Achievement & Assessment Inst
The Achievement and Assessment Institute is seeking a Communications Coordinator. This position will report to the AAI director and will perform communications, public affairs, public relations and/or marketing activities for the Institute. These activities may include creating instructional or promotional content including writing, copy editing, photography or videography for publications, press releases, or digital platforms. Promotes department visibility and highlights accomplishments and potential benefits, working with researchers to translate technical information for the general public. May plan and organize events to support researcher engagement. May supervise student employees.
Consistent with our mission (https://aai.ku.edu/mission-statement ), the Achievement and Assessment Institute actively encourages applications from members of underrepresented groups in higher education.
70% - Perform communications functions:
- Develop and maintain AAI’s visibility through communication channels including, but not limited to press releases, print material, annual reports, video, social media, website, etc.
- Execute strategic communication plans that are consistent with both KU and AAI’s overall mission and objectives.
- Provide support for any written communication, presentations, or talking points needed by AAI leadership.
- Maintain content and track engagement across various AAI platforms (social media, website) and make data-driven decisions.
- Develop and lead the overall strategic direction for AAI communication and outreach.
- Create and maintain an annual schedule of events and opportunities for which to provide communications support.
- Serve as communication liaison between the Director of AAI, other communication specialists within AAI, the KU Office of Research, and the School of Education and Human Sciences,
- Stay current on the relevance of digital platforms and adjust the strategic communication plans as necessary.
Other duties as assigned
Position will be telework until COVID-19 restrictions are lifted and it is safe to begin working on campus.
Contact Information to Applicants
Ronda Consolver - email@example.com
Additional Candidate Instruction
In addition to an online application, cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references, candidates must provide a portfolio and/or links that show the quality of writing, graphics, and video that they have produced. Only complete applications will be considered.
Application review begins February 1, 2021, and continues until the position is filled. To ensure first consideration, apply before the application review date.
Advertised Salary Range
Application Review Begins
Anticipated Start Date
University of Kansas Lawrence Campus
U-Unclassified Professional Staff
Monday-Friday 8:00 AM-5:00 PM
Conditions of Employment
Contingent on Funding
Work Location Assignment
The University of Kansas prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, disability status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression, and genetic information in the university's programs and activities. Retaliation is also prohibited by university policy. The following persons have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies and are the Title IX coordinators for their respective campuses: Director of the Office of Institutional Opportunity and Access, IOA@ku.edu, Room 1082, Dole Human Development Center, 1000 Sunnyside Avenue, Lawrence, KS 66045, 785-864-6414, 711 TTY (for the Lawrence, Edwards, Parsons, Yoder, and Topeka campuses); Director, Equal Opportunity Office, Mail Stop 7004, 4330 Shawnee Mission Parkway, Fairway, KS 66205, 913-588-8011, 711 TTY (for the Wichita, Salina, and Kansas City, Kansas medical center campuses).
Manager, Kansas Geologic Sample Repository Wichita, University of Kansas, United States, 15 days ago
Kansas Geological Survey Position Overview Manage the Kansas Geologic Sample Repository (KGSR) operations and represent the Kansas Geological Survey (KGS) as an extension of the activities in the ...