|Job Title:||Director of First Year Experience and Student Engagement|
|Campus:||Florham Campus, Madison, NJ|
|Department:||Dean of Students -Florham|
|Hiring Manager:||Robin Williamson|
|Hiring Manager Title:||Dean of Students - Florham|
|Position Type:||Professional Administrative|
|Salary:||Commensurate with Experience|
|Months Worked:||12 Month|
The Director of First Year Experience and Student Engagement reports to the Associate Dean of Students and is an integral member of the Dean of Students team. The Director is responsible for the planning, implementation, and coordination of all aspects of the First Year Experience, and student engagement and retention programs. As Director, specific areas of responsibilities include oversight of the First Year Experience, and planning and implementation of special events. The Director also contributes to the overall intellectual, social and personal growth of students by assisting the Associate Dean with providing leadership programs.
1. Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree in educational psychology, counseling, higher education administration or a closely related area preferred.
2. Five years of progressive administrative experience in student services, special events planning, budget management and supervision of staff.
3. Experience in designing and managing programs for first-year students as well as familiarity with retention initiatives is preferred.
4. Strong leadership and interpersonal skills as well as experience in working directly with faculty and administration.
5. Administrative experience in higher education.
6. An understanding of, and sensitivity to, the developmental needs and transitional concerns of students.
7. Must be available to work non-standard hours as required, including evenings and weekends.
8. Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory background check. Candidates for hire will be required to sign a waiver authorizing the background check and produce a Social Security Card.
|Special Instructions to Applicants:|
|Application Types Accepted:||Application for Employment|
Assistant Professor Mathematics, Kean University, United States, about 24 hours ago
The New Jersey Center for Science, Technology & Mathematics at Kean University is seeking an Assistant Professor to teach core undergraduate coursework in mathematics, programming and statistics. ...
Gis Analyst Scott Afb, Belleville, Il, Colorado State University, United States, about 17 hours ago
Posting Details Working Title GIS Analyst - Scott AFB, Belleville, IL Position Location Scott AFB, Belleville, IL Research Professional Position Yes Posting Number 202100270AP Position Type Admin ...