Apply now Job no:511271
Classification:Crafts & Trades II
Grade:C&T Grade 2
Work type:Crafts and Trades, Staff Full-time
Administrative Unit:University of Alaska Anchorage
School/Business unit:VCAS Facilities & Campus Svcs
Categories:Facilities/Skilled Trades, Other
Facilities and Campus Services is an organization consisting of six major divisions: Work Management, Facilities Maintenance, Facilities Planning and Construction, University Police, Facilities Operations, and Support Services. It is the primary responsibility of these divisions to provide a safe effective environment for the students and staff of the university to live, study and work.
10The CT 2 technician completes estimates of material and labor on various projects; and performs planning tasks for maintenance mechanical projects, new work or renewal maintenance.Essential
20Coordniates with maintenance staff regarding computerized building automation systems, including recommending adjustments of system parameters; monitoring systems and using automation system to diagnois and control equipment in the field.Essential
20Serves as the senior HVAC techician in the shop and coordinates and collaborates with other technicians to assure technical adequacy of systems maintenance. Supports the shop in creating, updating and amending equipment PMs.Essential
50The incumbent performs a variety of tasks in the assessment, operations, maintenance, preventive maintenance, repair, overhaul, and installation of mechanical and related systems, including heating, cooling, humidification systems, boilers, pumps, fans, coils and their associated controls.Essential
- Candidate must have the ability to work safely in ceilings, crawl spaces, chases and other confined work areas; the ability to repetitively work from ladders, scaffolds or man lifts and occasionally work during inclement weather situations on rooftop units. Will be required periodically to move and lift heavy parts and equipment.
- Candidate must have substantial journeyman level experience in the installation, repair and preventative maintenance of heavy commercial and industrial Plumbing and HVAC related systems, such as air handlers, chillers, boilers, compressors, humidification, cooling and transfer systems with a strong emphasis on filter changes and unit servicing.
- Candidate must be willing and able to clear drains, facilitate maintenance repair on plumbing fixtures, repair leakage on piping and pumps. A good working knowledge of pneumatic control systems and an understanding and use computerized building automation control systems is necessary.
- Candidate must have effective written and verbal communication skills, the knowledge and ability to comprehend blueprints and schematics, the ability to complete inspection reports and maintain records, timekeeping / payroll reporting and provide estimates, both written and electronically. Must understand building codes and safety standards and adhere to those guidelines.
- Applicant needs to be a team player who is committed to providing excellent customer service while working in a safe, timely, and professional manner and have effective written and verbal communication skills. Candidate must understand and follow policy and procedures required to work in an educational environment and maintain a professional code of conduct.
- Applicant must be able to repetitively lift 50 lbs. and work in a physically demanding environment which includes working in enclosed spaces, on ladders, and occasionally extreme heights. Applicant must be able to demonstrate ongoing educational experiences within the Plumbing and/or HVAC field. Applicant must be willing and able to learn complex procedures and demonstrate a desire for furthering their education in this field.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Journeyman level or equivalent certification; or a minimum of ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience with building automation systems including operator training. Gas boiler and gas appliance training. Must be capable of learning building automation systems in the next 6 mos.
Typical Education or Training:
- Applicant required to have journeymen level experience and/or training in commercial/industrial Plumbing and HVAC systems. A valid Alaska Driver's license is required for the position, but applicant may possess a valid driver's license and obtain an Alaska driver's license within 60 days of accepting the job. In addition, the applicant must meet UAA's safe driving criteria. Applicants must submit with their application packet a current (no older than 30 days) copy of their DMV records.
- Repetitive movement
- Lifting up to 75lbs
Environmental & Hazardous Conditions:
- Close/Cramped Quarters
- Electrical Hazards
- Fire Hazards
- Weather Extremes
- Darkness/Poor Lighting
- Mechanical Hazards
- Normal Office Environment
Advertised:21 Feb 2019 Alaskan Standard Time
Applications close:22 Mar 2019 Alaskan Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Kellogg Farm Manager, Alaska Pacific University, United States, 16 days ago
Job Summary This is an exciting, year-round opportunity to manage a 6-acre (and growing!) produce farm in the heart of the Matanuska-Susitna Valley. The Kellogg Farm Manager directs all growing op...
Gis Technician Joint Base Elmendorf–Richardson, Ak, Colorado State University, United States, about 12 hours ago
Posting Details Posting Detail Information Working Title GIS Technician - Joint Base Elmendorf–Richardson, AK Position Location Richardson, AK Research Professional Position Yes Posting Number 201...
Instructor Hvac Full Time, Charter College, United States, about 23 hours ago
SHARE YOUR HVAC KNOWLEDGE - JOIN US AS AN INSTRUCTOR! Charter College, a fast growing career college in Anchorage, AK is now addingl HVAC classes at our campus! We are seeking enthusiastic instr...
Lab Simulation Coordinator, Charter College, United States, about 23 hours ago
I POSITION DESCRIPTION The Full time Lab Simulation Coordinator is responsible for the daily operations of simulation lab experiences, computer programming for simulation scenarios, simulation equ...
Enrollment Processor, Charter College, United States, about 23 hours ago
Position Description The Enrollment Processor (EP) is part of the Admissions team. The primary focus of this position is to explain all funding sources available to a prospective student and ensur...