Job TitleAssistant Multimedia Specialist I
AgencyTexas A&M University
Proposed Minimum Salary
Proposed Minimum SalaryCommensurate
Job LocationCollege Station, Texas
Texas A&M University is committed to enriching the learning and working environment for all visitors, students, faculty, and staff by promoting a culture that embraces inclusion, diversity, equity, and accountability. Diverse perspectives, talents, and identities are vital to accomplishing our mission and living our core values .
Who we are
Texas A&M Athletics department is committed to building champions through academic achievement, athletic excellence, and national recognition of student-athletes, teams, and programs. We are a proud member of the Southeastern Conference, with more than 650 Texas A&M student-athletes competing at the NCAA Division 1-A level in 20 varsity sports .
What we want
The Multimedia Specialist I, is responsible for performing advanced level photography services for the Athletic Department under the Director of Photography. Photographs and edits locations, people, athletic events, or special events for use by the department. The selected candidate will subscribe to and support our commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accountability as stated above. If this job description sounds interesting to you, we invite you to apply to be considered for this opportunity.
What you need to know
Salary: Compensation will be commensurate to selected hire’s experience.
Cover Letter/Resume’: A cover letter and resume’ are strongly recommended. You may upload these documents on the application under CV/Resume.
COVID-19 information: Texas A&M University monitors local, state and federally mandated health guidelines to keep students, employees, prospective employees, and visitors as safe as possible. For the latest information regarding Texas A&M’s COVID-19 response, please visit the University’s COVID-19 website . For COVID-19 employment-related information, please visit the Division of Human Resources and Organizational Effectiveness’ COVID-19 website .
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Technical and creative knowledge in DSLR pro-camera operation, photo editing, studio lighting, and other photography skill sets.
- Knowledge of editing software and digital asset management tools.
- Must be a creative and technical problem solver with strong communication skills.
- Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others.
Other Requirements or Other Factors:
- Position will be covering athletic and other special events that happen on nights and weekends.
- Travel may be required.
- Sports photography and photojournalism experience.
- Experience using editing software and digital asset management tools.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to create GIFs and motion graphics out of still images.
- Advanced technical and creative knowledge in video and audio capture and post-production editing.
- Advanced comprehension of Photoshop and Adobe Premiere, Visual Effects, color grading and other industry standard software.
- Ability to operate personal computers with proficiency and quickly learn new applications and systems.
- Editing, Archive, and Distribution - Edits photography in to a final deliverable. Distributes the photos into the Athletic archive system as well as tagging for relevant persons and inputting into INFLCR platform.
- Studio Portraits & Event Coverage - Uses various photographic techniques and lighting equipment to document sporting events and portraits. Understands use of colors, shadows, shades, light, and distance to compose strong and emotional photographs.
- Away Travel - As required, travels with teams at away contests to capture photography of game action and team experience.
- Training & Management of Student Photographers - Helps train and manage student photography workers and their schedules. Assists in making student's time with Athletics one that they learn and gain valuable skills and experiences that will help them post-graduation.
- Compliance - Maintains continual and thorough familiarity with all applicable NCAA, Conference, and University rules and regulations. Establishes and ensures communication and enforcement of rules and regulations concerning student-athletes: conduct, appearance, road games, punctuality and other areas as deemed appropriate. Maintains awareness of and supports the diversity and inclusion initiatives of the Athletics Department. Performs other duties as assigned.
Instructions to Applicants: Applications received by Texas A&M University must either have all job application data entered or a resume attached. Failure to provide all job application data or a complete resume could result in an invalid submission and a rejected application. We encourage all applicants to upload a resume or use a LinkedIn profile to pre-populate the online application.
In accordance with the federal contractor vaccination mandate , specific facilities at The Texas A&M System may be considered a covered contractor workplace with covered contractor employees. Therefore, successful applicants for this position may be subject to the federal mandate to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment unless an approved medical or religious accommodation is in place.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
Licensing Associate, Texas A&m Engineering, United States, 7 days ago
Job Title Licensing Associate Agency Texas A&M Engineering Department Commercialization And Entrepreneurship Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Staff...
Program Manager, Texas A&m Engineering, United States, about 4 hours ago
Job Title Program Manager Agency Texas A&M Engineering Department Asst Vice Chancellor For Public Affairs Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Staff Jo...
Nurse Practitioner P16, Navasota, Texas, TAMHSC, United States, 6 days ago
Job Title Nurse Practitioner P16, Navasota, Texas Agency Texas A&M University Health Science Center Department College of Nursing Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location Bryan, Texas Job...
Tfs Purchasing Department Head, Texas A&M Forest Service, United States, about 16 hours ago
Job Title TFS Purchasing Department Head Agency Texas A&M Forest Service Department Fiad Associate Director's Office Proposed Minimum Salary $6,083.34 monthly Job Location College Station, Texas J...
Program Manager P12, TAMHSC, United States, 25 days ago
Job Title Program Manager P12 Agency Texas A&M University Health Science Center Department Academic Affairs Com Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location Bryan, Texas Job Type Staff Job De...
Administrative Associate I Employee Services, Texas A&M Forest Service, United States, about 16 hours ago
Job Title Administrative Associate I - Employee Services Agency Texas A&M Forest Service Department Employee Development Department Proposed Minimum Salary $13.00 hourly Job Location College Stati...