- Full-time/fixed-term contract until 2024 with the possibility of extension
- Be a part of a research center focused on clinical and digital health approaches to cardiometabolic and chronic conditions
- Base Salary starting from $109,663 + 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
The Westmead Applied Research Centre (WARC) was established by the University of Sydney in collaboration with the Western Sydney Local Health District. It is known for its research in 'frugal innovation' - an innovation that creates smart, low-cost solutions to big health problems, as well as to specifically address the causes of chronic disease, with a focus on translational research that addresses the specific needs and circumstances of patients in Western Sydney.
Our aim is to create, evaluate and apply innovative clinical and digital health approaches to reduce the burden of cardiometabolic and other chronic conditions. Our core values are innovation, frugality, co-design and value-based care.
Professor of Medicine, cardiologist, and Academic Director of WARC, Clara Chow is a pioneer in clinical practice and research. Clara is passionate about preventing poor outcomes from cardiovascular disease. She is an NHMRC Investigator Grant Leadership awardee.
Over the last 5 years, the Westmead Applied Research Centre has attracted over $130 million in research funding.
Professor Clara Chow is seeking a Research Administration Manager to join Westmead Applied Research Centre. The incumbent will play an active role in research funding applications, research reporting, and communications, research financial management, research commercialisation, liaising with key stakeholders, and managing the research team located in Westmead.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- General management of all operational aspects of the research work being undertaken, including planning, funding, and delivery of research to meet the work area's research objectives
- report on the progress of the research (may include reporting to external funding bodies), source grant funding, and collaborate with academics and research professionals to achieve the goals of the project
- provide overall program management for multiple research projects including establishing project organisation structures, and embedding project governance and controls, project plans, tracking systems, and reporting guidelines
- provide effective financial governance and control by conducting financial audits, identifying trends and issues, making recommendations to Chief Investigators and Faculty Management, preparing and completing finance reports, and action plans, and implementing change
- manage income, cost, and expenditure for research programs/projects, including major equipment purchases, and staff appointments and development, ensuring financial revenue and expenditure meet available research funding.
- Postgraduate qualifications in a relevant field and/or the equivalent combination of training and experience
- demonstrated experience in the supervision, training, mentoring, and performance management of staff; and experience managing and resolving a diverse range of HR issues
- financial management experience and literacy, experience managing budgets and controlling income and expenditure
- extensive experience in developing and working on research projects, including expertise in using research protocols, experimental design, ethics submissions, and grant applications
- proven experience in a research-intensive environment
- excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills with sound negotiating and conflict resolution skills and a demonstrated level of tact and discretion in dealing with day-to-day operational matters.
Sponsorship / work rights forAustralia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident.
Australian Temporary Residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed term contract for the length of their visa, depending on the requirements of the hiring area and the position.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a University community which reflects the wider community that we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People , women , people living with a disability , people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds , and those who identify as LGBTIQ . We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact Rachel Yazigi, Recruitment Operations, by email to Rachel.email@example.com .
This is a great secondment opportunity for eligible internal staff.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Click to view the Position Description for this role.
Sunday 14 August 2022 11:59 PM
Assistant Professor In Gender Justice And Health Technology In Africa, Leiden University, Netherlands, about 19 hours ago
Apply now The institute of Cultural Anthropology and Development Sociology of Leiden University and African Studies Centre Leiden jointly invite applicants for the position of Assistant Professor ...
Ref 5291/22 Manager, International Mobility, Western Sydney International, University of Western Sydney, Australia, about 14 hours ago
Full-time, Ongoing Position Remuneration: $123,297 to $136,873 p.a. Parramatta campus Full-Time, Ongoing position Parramatta campus About Western Sydney University Working at Western Sydney Univer...
Associate Lecturer (Education Focused) In Population Health, University of Sydney, Australia, about 21 hours ago
Part-time Education Focused, 3 year fixed term contract A great opportunity to contribute to Population Health teaching within the School of Public Health Base Salary starting from $79, 784 + 17%...
Assessment Lead (Medicine), University of Sydney, Australia, 13 days ago
An opportunity to lead a team developing and managing assessments in the Sydney Medical School in the Faculty of Medicine and Health Support leading academics in medicine and health to provide hig...
Biostatistician, University of Sydney, Australia, about 7 hours ago
Opportunity to provide statistical support to a research group of the Sydney School of Public Health in the Faculty of Medicine and Health Full time, fixed term until 31st May 2025 Base Salary sta...
Ref 5441/22 Executive / Project Officer, School Of Nursing And Midwifery, University of Western Sydney, Australia, about 14 hours ago
Full-Time, Ongoing position Remuneration: $123,297 to $136,873 p.a. Parramatta South campus Full-Time, Ongoing position Parramatta South campus Commencing January 2023 About Western Sydney Univers...