Job TitleBusiness Coordinator III
AgencyTexas A&M University
Proposed Minimum Salary
Proposed Minimum Salary$3,392.67 monthly
Job LocationCollege Station, Texas
Texas A&M University is committed to enriching the learning and working environment for all visitors, students, faculty, and staff by promoting a culture that embraces inclusion, diversity, equity, and accountability. Diverse perspectives, talents, and identities are vital to accomplishing our mission and living our core values .
Who we are
The Department of Student Activities fosters and supports leadership, learning, and involvement opportunities that enhance the growth and development of students and recognized student organizations. As members of the university community, we are committed to a philosophy of shared responsibility that develops leaders of character dedicated to serving the greater good, and we subscribe to the Texas A&M core values of Respect, Excellence, Leadership, Loyalty, Integrity, and Selfless Service. To learn more, please visit https://studentactivities.tamu.edu/ .
What we want
We are looking for a Business Coordinator III, to join the Accounting team in the Department of Student Activities. The Business Coordinator III, under general supervision, provides staff support and coordination of a variety of business activities requiring independent judgment, including reviewing business documents and assisting in developing, monitoring, and reporting accounts and budget data with limited supervision. This position is responsible for reconciling all departmental accounts to ensure budgets are maintained and expenses and revenues are accurately reflected. The Business Coordinator III, directly supervises full-time staff and indirectly supervises student assistants. The ideal candidate will have experience with developing and monitoring budgets, projecting budget needs, producing complex and analytical reports, reconciling accounts, maintaining compliance of financial processes, and supervision of full-time staff. The selected candidate will subscribe to and support our commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accountability as stated above. If this description appeals you, then apply to be considered for this great opportunity!
What you need to know
Cover Letter/Resume’: A cover letter and resume’ are strongly recommended. You may upload these documents on the application under CV/Resume.
COVID-19 information: Texas A&M University monitors local, state and federally mandated health guidelines to keep students, employees, prospective employees, and visitors as safe as possible. For the latest information regarding Texas A&M’s COVID-19 response, please visit the University’s COVID-19 website . For COVID-19 employment-related information, please visit the Division of Human Resources and Organizational Effectiveness’ COVID-19 website .
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Four years of related experience in general office, accounting, or personnel operations.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to use word processing, spreadsheet and database programs.
- Ability to multi-task and work cooperatively with others.
Other Requirements or Other Factors:
- Commitment to university’s and department’s core values.
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- Ability to work nights and periodic weekends as needed.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree and/or professional certification in business, human resources or other related field.
- Experience in task management. Experience in managing business operations.
- Experience in financial compliance and segregation of duties.
- Experience within the specific duties, policies, and computer systems described in this position description.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Significant financial management skills, excellent communication skills including presentations.
- Financial Management - Budget Support & Analysis - Provides support to the Business Administrator II and Associate Director in the annual budget process, including but not limited to, the SAFAB process, departmental internal budget allocation, Mid-Year budget, and Phase I and Phase II of the annual budget process. Produces accurate and timely financial analysis reports for departmental budgetary needs as well as special projects. Develops, monitors, and reports budget activity. Oversees the reserve spending plans for departmental accounts. Proposes solutions to complex financial problems. Develops complex financial and statistical analyses and summary reports. Responsible for meeting with account managers to assist in the development of their budget allocation requests and maintains transparency throughout the process. Works with Business Administrator II to finalize internal budget allocation process.
- Financial Management - Reconciliations - Responsible for the reconciliation of all departmental accounts to be reviewed monthly in compliance with University Rules and Regulations and internal procedures. Responsible for ensuring reconciliations, fiscal and payment card, are in compliance and stored securely. Serves as a financial liaison to University and off campus constituents. Ensures accounting staff are regularly meeting with account managers to review reconciliations. Identifies any short-term or long-term budgetary planning needs and works with Business Administrator II to address these concerns.
- Supervision - Responsible for the management and supervision of two full-time budgeted Business Coordinator II positions and indirectly supervises the accounting student assistants.
- New Staff Support - Serves as liaison with financial, payroll and/or human resources. Requests and tracks travel card applications and processes moving expenses for staff.
- Diversity & Inclusion - Models a strong understanding of and appreciation for the University's, Division's, and Department's priorities related to creating a community of respect and inclusion. Performs other duties as assigned.
Instructions to Applicants: Applications received by Texas A&M University must either have all job application data entered or a resume attached. Failure to provide all job application data or a complete resume could result in an invalid submission and a rejected application. We encourage all applicants to upload a resume or use a LinkedIn profile to pre-populate the online application.
In accordance with the federal contractor vaccination mandate , specific facilities at The Texas A&M System may be considered a covered contractor workplace with covered contractor employees. Therefore, successful applicants for this position may be subject to the federal mandate to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment unless an approved medical or religious accommodation is in place.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
Assistant Director, Operations, TAMHSC, United States, 10 days ago
Job Title Assistant Director, Operations Agency Texas A&M University Health Science Center Department Senior Vice President & CEO Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station,...
Program Director, TAMHSC, United States, 5 days ago
Job Title Program Director Agency Texas A&M University Health Science Center Department Healthy South Texas Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Staff ...
Director Of Marketing And Communication, TAMHSC, United States, 3 days ago
Job Title Director of Marketing and Communication Agency Texas A&M University Health Science Center Department SOM Finance Centralized Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location Bryan, Texa...
Business Coordinator I, TAMHSC, United States, 4 days ago
Job Title Business Coordinator I Agency Texas A&M University Health Science Center Department Student Health Services Proposed Minimum Salary $3,399.00 monthly Job Location College Station, Texas ...
Business Coordinator I, Texas A&m Engineering, United States, 11 days ago
Job Title Business Coordinator I Agency Texas A&M Engineering Department Epo Asst. Dean For Finance Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Staff Job Desc...
Program Specialist Iii, Texas A&m Engineering, United States, about 14 hours ago
Job Title Program Specialist III Agency Texas A&M Engineering Department Educational Achievement Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Staff Job Descrip...