Emory University is a leading research university that fosters excellence and attracts world-class talent to innovate today and prepare leaders for the future. We welcome candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of our academic community.
DEPARTMENT SUMMARY: The Division of Advancement and Alumni Engagement utilizes resources and technology for the purpose of soliciting alumni, donor engagement, donor research, and stewardship throughout Emory University and Health Systems. Our mission is to inspire and steward meaningful, lasting relationships that elevate engagement and giving to fulfill Emory’s mission to serve humanity. The Marketing and Digital Strategy team consists of marketing, social media, and digital strategists with a passion to engage and persuade donors to invest in the work of Emory. The Director of Digital Marketing will focus on leveraging the use of technology overseeing website development and digital outreach including Salesforce Marketing Cloud, CMS (Drupal), and UX personalization software (Acquia) to support Emory University. The Director will report to the Executive Director of Marketing and Digital Strategy.
- Directs the digital marketing efforts of Advancement and Alumni Engagement.
- Partners with clients to develop comprehensive strategic digital marketing plans, branding, and brand management for the division.
- Directs the creation and development of websites, programs, fundraising initiatives, special event advertising, program materials, proposals, marketing kits, social media, and other marketing materials that support division strategic goals, broadens exposure, or promotes the image/brand.
- Develops policy relating to program initiatives.
- Institutes strategic plans.
- Manages production and execution of digital materials for programs and/or services to targeted audiences to increase alumni/donor pride, involvement and investment in the University.
- Manages relationships or partnerships within Emory and the division.
- Reviews marketing research and identifies new opportunities for growth and development.
- Reviews and analyzes various forms of data to develop reports, track progress, and identify new growth opportunities.
- Develops strategy and metrics for the team.
- Stays abreast of and implements use of latest trends in marketing, video, social media, and digital strategies.
- Manages relationships and negotiates contracts with vendors.
- May manage a department budget.
- Manages a team of marketing staff.
- Performs related responsibilities as required.
ADDITIONAL JOB DETAILS:
In addition to the duties outlined above, the Director may be required to:
- Serve as Salesforce Marketing Cloud SME, implementing user journeys, email creation, use of data extensions, etc.
- Support website development and maintenance.
- Establish omni-channel marketing strategies and plans for events, programs, and solicitations utilizing audience personas and tactics to reach desired audience.
- Integrate and optimize digital marketing tactics to drive development goals for the University.
- Develop strategies and ensure adherence to SEO and SEM best practices.
- Drive and execute online marketing for multiple platforms, based on goals, donor mindset, brand guidelines, and fundraising priorities.
- Develop creative briefs, collateral requests, and editorial calendars, as well as own daily communication with creative, production, web production, and development officers to ensure successful execution of web content and campaigns.
- A bachelor's degree and five years of professional experience in communications and marketing.
- Successful candidates will have advanced knowledge and experience in digital marketing automation leveraging various technologies including Salesforce Marketing Cloud, digital advertising platforms.
- Strong marketing, technical, and data analysis skills.
- Experience in digital storytelling and design, philanthropic, advancement, donor recognition, alumni engagement, non-profit, or a higher education setting.
- Experience working with electronic communications and websites.
- Proficiency in various marketing automation technologies including Salesforce Marketing Cloud or similar email platform/software, team-based fundraising tools, and crowdfunding platforms.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with digital advertising platforms via Google Suite, Facebook/Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc. CSS, SMS.
- Aptitude in Microsoft Office Suite, database and project management software, web reporting/analysis, and CRM systems are a plus.
- Desire to master new software, applications, and databases.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and problem-solving skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and navigate a complex work environment.
- Commitment to delivering excellent customer service, the ability to work independently as well as collaboratively, and comfort working with ambiguity.
- Capacity to lead and develop a team’s skills through effective feedback and coaching, motivating and empowering colleagues while being institutionally minded, strategic, and impactful.
- Possess a high level of professionalism and commitment to confidentiality with sound judgment and discretion.
- Flexibility to accommodate changing priorities and deadlines.
NOTE: This role will be granted the opportunity to work from home regularly but must be able to commute to Emory University on a flexible weekly schedule based upon business needs. Schedule is based on agreed upon guidelines of department of work. Emory reserves the right to change remote work status with notice to employee.
To ensure the safety of our campus community, the COVID-19 vaccine is required. For more information on the University and Hospital policies and potential exemptions, please see our website.
Emory University is dedicated to providing equal opportunities and equal access to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, genetic information, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, and veteran's status. Emory University does not discriminate in admissions, educational programs, or employment on the basis of any factor stated above or prohibited under applicable law. Students, faculty, and staff are assured of participation in University programs and in the use of facilities without such discrimination. Emory University complies with Executive Order 11246, as amended, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veteran's Readjustment Assistance Act, and applicable executive orders, federal and state regulations regarding nondiscrimination, equal opportunity and affirmative action. Emory University is committed to achieving a diverse workforce through application of its affirmative action, equal opportunity and nondiscrimination policy in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training. Inquiries regarding this policy should be directed to the Emory University Department of Equity and Inclusion, 201 Dowman Drive, Administration Building, Atlanta, GA 30322.
Emory University is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request. To request this document in an alternate format or to request a reasonable accommodation, please contact the Department of Accessibility Services at 404-727-9877 (V) | 404-712-2049 (TDD). Please note that one week advance notice is preferred.
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration!
Digital Marketing Campaigns Producer, Deakin University, Australia, about 12 hours ago
Apply now Job no:536697 Work type:Full-time Location:Flexible Categories:Marketing and Communications Flexible location Full-time, Fixed term HEW 6 $85,588 - $92,428 + 17% Superannuation The Senio...
Senior Marketing Strategist, University of Alberta, Canada, 14 days ago
This position is a part of the Association of the Academic Staff of the University of Alberta (AASUA). In accordance with the Administrative and Professional Officer Agreement , this full time con...
Mgr Marketing +Communication, Arizona State University, United States, 17 days ago
89042BR Campus: Tempe Mgr Marketing +Communication Job Description Are you passionate about marketing, higher education, and communication? Do you love to make people aware of scientific advances ...
Email And Automation Specialist, Deakin University, Australia, 20 days ago
Apply now Job no:535123 Work type:Full-time Location:Flexible Categories:Marketing and Communications Based at our Melbourne, Burwood Campus , Flexible Full-time and continuing HEW 7 $94,173 - $10...
Associate Director, Bus Marketing Communication, School Of Business, American University in Cairo, Egypt, about 3 hours ago
Reports to: Senior Director for External Relations Purpose: The job holder is responsible for enhancing awareness of the school's impact, programs and centers locally and internationally, and pr...
Coordinator Development And Events, Arizona State University, United States, 17 days ago
89006BR Campus: West Coordinator Job Description Key development and event support role in assisting with planning, coordination, and execution efforts for fundraising and community-building progr...