The Director will plan, direct and manage all of the Facilities Management (FM) activities for the Bloomberg School of Public Health (BSPH) including: budgets, administration, human resource matters, maintenance, environmental services, utilities, real estate leases, and capital projects. Will develop and manage the program for planning, design, and construction services for all Bloomberg School of Public Health facilities, both owned and leased, with an area of 1.2 million gross square feet (gsf).
The Director reports directly to the Executive Vice Dean for Finance and Administration, but will have additional reporting responsibilities and be accountable to the Vice President, Johns Hopkins Facilities and Real Estate for University-wide policies and programs to include acquisition/procurement policy, master planning, major capital planning and presentations to the Trustees on matters relating to facilities, real estate and capital expenditures. Additionally, he/she will coordinate on University-wide facility condition analysis and sustainability, energy and utilities planning.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversight of all FM budgets totaling $20+ million per year.
- Responsible and accountable for services, frequencies of tasks, quality levels provided and cost of services.
- Oversee operations to facilitate good communication and resolution of problems.
- Maintain compliance with JHU, JHU HSE, OSHA and MOSHA regulations.
- Manage development of capital renewal programs for all BSPH owned properties.
- Manage all utilities consumed and improve consumption results through energy conserving measures.
- Oversee the involvement of operations in all infrastructure upgrades/replacements in order to produce the best possible outcome.
- Manage the administrative functions of FM including: accounting, payroll, budgeting, human resources and electronic work order systems.
- Responsible for oversight of all real estate leases between the School and property owners including both school paid and departmental paid leases. (the school paid leases budget totals $5.5+ million for approximately 150,000 gsf).
- Oversight of all utilities necessary to operate the School as well as to ensure efficient and cost effective daily operations through energy conserving measures (ECMs). (the budget for both utilities and ECMs totals $5+ million per year).
- Pursuse BGE Smart Savers energy rebates whenever possible.
- Responsible for all capital projects including: planning, design and construction services for all of the BSPH facilities totaling 1.2 million gsf, and an average annual budget of $7+ million dollars. Campus master planning, infrastructure upgrades, 5 and 10 year capital improvement plans.
- Oversee project team interviewing users to determine project requirements and develop design and construction plans and specs.
- Manage the development/presentation of proposed options and obtain user’s approvals.
- Develop scope of work documents, estimates and schedules.
- Interface with IT to ensure fully integrated systems.
- Serve as liaison with architects, engineers, other consultants, general contractors and subcontractors to mitigate issues related to design/construction.
- Interact with individuals on all organizational levels throughout JHU and JHSPH.
- Prepare all necessary project and cumulative reports.
- Oversee the proper procurement of all design and construction services.
- Provide long and short term planning activities in order to provide all departments’ necessary requirements for success.
- Manage space allocation inventory for all facilities, and the surplus/used furniture and equipment inventory.
- Manage a staff of approximately 115 FTEs: Maintenance: 5 staff and 25 Bargaining Unit (BU) employees; Environmental Services (EVS): 6 staff and 55 BU employees; and 20 FM administrative Maintain and improve the School’s high standard of care. Continuation of School standard’s such as butcher block furniture, chairs, stools, benches, tables as well as finishes, color schemes, artwork framing systems, materials and design elements.
- Serve as the liaison with academic departments and administrative offices, University Administration and the Dean and other administrators of the School of Public Health.
- Provide departmental managerial leadership and promotes the development of staff.
- Interact frequently with Deans, Senior Administrators, Faculty, and Staff, and presents strategic plans to the Board of Trustees occasionally.
- Provide advice/recommendations to Executive Vice Dean for Finance and Administration regarding deferred maintenance, infrastructure upgrades, renovation and construction projects necessary to keep the School in the forefront of Public Health education/research.
- Responsible for FM departmental compliance and completion of goals related to the JHU Hopkins Local and Economic Inclusion initiatives.
- Ensure maximum utilization by FM of software applications including, but not limited to: Maximo, Kronos, Archibus, CAD, BIM, AIA, B2GNOW and PM web.
- Serve as a liaison with colleagues in other JHU divisions and other external Universities and professional organizations.
- Serves on the Utilities LLC operations and OIE’s access/ADA facility compliance subcommittees, and the Environmental Stewardship Committee (ESC).
- Acts as subject matter expert and spokesperson for energy conservation measures within the BSPH Facilities Management office’s range of influence.
- Collaborates with the University’s Office of Sustainability’s efforts to reduce greenhouse gas emissions by providing consumption data and undertaking energy conservation projects.
- Serves on the Bargaining Unit Directors (BUD) committee, working to create consistent JHU(CBA) employees.
] Extension Associate In Brewing, , United States, about 17 hours ago
Extension Associate in Brewing College of Agriculture and Life Sciences - Department of Food Science NYS Agriculture Experiment Station Geneva, New York Position Function Cornell’s food science ex...
] Extension Associate Integrated Pest Management Extension Educator , , United States, about 17 hours ago
New York State Integrated Pest Management Program Extension Associate (Western NY Field Crops and Livestock IPM Specialist) Integrated Pest Management Extension Educator Jennifer Grant, Director, ...