Department: Faculty of Economics and Administration
Deadline: 22 May 2022
Start date: July, 1st 2022 or later
Job type: full-time
Job field: Economics and finance | Science and research | Healthcare and social care
The Dean of the Faculty of Economics and Administration, Masaryk University, invites applications for the following position: Senior researcher / research group leader in the field of health economics
Masaryk University, Faculty of Economics and Administration, is looking for a highly motivated and productive senior research in the field of health economics.
Excellent background in the area of public economics with stress put on the health economics area, as well as a desire to apply economic research to policy questions in the above-mentioned field is expected. The candidate should be an independent researcher with a promising research agenda.
The senior researcher’s primary responsibility is to conduct research in the health economics area using relevant up to date methods. On this position the potential to lead a research group composed from post-docs and PhD students is expected. The newly established research group could cooperate with excellent research centres on the Masaryk University including Faculty of Medicine, Faculty of Science or the Central European Institute of Technology (CEITEC). Part of the occupation is to teach in the pregradual and postgradual courses.
We are looking for:
- a full-time Senior researcher in the area of the health economics with relevant praxis of minimum 10 years (category R3 or R4),
- research interest in health economics area,
- excellent background in the relevant methodology,
- previous research should demonstrate the publication potential in leading scientific journals,
- experience in managing research and scientific projects within research group,
- potential to either lead the Horizon Europe and ERCs’ proposals,
- active participation in international research conferences, presentation of research results at such conferences and other professional encounters abroad.
What do we offer?
- Earliest starting date of the contract is the July 1st, 2022, a later starting date can be negotiated
- The contract is full-time (40 hrs/week) and, based on experience and seniority, the salary goes up to 4,000 EUR/month in gross wage (average wage in Czech Republic is around 1500 EUR, median wage is 1300 EUR)
- First part of the contract is fixed-term position that ends on 06/2024 with evaluation at the end of this period and extension to the end of 2027
- Possibility of subsidized university housing and relocation support
- Friendly and international working environment
- Opportunities for professional growth (e.g., university seminar series, internships, exchanges, participation in research projects)
- Flexible working hours and occasional home office to support personal needs in family and career
- Employee benefits (8 weeks of paid vacation per year, contribution to meals, contribution to pension savings, language courses, university cinema, exclusive mobile tariff, sport activities, vaccination)
- Opportunity to work and live in a modern and dynamic university city
About the workplace
Masaryk University is an academically diverse and research-intensive university with a strong commitment to high-quality research and education. The university offers an inspiring research and teaching environment to its 35,000 students and 5,500 employees.
MUNI is located in the university city of Brno, Czech Republic. Based on the most recent OECD Better Life Index data, Czech Republic ranks next to the US and the UK. Proximity to nature and other historical cities (e.g. Prague, Vienna, Budapest), variety of cultural and entertainment attractions, and top personal safety, make Brno one of the top 100 university cities in the world according to students. More details could be found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kal6NSc_Nc
Faculty members conduct quality research with peers from other Czech, European, and American universities. Members of the faculty have published in journals such as Journal of Public Economics, Journal of Urban Economics, Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization, Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Scientific Reports. The administrative staff is experienced in helping researchers with both national and international grant applications.
Application and selection procedure
The application shall be submitted online by the May 22nd, 2022 (11:59 p.m., CET) via an e-application (Please, use the link in the e-Application section below). Interviews for the position will be held online or in-person at Masaryk University.
The candidate shall provide following:
- Cover letter with a description of your research agenda in the described area,
- A full professional Curriculum Vitae including the complete bibliography of published works (or relevant link where the information could be found),
- Example of the health economics paper and up to two other research papers,
- Up to three recommendation letters.
After submitting your application successfully, you will receive an automatic confirmation e-mail from jobs.muni.cz.
For further information about the position and the department, please contact Director for Strategy, e-mail: David.Poc@econ.muni.cz .
If you need help uploading your application or have any questions about the recruitment process, please contact the head of HR department Eva Karkošková, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org .
All interested candidates are encouraged to apply regardless of personal background. The selection process is based on an Open Transparent Merit-based Recruitment Policy. Masaryk University does not discriminate in educational or employment opportunities or decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or sexual orientation. The faculty holds the HR Excellence Award.
Workplace: Faculty of Economics and Administration, Masaryk University, Brno, Czechia
Type of Contract: Fixed-term position that ends on December 31st, 2027 with renegotiation and evaluation taking place at the end of June, 2024.
EU Researcher Profile: R3-R4
Working Hours: 1 FTE (full-time employment of 40 hours per week)
Expected Start Date: July, 1st 2022 or later
Number of Open Positions: 1
Application Deadline: 22nd May
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Prof. Mgr. Jiří Špalek, Ph.D.
Associate Professor / Professor For The Department Of Chemical Drugs, Masaryk University - Faculty of Pharmacy, Czech, 18 days ago
The Dean of the Faculty of Pharmacy of Masaryk University announces a selection procedure for a job position Associate Professor / Professor for the Department of Chemical Drugs In the field of re...
Academic Staff Member – Assistant For The Department Of Regional And Business Economics, Mendel university in Brno, Czech, 21 days ago
Mendel University in Brno announces a selection procedure for the position of: Academic staff member – Assistant for the Department of Regional and Business Economics Research field: Agrobusiness ...
Assistant For The Department Of Law And Humanity Sciences, Mendel University in Brno, Czech, 21 days ago
Mendel University in Brno announces a selection procedure for the position of: Assistant for the Department of Law and Humanity Sciences Research field: social sciences and population studies The ...
Assistant Professor Of The Department Of Biochemistry, Masaryk University – Faculty of Medicine, Czech, 24 days ago
The Dean of the Faculty of Medicine of Masaryk University appoints a selection procedure for the position of Assistant Professor of the Department of Biochemistry full-time or part-time The Depart...
Junior Research Group Leader, Institute of Physiology CAS, Czech, 24 days ago
Institute of Physiology of the Czech Academy of Sciences (Prague, Czech Republic) announces a call for a Junior Research Group Leader proposal in the area of cardiovascular physiology and pathophy...
Head Of Department Of Ion Acceleration And Applications, Fyzikální ústav AV ČR, Czech, 2 days ago
The ELI Beamlines Facility is a leading laser research centre and part of ELI (Extreme Light Infrastructure) pan-European Research Infrastructure hosting the world’s most intense lasers. ELI provi...