The laboratory of Dr. Samuel Yang at Stanford School of Medicine, Department of Emergency Medicine is seeking a Basic Life Science Research Scientist.
The Research Scientist will be involved directly in the execution of Dr. Yang’s research activities. Dr. Yang's research in precision health leverages advances in genome sciences, engineering, material science, molecular microbiology, and computational biology to develop rapid diagnostics and novel therapeutics in order to combat acute infections, enable timely antibiotic stewardship and ultimately improve patient outcomes. The candidate will support the PI with project conception and study/experimental design. S/he will: conduct experiments which may involve coordinating a complex experimental protocol; collaborate with the PI to design a research approach of a project and/or integrate results of the project; independently identify/modify standard procedures based on judgment concerning the general goals of a project; and develop, test, and evaluate new protocols and methods by remaining up to date on relevant new literature. The candidate will lead the preparation of various protocols, proposals, progress, and final reports as well as be likely co-author on reports for publication or professional presentation with the work being reviewed by the PI or faculty. S/he will present ongoing work and findings to colleagues in internal and external research settings and complete project-related administrative and budgetary responsibilities as needed. It is expected that the Research Scientist helps oversee the guidance of postdoctoral scholars, graduate and undergraduate students in the laboratory.
- Ph.D. in Microbiology (preferred specialty), Genomics, Immunology, Cellular or Molecular Biology, Biomedical Engineering, or related fields with 5-6 years of post-doctoral experience essential. 4-6 years of industry experience desired.
- Experience managing and supervising the work of others.
- Broad experience in standard molecular biology techniques including DNA/RNA sample preparation, nucleic acid extraction and clean-up methods, PCR and RT-PCR essential.
- Strong background in statistical data analysis essential.
- Strong background in high-throughput sequence data analysis and primer design.
- Hands-on expertise in assay design, formulation optimization, and troubleshooting for nucleic acid amplification (qPCR, isothermal amplification) desired.
- Hands-on experience with qPCR is required, with digital PCR desire, as well as fluorescent microscopy.
- Excellent written and oral skills with experience writing grant proposals.
- Experience integrating assays on devices desired.
- Experience in development of clinical diagnostic assays for infectious disease desired.
Please submit current CV, publications list and brief statement of research interests.
“Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Stanford also welcomes applications from others who would bring additional dimensions to the University's research mission”.
Digital Mar Comm Specialist, The California State University, United States, 6 days ago
Description: *This is a temporary - 6 months, part-time, non – benefited position.* The Digital MarComm Specialist reports to the Interim Director of Special Projects. In collaboration with the St...
Academic Advisor Iii, Lucas College Of Business, The California State University, United States, 7 days ago
Campus: San Jose Job ID: 25405 Job Title: Appointment Type: Probationary Time Base: Full-Time Date Posted: May 18, 2020 Closing Date: Open until filled Benefits Link: Academic Support (Unit 4) Lin...
Police Officer Cadet, The California State University, United States, 21 days ago
Description: *This appointment is not expected to exceed seven months, or beyond the duration of the basic academy training, including the attainment of P.O.S.T. Certification and after being swor...
Police Officer, The California State University, United States, 17 days ago
Campus: San Jose Job ID: 25400 Job Title: Appointment Type: Probationary Time Base: Full-Time Date Posted: May 7, 2020 Closing Date: Open until filled Benefits Link: Public Safety (Unit 8) Link to...