As a result of the University of Central Lancashire (UCLan) securing ERDF funding to deliver business support to SMEs based in Lancashire through the Lancashire Health Matters project and in collaboration with the NHS Innovation Agency, (UCLan) is seeking to appoint a highly ambitious Research Assistant to design and oversee a programme of technology assessments (Real World Validations) on digital, software and app based products/services that offer the prospect of improving health and healthcare outcomes and/ or lower overall cost to the NHS.
The successful candidate will have practical experience within a research environment, knowledge of qualitative research methods and knowledge of health technology assessment methods.
The appointee will support Lancashire Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) that have an innovative health/medical product or service to win contracts to supply their product/service into the NHS. Experience of working with people at all levels and having discipline and regard for confidentiality and security at all times is essential.
The appointee will be required to work closely with our delivery partner, the NHS Innovation Agency to create wealth through testing and validation and adoption by the NHS of new digital health, software and app based products/services.
Principal activities include:
- To provide the design, evaluation metrics, data collection and reporting methods for the Real World Validation of new and existing products.
- To undertake technology assessments (RWVs) on 3rd party supplied digital health/medical products /services to evaluate the patient, clinical, technological, usability and/or economic value
- Assessment of the data and measures collected
- Devising end-user survey procedures and materials
- Produce summary reports and develop further research proposals refining the RWV process
- Collect feedback from business, clinical, academic researchers and end-users on the RWV process and individual projects.
The successful candidate will hold a higher degree and good first degree in health innovation management, health technology assessment, health economics or a closely related discipline or equivalent research, industrial or commercial experience.
Applicants need to meet all essential criteria on the person specification to be considered for interview.
Please apply online via www.uclan.ac.uk/jobs or by contacting Human Resources on 01772 892324 and quoting the reference number. CVs will not be considered unless accompanied by a completed application form.
School or Service: Innovation & Enterprise
Hours: Full Time (36.25 hours per week - 1.0 FTE)
Basis: Fixed Term Contract until 30/09/2022
Interview Date: To be confirmed
Job Description / Person Specification
Helpful Hints For Applicants