Admissions Representative I’s are responsible to secure enrollments by speaking to potential students who are interested in continuing their education. This is a high contact, phone based, consultative position. This can potentially be a REMOTE position.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Make outbound and take inbound calls from individuals interested in enrolling at Grantham University
• Retain product knowledge and GU systems
• Meet all measures of compliance standards
• Determine admissibility and residency for all new and returning students
• Provide input and recommendations in determining admissibility of “special considerations” cases
• Provide information to students and families about educational opportunities, admission, transfer of credit, financial assistance, and university policies and requirements.
• Maintain communication via telephone, correspondence, and/or electronic mail with prospective students through all stages of the recruitment and admission process
• Meet and exceed pre-established enrollment objectives
• Utilize relationship development and communication skills to build and manage a strong sales pipeline of prospective students
• Provide information to individuals on educational alternatives based on their personal and professional interests.
• Capture relevant learner information on a variety of software systems and applications.
• Establish a proven-level of understanding of how to represent and explain degree programs
• Consistently use provided script into conversations with prospective students
• Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION/ WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS AND DESIRED SKILLS:
• High school diploma or GED required, Associates or Bachelor degree preferred
• Able to work flexible work schedule to include evenings and weekends, and changes in shift based upon business needs after training is complete, required
• Successful completion of all training phases
• Customer service and/or sales experience preferred
• Able to interpret, adapt and apply guidelines and procedures
• Able to handle objections effectively and with tact required
• Knowledge of different programs/services available to university students preferred
• Knowledge of student recruitment and retention issues preferred
• Able to work effectively with diverse populations required
• Knowledge of customer service standards and procedures preferred
• Display success in a performance-driven sales environment which utilizes metrics and measurements preferred
• Desire to work in a progressive but competitive environment required
• Advanced understanding of consultative selling, uncovering buying decisions and understanding customer needs preferred
• Able to learn and leverage a variety of software applications required
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel and Word, and Internet preferred
• Able to proactively approach management to seek additional training opportunities (i.e. training and development)
• Able to effectively communicate orally (in person and by telephone) and in writing required
• Able to multi-task, yet maintain close attention to detail and timeliness of work production, required
• Able to work in a positive team-oriented manner with a variety of people (i.e. students, faculty, staff, administrators)
• Language Skills: Able to read, analyze, and interpret journals and documents. Able to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Able to effectively present information to staff and/or students in writing and verbally. Able to speak coherently into the telephone with potential students and staff. Able to present information using professional and grammatical correct language is required.
• Mathematical Skill: Able to apply concepts such as basic math skills, fractions, and percentages is preferred
• Reasoning Ability: Able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Able to present facts to management for response. Able to deal with a variety of information presented in oral or written formats.
• Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
o Extensively required to use hand to finger, handle, or feel (including the use of computer keyboards) and talk or hear (including the use of a telephone, computer, and headsets)
o Occasionally required to walk, stand
o This position involves sitting at a desk for extended periods of time
o Able to work flexible work schedule to include evenings and weekends upon completion of training
o Specific vision abilities include: close vision and distance vision
Grantham will seek to reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability. Such reasonable accommodation may take the form of making existing facilities readily accessible to or usable by individuals with a disability, restructuring jobs, modifying schedules, acquiring or modifying equipment, adjusting training materials, adjusting employment policies, and the like.
• Integrity – operates within the highest ethical standards and integrity in all aspects of the position
• Motivated/Results Oriented – fantastic record of personal drive and the determination to succeed
• Mission Oriented - passionate about helping others; ownership spirit with a competitive disciplined execution for results
• Listening Skills – must be an active listener to insure student needs are fully understood and met
• Influence – skilled at directing and motivating others towards personal, academic and professional success
Administrative Assistant I, Kansas City University, United States, about 11 hours ago
Job Type: Staff Job Description: Provides day-to-day administrative support to the department; assists in maintaining records and systems; facilitates the exchange of information and effectively p...
Clinical Psychologist Adult Outpatient, University of Kansas Medical Center, United States, 3 days ago
Department: SOM KC Psychiatry & Behavior Sciences ----- Psychiatry & Behavioral Sciences Position Title: Clinical Psychologist Adult Outpatient Job Family Group: Academic Job Description Summary: ...
Rn Score 1 For Health, Kansas City University, United States, about 11 hours ago
Job Type: Staff Job Description: Coordinates and maintains patient flow through the pediatric screening process; supervises and oversees health screenings conducted by medical and allied health st...
Simulated Patient, Kansas City University, United States, about 11 hours ago
Job Type: Staff Job Description: Summary: In a clinical setting, independently, consistently and accurately portrays specific emotions, behaviors and disease symptoms while interacting with studen...
Recruitment Coordinator, University of Kansas Medical Center, United States, about 4 hours ago
Department: Rural Health Education & Services - Administration ----- Recruitment and Retention Position Title: Recruitment Coordinator Job Family Group: Professional Staff Job Description Summary:...
Enrollment And Academic Records Coordinator, Kansas City University, United States, about 11 hours ago
Job Type: Staff Job Description: The Enrollment and Academic Records Coordinator performs complex work in administering processes and providing services related to student academic records, regist...