Job TitleBusiness Coordinator II
AgencyTexas A&M Engineering
DepartmentTees Fiscal Office
Proposed Minimum Salary
Proposed Minimum SalaryCommensurate
Job LocationCollege Station, Texas
The Business Coordinator II, provides staff support and coordination of a variety of business activities requiring independent judgment, including reviewing business documents for the unit head and assisting in developing, monitoring and reporting accounts and unit budget data as directed by supervisor.
- Prepare vouchers, pay invoices, develop and oversee the proper payment and handling of symposia expenses, vouchers and fiscal charges and transfers. Serves as an approver and back-up signer of vouchers and requisitions; reviews and audits reconciliations of all unit accounts.
- Prepares complex monthly and annual financial reports for unit administrator by collecting business information from a variety of sources.
- Prepare requisitions and provide support for bids for supplies and contracted services within system and state guidelines. Inform, guide and assist professional staff through purchasing process.
- Arrange transportation needs for office staff. Prepare, submit and process Travel and Leave document requests.
- Assists with unit or division level administration as needed. Coordinates maintenance of unit business files. Serves as unit records management coordinator. Trains staff on new and existing business procedures.
- Liaison between outside agencies and TEES' fiscal office personnel to reconcile invoices, account balances, and payments. Coordinates annual fiscal year closing activities and drafts new fiscal year plans. Coordinates fiscal activities of the unit with little direct supervision.
- Proposes solutions to complex financial problems for the unit. Serves as liaison with the Financial Management Services Department and the Human Resources Department. Coordinates personnel activities of the unit.
- Recommends, implements and audits unit business procedures.
- Responsible for online registrations, database entry, invoicing, receipting and depositing revenue. Acts as primary cashier/Registrar. Assists in management of tasks related to personnel administration and payroll submission.
- Coordinates registration and transaction process and promotes communication between functional areas and outside units. Plans and coordinates logistical and administrative support for events related to Registration.
- Manages onsite delegate registration and operations for all Turbomachinery Symposia Office events. Prepares, secures and delivers financial transaction documents, in conformance with established standards and procedures on-site and in-house, prior and post symposium events. Manage and oversee duties/tasks related to TL accounts receivable, collections and symposia registration.
- Directly support Director and SD in budget development, analysis, preparation and implementation. Prepare, monitor, report and maintain budget/spending records for laboratory support, research and symposium accounts. Track individual line items, produce financial statements, cash flow, and balance sheets as requested. Communicates cash handling procedures. Audits and approves cash handling activities by the unit. Coordinates unit purchasing activities. Develops complex financial and statistical analyses and summary reports.
- Assist SD in monitoring and maintaining office compliance with TEES and State Purchasing procedures. Compile and provide policy documentation as required to assure compliance with system/state policies/guidelines.
- Participates in the hiring and training of subordinate business classified staff and student workers and may provide supervision. Analyzes staff workloads, recommends application of work duties and priorities. Coordinate administrative support functions, supervise, train, and evaluate Student Workers.
- Provide monthly/year-end balancing of accounts/expenditures as required. Provide expense reports and notify Symposia Director (SD) of expenditures exceeding set parameters. Process/pay internal office and laboratory phone bill.
- Locates and applies System policies and regulations and Agency and/or University rules for business staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Three years of related experience.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
Assistant Chief Financial Officer, Texas A&M University System, United States, 14 days ago
Job Title Assistant Chief Financial Officer Agency Texas A&M Engineering Department Asst. Vice Chancellor/Cfo Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Staf...
Business Coordinator I, Texas A&M University, United States, 6 days ago
Job Title Business Coordinator I Agency Texas A&M Engineering Department TEES Fiscal Office Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Staff Job Description ...
Business Coordinator Iii, Texas A&M University, United States, 16 days ago
Job Title Business Coordinator III Agency Texas A&M Engineering Department TEES Fiscal Office Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Staff Job Descriptio...
Business Coordinator I, Texas A&M University, United States, about 23 hours ago
Job Title Business Coordinator I Agency Texas A&M University Department Finance - College of Arts and Sciences Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Sta...
Business Coordinator Iii, Texas A&M University, United States, about 22 hours ago
Job Title Business Coordinator III Agency Texas A&M University Department Student Affairs Finance Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Staff Job Descri...
Business Coordinator Ii, TTI, United States, about 21 hours ago
Job Title Business Coordinator II Agency Texas A&M Transportation Institute Department Pavement & Materials Division Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Ty...