Organization Name Anatomy and Cellular Biology, College of Medicine and Health Sciences
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology combines The Masdar Institute of Science and Technology, Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research and The Petroleum Institute into one world-class,research-intensive institution, seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering. Khalifa University of Science and Technology endeavors to be a leader among research intensive universities of the 21st century, while catalyzing the growth of Abu Dhabi and the UAE’s rapidly developing knowledge economy.
Senior Lab Instructor is responsible for overseeing assigned lab activities. Work with colleagues to monitor and evaluate student progress and make appropriate recommendations for change in syllabus and/or teaching curriculum. Provide support, training, tutoring, and instruction to department students through one-on-one interaction, classroom presentations, and modeling application of course objectives.
- Develops a laboratory-based research experiments for the Department of Anatomy and Cellular Biology
- Prepare class demonstrations and experiments working from knowledge of the subject area, reference materials, course outline
- Demonstrates and provides instruction to students in proper use and care of laboratory materials and equipment; assists in maintaining security of laboratories, laboratory equipment, supplies, and materials
- Monitors / contributes in undergraduate Senior Design projects, includes supervising Undergraduate laboratory experiments.
- Conducts the inventory of lab equipment and preparing procurement orders / requests for laboratory sensors / electronics / disposables in coordination with laboratory Engineer / University laboratory manager. Taking into consideration strict safety procedures and checks.
- Participates in scientific research as a professional responsible member of the research team, includes participation in problem exploration, definition, planning of the approach and sequence of steps, execution of experiments or studies, interpretation of findings, documentation and reporting of results and progress, maintenance of research records and compliance to all established policies and procedures.
- Meets regularly with the Advisor to update the laboratory experiments schedule related to the development and troubleshooting of techniques as well as provision of direction and focus to the research
- Supervise students’ research and practical work and of their theses preparation, as well as participate in evaluation of their theses.
- Adhere to the University's information security and confidentiality policies and procedures, and report breaches or other security risks accordingly.
- Coordinate with other departments to facilitate the accomplishment of tasks and responsibilities, as and when needed.
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Line Manager.
A minimum of a baccalaureate degree (although a master’s degree is preferable) from an accredited institution in the appropriate subject area
Five years of experience in education, research, healthcare, and/or community service..
How To Apply
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (RecruitmentTeam@ku.ac.ae ).
Associate Professor In Petroleum Engineering – Digital And Automated Drilling, University of Stavanger, Norway, 21 days ago
About the position The University of Stavanger is looking for an Associate Professor in Petroleum Engineering – Digital and Automated Drilling. The subject area for the position is Mathematical Mo...
Optimisation Of Dietary Intervention For Finfish And Poultry Based On The Inclusion Of Insect Meal..., Università degli Studi di Firenze - DAGRI Dipartimento di Scienze e Tecnologie Agrarie, Alimentari, Ambientali e Forestali., Italy, 3 days ago
Meal from insects raised on agricultural substrates (cereals, vegetables) in a farm located in Garfagnana (Lucca) will be chemically characterised (crude protein and fat, moisture, ash) to formula...
2 Assistant Professors Mental Health And Technology M/V, University of Twente (UT), Netherlands, 24 days ago
The group Psychology, Health and Technology (PHT) at the Faculty of Behavioural, Management and Social Sciences is involved in research and education with regard to the use of technologies to supp...
Resercher In Food And Bioprocess Engineering (Pa2020/3955), University of Lund, Sweden, about 9 hours ago
Lund University was founded in 1666 and is repeatedly ranked among the world’s top 100 universities. The University has 40 000 students and more than 8 000 staff based in Lund, Helsingborg and Mal...
Bando Recl. Di N.1 Posto Di Ricercatore A Tempo Determinato, Durata Di 36 Mesi, Regime Di Impegno A..., POLITECNICO DI BARI, Italy, 11 days ago
The teaching activity concerns the teaching of Bachelor, Master of Science and PhD courses belonging to the academic discipline of Fluid Machinery (ING-IND/08) and the related discipline of Energy...
Assistant Professor Adcs With Educational Focus , Delft University of Technology, Netherlands, about 13 hours ago
The section of Space Systems Engineering (SSE) at the faculty of Aerospace Engineering provides unique and recognized education, research, and engineering of end-to-end space systems. At SSE we ar...