ADJUNCT INSTRUCTOR – ENVIRONMENTAL TECHNOLOGY
WILBUR WRIGHT COLLEGE
Wilbur Wright College, one of the City Colleges of Chicago, seeks part-time faculty to teach environmental technology courses. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated success in the classroom by developing and using effective teaching strategies that meet students’ diverse needs and engage students in critical thinking and problem-solving.
- Designs courses to meet learning outcomes and promotes students’ active participation in their own learning.
- Creates an effective learning environment that fosters students’ intellectual curiosity and helps students to problem solve using discipline-specific thinking strategies.
- Employs a variety of formative and summative assessments to ensure that classroom instruction leads to student learning and the attainment of student learning outcomes for the course.
- Helps students reach their academic, personal, and career goals and fosters a safe environment that respects the diversity of individuals and ideas by modeling respect for all students and conveying confidence in every student’s ability to learn.
- Contributes to and provides leadership in academic and professional communities and promotes collaboration and teamwork among members of these communities.
- Bachelor's Degree and national or industry recognized certification in the field required.
- Master's Degree in Environmental Technology or related discipline or experience in Environmental Technology class subject area preferred.
- Demonstrated teaching competence in environmental technology courses.
- Prior experience working with high school students preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and demonstrated ability to communicate with a diverse group of students and staff required.
- Experience with a diverse, multi-lingual student population desired, as is a commitment to the open access mission of the community college.
All interested candidates, including current CCC employees, must submit the following documents for review:
- Letter of interest
- Resume or curriculum vitae
- Statement of teaching philosophy
- Legible copy of your college transcripts (unofficial transcripts initially accepted; official transcripts must be provided at time of interview)
- Two letters of recommendation
If size limits prohibit you from attaching your documents, please email required attachments to WR_HR@ccc.edu .
Seeking candidate(s) to teach face-to-face course(s) for Fall 2021 semester. Adherence to CDC guidelines and masks required.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thank you for your interest in CCC!
Learning Technology Specialist, The University of Chicago, United States, 2 days ago
Department ARD Information Engagement About the Department Alumni Relations & Development (ARD) engages alumni (~190k), current students, parents and friends of the University through intellectual...
Instructional Technologist, The University of Chicago, United States, 12 days ago
Department Booth IT: Client Services About the Department The University of Chicago Booth School of Business is the second-oldest business school in the U.S. and second to none when it comes to in...
Instructional Designer, The University of Chicago, United States, 21 days ago
Department BSD PSM - Curriculum - IT About the Department The Pritzker School of Medicine is one of few medical schools to be located physically on its University campus, offering both intellectua...
Admissions Manager, The University of Chicago, United States, 14 days ago
Department Booth EMBA: Marketing and Admissions 2 About the Department The University of Chicago Booth School of Business is the second-oldest business school in the U.S. and second to none when i...
Data Analyst, The University of Chicago, United States, 2 days ago
Department Booth Admissions, MBA Programs: Operations About the Department The University of Chicago Booth School of Business is the second-oldest business school in the U.S. and second to none wh...
Technology Trainer, Loyola University, United States, 6 days ago
Posting Details Position Title Technology Trainer Job Category Administrator Office/Department Enterprise Applications Location Evergreen Main Campus Staff Job Type Full-time If Temporary or Visit...