Texas A&M University is committed to enriching the learning and working environment for all visitors, students, faculty, and staff by promoting a culture that embraces inclusion, diversity, equity, and accountability. Diverse perspectives, talents, and identities are vital to accomplishing our mission and living our core values .
Who we are
Texas A&M University’s Mays Business School is a vibrant learning organization of more than 175 faculty members, 125 staff members, and 6,400 undergraduate and graduate students in accounting, finance, management, management information systems, marketing and supply chain management. Mays Business School’s vision is to advance the world’s prosperity. To advance the world’s prosperity means providing a better future for generations who follow, including quality of life, environment and economic systems. To fulfill this vision, our mission is to be a vibrant learning organization that creates impactful knowledge and develops transformational leaders.
What we want
The Administrative Associate III, is responsible for providing complex administrative support work to the Center for Executive Development. This position is responsible for providing excellent customer service to guests, faculty and staff. Responsibilities include managing all aspects of inventory and equipment maintenance. The selected candidate will subscribe to and support our commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accountability as stated above. If this job description sounds interesting to you, we invite you to apply to be considered for this opportunity.
What you need to know
Salary: Compensation will be commensurate to selected hire’s experience.
Cover Letter/Resume’: A cover letter and resume’ are strongly recommended. You may upload these documents on the application under CV/Resume.
COVID-19 information: Texas A&M University monitors local, state and federally mandated health guidelines to keep students, employees, prospective employees, and visitors as safe as possible. For the latest information regarding Texas A&M’s COVID-19 response, please visit the University’s COVID-19 website . For COVID-19 employment-related information, please visit the Division of Human Resources and Organizational Effectiveness’ COVID-19 website .
Required Education and Experience:
- High school graduation or any equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Three years of experience in general office or clerical work.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet applications.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal, planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to work with sensitive information and maintain confidentiality. Ability to work in fast-paced environment.
- Ability to multi-task and work cooperatively with others.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree.
- General office and/or Texas A&M experience.
- Customer Service experience.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to use Microsoft Office Suite, AggieBuy, Concur.
- Office Management - Greets visitors, answers and screens calls, provides general information and referrals, and schedules appointments. Coordinates reservations of CED space for outside participants. Makes arrangements for meetings, appointments, conferences, and travel. May set up meetings, seminars, and other special events to include facilities, equipment, and food. Performs reading, routing, and tracking of mail sent and received; assures confidentiality of mail, correspondence, and reports. Provides excellent customer service to guests, participants, faculty, and vendors. Applies, interprets, and communicates policies and office procedures to streamline flow of operations. Initiates maintenance/repairs with the department, managing electronic keypad entry system. Coordinates with Building Proctor for participants to have building access outside of normal business hours. Initiates all repair work orders for CED offices. Provides technical information regarding daily operations of administrative office support functions.
- Inventory Management - Maintains and tracks office supply inventory. Trains and coordinates with student assistants to ensure program pull-tickets are completed and inventory is adjusted accordingly. Assists in creating reports or trends in CED usage of consumables for office as well as all CED programs. Purchases all supplies, promotional items, and special-order items from multiple vendors. Assists in ensuring all purchase documentation is provided to Business Administrator accurately and within time constraints. Assists in ensuring all purchases are made in compliance with TAMU rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Administrative Support - While under general supervision, uses initiative and judgment to process routine administrative matters and work independently. Develops documents using word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software. Reviews action items and assignments made by the administrators. May deliver or pick up documents, supplies, equipment, or materials. Provides assistance to Executive Assistant II, as needed.Performs other duties as assigned.
Instructions to Applicants: Applications received by Texas A&M University must either have all job application data entered or a resume attached. Failure to provide all job application data or a complete resume could result in an invalid submission and a rejected application. We encourage all applicants to upload a resume or use a LinkedIn profile to pre-populate the online application.
Assistant Chief Financial Officer, Texas A&m Engineering, United States, 22 days ago
Job Title Assistant Chief Financial Officer Agency Texas A&M Engineering Department Asst. Vice Chancellor/Cfo Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Staf...
Aces Assistant Professor , Texas A&M University Department of Oceanography, United States, 29 days ago
Texas A&M University’s Accountability, Climate, Equity, and Scholarship (ACES) Faculty Fellows Program is a faculty hiring program that connects early career faculty advancing outstanding scholars...
Business Associate Iii Business Office, TAMHSC, United States, 16 days ago
Job Title Business Associate III - Business Office Agency Texas A&M University Department Finance-Vet Hospital Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Sta...
Licensed Vocational Nurse I, TAMHSC, United States, about 5 hours ago
Job Title Licensed Vocational Nurse I Agency Texas A&M University Health Science Center Department Student Health Services Proposed Minimum Salary $20.00 hourly Job Location College Station, Texas...
Professional Counselor Iii, TAMHSC, United States, 4 days ago
Job Title Professional Counselor III Agency Texas A&M University Health Science Center Department Counseling & Psychological Services Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location Bryan, Texas...
Radiology Technician, TAMHSC, United States, 10 days ago
Job Title Radiology Technician Agency Texas A&M University Health Science Center Department Primary Care & Population Health Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location Bryan, Texas Job Type...