Under the direction of the Director of Career Engagement, the Career Services Advisor (CSA) will be part of a transformational career services team. The Career Center’s mission is to advance student success by providing a robust Berklee network, coordinated career resources, and enriching practice based and experiential opportunities that help students develop an entrepreneurial mindset as they define, develop and realize their artistic, creative, and career potential with greater intention and success. The Berklee Career Center is organized around seven career communities (business, composition, design, education, health and wellness, performance, and production) designed to connect students to real-world career paths, industries, resources, and programs related to their passions and interests.
Career Communities: berklee.edu/careers
The Career Services Advisor will function as a specialized career advisor and serve as a lead for the advising, facilitating, and convening of students, employers, alumni and faculty for one or more career communities. The CSA is responsible for leading their career communities which educate our undergraduate, graduate and online students from Berklee and Boston Conservatory at Berklee, on trends and issues in their chosen fields of study, providing knowledge that can help them achieve a competitive edge, and connect them to alumni and employers for information, mentorship, jobs and internships.
In this role, the CSA will also support the Director of Career Engagement with career engagement initiatives such as: marketing and communications, live/virtual event production, digital marketing design, social media, and assessment/career outcomes.
Successful candidates will be relatable to students, and be able to develop and maintain strong relationships with faculty, chairs and employers, in addition to other stakeholders across the College and Conservatory.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree and 2 – 4 years relevant experience in the business, composition, design, education, health and wellness, performance, or production industries, career services, recruiting, or combination of education and industry/relevant experience.
- Previous experience advising/mentoring students.
- Broad knowledge of career development or career advising theory, approaches and strategies.
- Broad knowledge of recruiting practices, industry trends and best practices in career services.
- Passion and knowledge for music/performing arts, technology, and entertainment industries, and background/experience in the industry.
- Broad knowledge or experience with marketing and communications, digital marketing/social media, event production/planning, website content management.
- Experience with assessment/data analysis and reporting a plus.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide general and specialized (performing arts/entertainment industry) career advising/coaching services and expertise within specific career sectors to students to support them during their time at the college. Guiding students from the time they start as freshman, through selection of a major, and up until graduation. Advising services will include one-on-one appointments, supporting walk-in hours, group sessions.
- Educate, assist and prepare students on specifics of applying and working at internships and full-time jobs. Research techniques, search strategies, networking tactics, resume and interview prep, and salary negotiation. In addition, advising best practices on how to leverage social media platforms such as LinkedIn, and other online resources that will assist in securing internships and jobs.
- Support career education initiatives and programming.
- Lead an assigned career community and work closely with faculty and chairs to determine needs and desires of students, and to present educational materials on a variety of career topics.
- Act as an Internship Advisor and maintain a course load of internship students each semester.
- Work with alumni to provide advising/coaching services, guiding them on various jobs, internship opportunities, and graduate programs, making sure they have access to all career resources such as Berklee Career Manager, Hub and other related materials and services.
- Support the Director of Career Engagement with:
- marketing, communications, and branding efforts
- the creation and design of marketing assets
- writing, editing, and proofreading student outreach materials
- website content management
- social media content creation and strategy
- career outcomes and assessment strategy/data analysis and reporting
- live/virtual event planning and production
- student outreach/specialized student cohort engagement initiatives
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Demonstrated passion and appreciation for the creative process and enjoy working with and coaching/advising talented students from all over the world.
- Knowledge of trends in internships, employment, economy, and industry networks.
- Ability to cultivate relationships with employers from various sectors in the music/performing arts, tech and entertainment industries.
- Advanced verbal communication skills to effectively give presentations and interact with internal and external audiences, and all levels of college staff and faculty
- Advanced writing skills to create and proofread messaging for student outreach
- Experience creating, coordinating and implementing career education programs and events.
- Relevant computer systems/technology experience and comfort within social media, content design, website content management, and digital communication.
- Knowledge of various career resources, tools and publications.
- Entrepreneurial, creative, and innovative spirit, comfort with change, ambiguity and risk in a fast-paced environment.
- High level of cultural competence, values, ethics, and principles that align with the Berklee community, in which every voice is valued and respected and where a diverse, inclusive, work and learning environment is essential.
- Design and content creation skills and proficiency with social media platforms (Instagram/Facebook/TikTok), Canva, Adobe Suite, Final Cut Pro a plus.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Equal Employment Opportunity at Berklee :
We support an inclusive workplace where everyone excels based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance. Berklee affirms that inequality is detrimental to our faculty, staff, students, and the communities we serve. Our goal is to make lasting change through our actions. Berklee is committed to providing fair and equitable consideration of all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry, age, national origin, place of birth, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or status as a member of the armed forces or veteran of the armed forces, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
As part of this commitment, Berklee will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact the Human Resources Team at hroperations@Berklee.edu or call 617-747-2375.
Berklee is committed to increasing the diversity of our institution, community, and the curriculum. Candidates who can contribute to that goal are encouraged to apply and to identify their strengths in this area.
*Currently enrolled Berklee students are not permitted to apply for staff or faculty positions.*
Communications Manager, Texas A&M University, United States, about 19 hours ago
Job Title Communications Manager Agency Texas A&M University Department Multicultural Services Department Proposed Minimum Salary $4,416.67 monthly Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Sta...
Communication Specialist Ii, Texas A&M University, United States, about 19 hours ago
Job Title Communication Specialist II Agency Texas A&M University Department Academic Affairs Recruiting Office Proposed Minimum Salary $3,042.67 monthly Job Location College Station, Texas Job Ty...
Program Coordinator I, Texas A&M University, United States, 6 days ago
Job Title Program Coordinator I Agency Texas A&M University Department Academic Affairs Recruiting Office Proposed Minimum Salary $3,042.67 monthly Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Sta...
Associate Program Director, Texas A&M University, United States, about 19 hours ago
Job Title Associate Program Director Agency Texas A&M University Department Mba Program Office Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Staff Job Descripti...
Academic Outreach Coordinator, Texas A&M University System, United States, about 21 hours ago
Job Title Academic Outreach Coordinator Agency Texas A&M International University Department Outreach and PreCollege Programs Proposed Minimum Salary $17.55 hourly Job Location Laredo, Texas Job T...
Academic Advisor Ii, Texas A&M University, United States, about 20 hours ago
Job Title Academic Advisor II Agency Texas A&M University Department Sociology Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Staff Job Description Our Commitmen...