and/or manage back-up administrative support to the bi-campus site leadership as needed
- Assist in the preparation, coordination, submission and approval of grant material.
- Responsible for scheduling and monitoring time off of office staff
- Orient and provide ongoing training to support staff for their assigned positions
- Prepare or oversee the distribution of annual meeting schedule for divisions and executive meetings
- Coordinate all internal and external special events and activities, this includes all logistical event arrangements, including vendor research, selection, and management; venue scouting and selection; budget management; transportation; staffing/training; communication/outreach; programming; set-up/break-down, etc.
- Arrange itineraries for recruitment of departmental faculty
- Maintain department’s faculty and staff database and e-mail distribution lists
- Review and approve invoices for payment
- Oversee preparation of check requests, petty cash, along with purchase orders and ordering of supplies
- Serve as a resource and liaison to other departments/executives in the medical center as well as the college
- Identification and resolution of day-to-day operational issues.
- Effectively and accurately communicate relevant project information to the chair and project team, for e.g. Space planning projects.
- Monitor project progress and handle any issues that arise
- Act as the point of contact and communicate project status to all participant.
- Other related duties as assigned
Bachelor's degree and 2+ years of related experience or combination of equivalent skills and experience required
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, E-Pro and Banner
- Organizational and problem solving skills
- Ability to work without clear guidelines re: responsibilities and within matrix responsibility structure
- Excellent communication, organization, customer service and team building skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and provide excellent service
- Must be able to adapt well to change
Director, Digital Project Management, Columbia University, United States, about 11 hours ago
Requisition Number: 0007945 Field(s) of Specialization: Project Management Position Title: Director, Digital Project Management Department: 2206- LIB Digital Prgms & Tech Srvcs Department Number: ...
Associate Dean Of Finance And Administration, Columbia University, United States, 11 days ago
Job Title Associate Dean of Finance and Administration Job Code Title Job Requisition Number 089111 Department 4602- SPS School of Professional Studies Location Morningside Job Type Officer Full-T...
Manager, Health Facilities And Operations, Columbia University, United States, 10 days ago
Job Title Manager, Health Facilities and Operations Job Code Title Job Requisition Number 088869 Department 1625- CSV Columbia Health Location Morningside Job Type Officer Full-Time Regular Barga...
Associate Editor, Columbia University, United States, 8 days ago
Job Title Associate Editor Job Code Title Job Requisition Number 089135 Department 2075- PRV CU Press Location Morningside Job Type Support Staff Full-Time Regular Bargaining Unit If temporary, in...
Project Assistant, The Center For Science And Society, Columbia University, United States, 8 days ago
Job Title Project Assistant, The Center for Science and Society Job Code Title Job Requisition Number 089040 Department 4182- A&S Cntr for Science & Society Location Morningside Job Type Support S...
Data Analyst, Columbia University, United States, 10 days ago
Job Title Data Analyst Job Code Title Job Requisition Number 088856 Department 4602- SPS School of Professional Studies Location Morningside Job Type Officer Full-Time Regular Bargaining Unit If ...