The Mechanobiology Institute is seeking to recruit a Research Assistant with enthusiasm for cellular imaging and interdisciplinary research and will be working with Dr. Tee Yee Han. Successful candidate will participate in projects that aim to understand the mechanism behind left-right patterning in cells and tissue, which is essential for understanding tissue homeostasis and has potential application in drug screening platform.
Duties and responsibilities
- Cell culture assays: transfections, knockdown, immunofluorescence staining
- Microfabrication, microcontact printing, stenciling
- Microscopy: confocal, live-cell imaging and super-resolution microscopy
- Assist in laboratory administrative tasks including procurement, reporting and laboratory safety
Additional Desirable Qualifications
- Experience with deep-learning based image analysis and programming languages such as Python and MATLAB.
- Experience with RNAseq analysis
- Highly motivated and willing to learn
- A Bachelor’s degree in life sciences, bioinformatics, computational biology or related disciplines
- Fresh graduates are welcome; especially candidates with intention to pursue graduate studies in future
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Mechanobiology Institute
Ph D / Post Doc In Biophysics , Technical University of Munich, Germany, about 4 hours ago
03.05.2021, Wissenschaftliches Personal Living cells rely on the ability of the cytoskeleton to continuously form and destroy diverse structures, which is strongly coupled to the adhesion processe...
Postdoc Wnt Producing Niche Like Cells, University Medical Center Utrecht (UMC Utrecht), Netherlands, about 10 hours ago
The Maurice group, based at the Center for Molecular Medicine at the University Medical Center Utrecht, and member of the national Oncode Institute, The Netherlands, has an open position for a pos...
Postdoctoral Researcher, Modeling Gene Disruptions In Human Neurons, Max Planck Institute for Psycholinguistics, Netherlands, about 17 hours ago
A 3-year postdoctoral position on Modeling Gene Disruptions in Human Neurons is available within the Language & Genetics Department at the Max Planck Institute, Nijmegen, the Netherlands. The depa...
Research N3 Biology Degree (Ref. Iis15 21), Fundación IIS Aragón, Spain, 17 days ago
Criteria to be evaluated: a) Training and knowledge applicable to the position offered ▫ Training in Microscopy and Imaging ▫ Theoretical knowledge about microfluidic cell culture devices and micr...
Postdoctoral Fellow, EMBL, Worldwide, about 21 hours ago
The Petsalaki Group uses data-driven and network-based approaches to understand the principles underpinning context-specific cell signalling. We are an interdisciplinary team using computational ...
Research Specialisty Hrly (Job Id #145055), University of Illinois, United States, 4 days ago
Specific Research Tasks: - Recruit subjects for a mouthwash oral would healing study - Assist a dentist who will place oral wounds, and assist in the collection of samples - Perform laboratory exp...