Adler University invites applications for a full-time Associate Director of Training (ADOT) and core faculty position in the doctoral psychology (PsyD) program of the Chicago Campus. Adler University is the leading academic institution advancing socially responsible practice, healthy communities, and a more just society. We are committed to quality through continuous process improvement and personal accountability. As a result, we seek professionals, who embrace life-long learning, present proactive solutions, and drive results to socially responsible clinical training practices.
The Associate Director of Training – PsyD (ADOT) serves as a core faculty member of the Psychology Department’s Doctor of Psychology (PsyD) in Clinical Psychology Program and will be joining a team of training faculty that consists of one Director of Training and one other Associate Director of Training. The ADOT works with the training team to oversee clinical training placements throughout students’ graduate careers. ADOTs act as secondary advisers to students related to professional goals and development, as well as interfacing with practicum and internship supervisors and academic advisers on training-related matters. The ADOT engages in practicum site visits and site development and serves as a point-of-contact for practicum training sites for concerns with students and to gather information on the provision of clinical training. This position reports to the Director of Training – Psy.D. and is accountable through the Director of Training to the Department Chair of Clinical Psychology. The ADOT is a member of the Clinical Psychology core program faculty and teaches seminars and courses at the discretion of the Department Chair.
- Licensed Clinical Psychologist or in the process of obtaining licensure in Illinois
- Doctorate in Clinical or Counseling Psychology (Psy.D., Ph.D., or Ed.D.)
- Valid Illinois driver’s license and access to a car to visit training sites as needed
- Preference will be given to applicants with prior experience in clinical training and/or teaching at the graduate level
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Serves as an administrative point-person to all students in the Clinical PsyD Program for clinical training-related matters
- Develops and updates policies and procedures to ensure that the Clinical PsyD Program is maintaining best practices related to clinical training
- Assists students in site selection and review of application materials for practicum and doctoral internship
- Monitors the progress of practicum performance of assigned students through scheduled meetings and review of evaluations and hour logs, and other relevant documentation
- Assists students with training issues that may arise in the course of their fieldwork.
- Communicates with site contacts on training progress and issues
- Advises on and engages in remediation planning for students
- Oversees site development, maintenance, and tracking of changes and updates
- Conducts site visits and consults with site supervisors to build relationships, manage student or site issues, and ensures quality training
- Participates in Department and Institutional committees
- Attends regular faculty council meetings during the academic term
- Attends Department faculty meetings and retreats
- Prepares, updates, and creates manuals, PowerPoints, and other resource materials
- Tracks data related to practicum and internship placements
- Works with the practicum database manager to complete relevant tasks related to clinical training
- Supports Adler’s mission and commitment to community psychology and producing socially responsible practitioners
- Communicates with the Psychology Department about issues of professional development, training concerns, updated standards and trends in clinical training, and the practicum and internship application preparation and placement process
- Teaches courses and/or chairs dissertations as assigned by the Department Chair
- Participates in Chicago area training association meetings (ACEPT)
- Completes tasks assigned by the Director of Training - PsyD
- Supports administrative duties as related to the role of the Director of Training
- Maintains ethical behavior and the ability to demonstrate ethical decision-making related to concerns regarding practicum and internship training
- Participates in APA re-accreditation efforts
- Demonstrates a team-based approach with program faculty
- Consults with the Director of Training
- Completes additional duties as assigned
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Understanding of best practices related to clinical training
- Computer proficiency – Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Data management and analysis
- Demonstrate a previous commitment to multicultural competency through work and scholarship
- Site development skills are an asset
- Academic preparation for and demonstrated ability to teach doctoral-level courses in clinical psychology
Valued Core Behaviors:
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Responsiveness to change
- Quality and accountability orientation
Core faculty support and model the University’s values of social interest, compassion, justice, respect for the individual, honoring diversity and difference, intellectual rigor, optimism, and collaboration.
The following documentation must be submitted with the application:
- letter of interest
- detailed curriculum vitae/resume
- three (3) letters of recommendation
- syllabi of prior courses/seminars/teaching experience
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position has been filled pending budgetary approval.
Prior to an offer of employment official transcripts and letters of recommendation will be required. Salary and academic rank are commensurate with experience and qualifications. A range of full benefits are provided and are detailed further at www.adler.edu
Assistant Director Of The Honor Council Emory College Of Arts And Sciences, Emory University, United States, 27 days ago
Emory University is a leading research university that fosters excellence and attracts world-class talent to innovate today and prepare leaders for the future. We welcome candidates who can contri...
Internships Administrator, McGill University, Canada, about 21 hours ago
Please refer to the How to Apply for a Job (for External Candidates) job aid for instructions on how to apply. If you are an active McGill employee (ie: currently in an active contract or positio...
Teacher Clinical Psychology, University of Amsterdam (UvA), Netherlands, 20 days ago
Teacher Clinical Psychology Teacher Clinical Psychology Published Deadline Location yesterday 2 Apr Amsterdam Job description Are you a starting or more experienced teacher with interest in Clinic...
Two Associate Professors Clinical Psychology (0.8 1.0 Fte) , Utrecht University, Netherlands, 4 days ago
Print this page Two Associate Professors Clinical Psychology (0.8 - 1.0 FTE) Job description The Department of Psychology has a job opening for two Associate Professors. These positions are embedd...
Teacher Clinical Psychology , University of Amsterdam, Netherlands, 16 days ago
Are you a starting or more experienced teacher with interest in Clinical Psychology? The Clinical Psychology programme group of the University of Amsterdam has two vacancies for teaching positio...
Social Worker / Therapist, University of Toronto, Canada, 6 days ago
Social Worker/Therapist (Keswick Site) Permanent, Full-time (35 hours per week) $63,025.80 – $74,148.00 + Health Benefits and HOOPP Location: 716 The Queensway South, Keswick, Ontario, L4P 4C9The ...