Langley Porter Psychiatric Hospital and Clinics
Involves providing non-clinical support, guidance and assistance for patients and families as they navigate through complex healthcare environments. Primary goals are to increase patient satisfaction, and to optimize care and outcomes. Acts as a communication liaison to understand the patient's non-clinical individual needs, desires, and concerns. Guides the patient and family to a broad range of services, amenities, and information to promote healing and ensure satisfaction with the patient care experience.
UCSF Langley Porter Psychiatric Hospital and Clinics (LPPHC) consists of an adult inpatient unit, an adult partial hospitalization program, an adult intensive outpatient program, and adult/child outpatient services accounting for nearly 48,000 visits per year.
• Bachelor's degree in social work, counseling, psychology, or related area and / or equivalent experience / training.
• A minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience
• Strong general clinical knowledge in a variety of modalities, or significant expertise in a specialty area. Ability to assess patient needs and make appropriate referrals for ancillary support services and programs.
• Advanced skills in assessing patient's grievances and locating appropriate resources to get issues resolved. Skills to intervene and assist with patient's questions or concerns about treatment plan.
• Excellent customer service skills, working with a high volume and high expectations customer base. Ability to support patients with a wide variety of clinical and non-clinical needs.
• Ability to work in a complex, multi-divisional environment with the skills to establish priorities, set objectives and achieve stated goals. Ability to utilize project management tools. Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Experience with an EMR
• Proficiency with Windows-based software including Microsoft word, Excel, PPT, Outlook. Knowledge of computer systems and software used in functional area. Typing skills with minimum 45WPM
• Experience working with populations of diverse ethnicity, gender identity, and sexual orientation
• Excellent documentation and clear and concise communication skills to discuss matters with patient about complex, sensitive clinical issues.
• Ability to prioritize; work independently, excellent follow-up, work well under pressure and deadlines
• Demonstrated excellent attendance and reliability and outstanding punctuality and professionalism
• Demonstrated ability to assess suicide and violence risk
• Demonstrated ability to work harmoniously with colleagues as a member of the treatment team
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Licensed in the State of California (LCSW, LMFT)
• Experience working with people with severe and chronic mentally illnesses, including disorders related to mood, anxiety, psychosis, and personality
• Recent patient care experience in outpatient, or partial hospitalization/intensive outpatient program settings
• Demonstrated knowledge of mental health system in SF bay area, and demonstrated ability to navigate mental health system to organize services for patients and family members
• Experience working with people with severe mental illness, homelessness, co-occurring substance use disorders, and medical comorbidities
• Proficiency in second language, Spanish, Cantonese, Mandarin
• Active Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI) training within six months of hire
At UCSF Health, our mission of innovative patient care, advanced technology and pioneering research is redefining what’s possible for the patients we serve – a promise we share with the professionals who make up our team.
Consistently ranked among the top 10 hospitals nationwide by U.S. News & World Report – UCSF Health is committed to providing the most rewarding work experience while delivering the best care available anywhere. In an environment that allows for continuous learning and opportunities for professional growth, UCSF Health offers the ideal atmosphere in which to best use your skills and talents.
UCSF is a diverse community made of people with many skills and talents. We seek candidates whose work experience or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to professionalism, respect, integrity, diversity and excellence – also known as our PRIDE values.
In addition to our PRIDE values, UCSF is committed to equity – both in how we deliver care as well as our workforce. We are committed to building a broadly diverse community, nurturing a culture that is welcoming and supportive, and engaging diverse ideas for the provision of culturally competent education, discovery, and patient care. Additional information about UCSF is available at diversity.ucsf.edu
Join us to find a rewarding career contributing to improving healthcare worldwide.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Job Code and Payroll Title
004198 PAT NAVGTR NON-CLIN 3
Parnassus Heights (SF)
Academic Office Coordinator (Administrative Analyst/Specialist, Non Exempt) Physical Therapy, The California State University, United States, 9 days ago
Campus: San Francisco Job ID: 501528 Job Title: Appointment Type: Probationary Time Base: Full-Time Date Posted: July 19, 2021 Closing Date: July 18, 2022 Benefits Link: CSUEU (Unit 2, 5, 7, 9) Li...
Ay21 22 Term Faculty, University of San Francisco, United States, about 24 hours ago
Job Title: AY21-22 Term Faculty Job Summary: The School of Nursing and Health Professions at the University of San Francisco invites nominations and applications for a full-time faculty position a...
Clinical Faculty Endodontics (Evergreen Position), University of the Pacific, United States, about 7 hours ago
Posting Details Title Clinical Faculty - Endodontics (Evergreen position) Campus San Francisco Department Department of Endodontics Posting Number F00441 Full or Part Time Part Time Open Date 07/1...
Admission Counselor, University of San Francisco, United States, about 23 hours ago
Job Title: Admission Counselor Job Summary: The Admission Counselor position is an entry-level professional position in the Undergraduate Admission Office reporting to the Associate Director of Ad...
Assistant Professor Radiologist/Craniofacial Orthodontist, University of the Pacific, United States, about 7 hours ago
Posting Details Title Assistant Professor - Radiologist/Craniofacial Orthodontist Campus San Francisco Department Department of Diagnostic Sciences Posting Number F00440 Full or Part Time Full Tim...
Lead Coach (Administrative Analyst/Specialist Exempt Ii) Office Of Research & Sponsored Programs/Marian Wright Edelman Instit, The California State University, United States, 23 days ago
Campus: San Francisco Job ID: 501616 Job Title: Appointment Type: Temporary Time Base: Full-Time Date Posted: July 2, 2021 Closing Date: July 1, 2022 Benefits Link: CSUEU (Unit 2, 5, 7, 9) Link to...