A higher degree of healthcare.
All across UW Medicine, our employees collaborate to perform the highest quality work with integrity and compassion and to create a respectful, welcoming environment where every patient, family, student and colleague is valued and honored.
The Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology serves as a regional resource for clinical laboratory services required for patient care, research and educational programs in laboratory medicine. The department currently employs 900 people who work at the award-winning University of Washington Medical Center (ranked among the top medical centers in the United States as rated by U.S. News & World Report), Harborview Medical Center (the region's only Level I Trauma center, known for innovations and excellence in trauma care and its centers of emphasis: Trauma, Burn, Neurosciences, AIDS/STD CARER, and mentally- and medically- vulnerable populations.), and many other clinical and research facilities in the area. The University of Washington (UW) is proud to be one of the nation’s premier educational and research institutions. Our people are the most important asset in our pursuit of achieving excellence in education, research, and community service. Our staff not only enjoys outstanding benefits and professional growth opportunities, but also an environment noted for diversity, community involvement, intellectual excitement and natural beauty.
UW's Department of Laboratory Medicine & Pathology has outstanding opportunities open for Temporary COVID Testing Patient Assistant.
- Register drive-thru and/or walk up patients; assist individuals seeking a COVID test; follow UW Medicine data security and HIPAA protocols; review and audit online information to ensure completeness; request, verify, and/or enter/update patient information.
- For proper test administration; collect and record insurance information, Driver’s license, or identification card information, as appropriate.
- Engage directly with patients to ensure they are correctly entered in the patient registration system, including collecting required information to ensure appropriate data processing for accurate communication regarding results.
- Provide accurate and complete information regarding COVID-19 testing program, including explaining the swabbing processing, and answering frequently asked questions.
- Accurately write out and perform proper verification of patient information to their paperwork, labels, and tubes.
- Respond to customer inquires and complaints; research problems; resolve and reconcile discrepancies; prepare documents to make adjustments and corrections when errors are detected; and refer customer service requests to appropriate personnel for disposition and follow up whenever appropriate.
- Update and maintain accurate account information and customer records in computerized customer information/database systems by inputting new information and changes, and maintain statistical records and generate reports, as requested.
- Provide a high-standard of customer service and assistance to all patient populations, including using site tools for interpreter services appropriately.
- Assist patients, as needed, in the COVID specimen collection procedure.
- Follow all safety protocols, wearing assigned personal protective equipment, and follow all site infection prevention procedures.
- Receive supply inventory shipments and accurately document their arrival.
- Notify site leadership in a timely manner of any operation, patient, facility issues or improvements that arise.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school graduation or equivalent AND one year of clerical experience involving customer service, public contact, and/or experience in a billing processing (or a combination of education and/or training and/or experience which provides an equivalent background.
- Ability to get licensed as a MA-R during first 90 days.
- Flexibility to work any Seattle or surrounding area COVID collection area.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing in English.
- Experience in a laboratory environment.
- Experience working with Solv.
- Proficient in a non-English language.
Postdoctoral Researcher On Environmental Management: Seattle, Wa, Washington Dept. of Fish and Wildlife, UW, and WACFWRU, United States, 2 months ago
Click for a hub of Extension resources related to the current COVID-19 situation. AgencyWashington Dept. of Fish and Wildlife, UW, and WACFWRULocationSeattle, WAJob CategoryPost Doctoral Appointme...
Ms Position In Wildlife Ecology At University Of Washington, Seattle Wa, University of Washington, United States, 26 days ago
Click for a hub of Extension resources related to the current COVID-19 situation. AgencyUniversity of WashingtonLocationSeattle WAJob CategoryGraduate AssistantshipsSalary~$28,000/yrStart Date09/1...
West Coast Fisheries Program Assistant: Seattle, Wa, A.I.S., Inc., United States, about 2 months ago
Click for a hub of Extension resources related to the current COVID-19 situation. AgencyA.I.S., Inc.LocationSeattle, WAJob CategoryFull time PositionsSalaryNegotiableStart Date10/20/2021Last Date ...