|Working Title:||Advancement Associate|
|Role Title:||Administrative & Office Specialist III|
|About Virginia Tech:||
Virginia Tech is a public land-grant university, committed to teaching and learning, research, and outreach to the Commonwealth of Virginia, the nation, and the world. Building on its motto of Ut Prosim (that I may serve), Virginia Tech is dedicated to InclusiveVT—serving in the spirit of community, diversity, and excellence. We seek candidates who adopt and practice the Principles of Community, which are fundamental to our on-going efforts to increase access and inclusion, and to create a community that nurtures learning and growth for all of its members. Virginia Tech actively seeks a broad spectrum of candidates to join our community in preparing leaders for the world.
The Advancement Associate provides complex administrative, technological, and programmatic support for the Chief Advancement Officer (CAO) in the Division of Student Affairs including coordinating and scheduling meetings, managing the CAO’s calendar, assisting in preparation of correspondence, creating and analyzing reports and presentations, updating databases, and facilitating effective interactions with internal and external stakeholders. The CAO will rely on the Advancement Associate to set up effective processes that enable the CAO to focus on strategic advancement objectives of the division. This person must be able to work under pressure at times and handle a wide variety of activities while maintaining strict confidentiality. This position reports directly to the Chief Advancement Officer and works closely with parents/families of Virginia Tech students, student-leader alumni, and is a member of the Student Affairs Advancement team. The ideal candidate must have a professional presence, be organized, flexible, and self-directed with an ability to anticipate needs and proactively solve problems. Responsibilities include:
• Managing office logistics including unlocking/locking office during regular business hours, serving as first point of contact for the Advancement office in Student Affairs, answering phones, purchasing supplies, scheduling internal and external meetings, managing calendars, making travel arrangements, and processing and tracking reimbursements.
• Corresponding with donors, volunteers, and others, including responding to donor requests regarding payment options, composing and proofing all written materials for accuracy, professional appearance, and compliance with university and division guidelines, using mail-merge to prepare and coordinate emails and mailings including gift acknowledgement letters from the VP and CAO of Student Affairs, creating/entering contact reports, and maintaining updates to the Advancement team’s annual Work Plan.
• Using central university databases such as Blackbaud/AIMS and Excel to generate reports and spreadsheets about constituent activity, analyzing constituent data, conducting research as requested, and updating and tracking key constituent and gift information in AIMS.
• Assisting with the coding of student-leader alumni activities in the university database and handling stewardship activities related to gifts to Registered Student Organizations.
• Assisting with coordination of Board meetings and other Advancement related events including post-event follow ups and recording attendance, special projects, and other duties as assigned.
• Experience with professional-level administrative support
Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent combination of education and/or experience
|Employment Conditions:||Must have an acceptable and safe driving record, Must have a driver's license check, Alternate work schedule - If other than M-F, 8-5 please describe below|
|Must have a conviction check:||Yes|
Work schedule may vary including occasional need for flexibility on nights and weekends.
|How to Apply for this Job:||
For a complete listing of position qualifications, and to apply, please visit www.jobs.vt.edu.
|Employee Category:||Staff (Salary)|
|If restricted or temporary, enter end date:|
|FLSA Status:||Non-exempt: Eligible for overtime|
|Academic Year or Calendar Year:||Calendar Year|
|If part time, enter Percent Time:|
|Pay Range:||$33,00-$38,000 Commensurate with experience.|
|Department:||Family and Alumni Programs|
|Location, if not Blacksburg:|
|Location Zip Code:||24061|
|Work Schedule:||M-F, 8-5 with nights and weekends as needed|
|Review Begin Date:||01/07/2019|
|Job Close Date:|
|Restricted to university employees only?||No|
|Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement:||
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
|Reasonable Accommodation Statement:||
If you are an individual with a disability and desire accommodation please contact the hiring department.