Regional Startup Advisor & Mentor, 1-Year Contract (Manager)
The SUSS (Singapore University of Social Services) Office of Career Development, Entrepreneurship Team, is seeking a Regional Advisor and Startup Mentor (Entrepreneurship). The successful candidate will be involved the following:
- business advisory for student startups to support them with introductions to potential clients and business partners
- design and drive start up incubation/acceleration and other support programmes
- development of overseas partnerships to expand the universities’ entrepreneurship offerings in ASEAN, China and India, in particular the regional Impact Startup Challenges and regional Venture Builder.
- development and facilitation of entrepreneurship related programmes.
- engagement of corporations, organisations and institutions to strengthen academic-industry relations and to identify partnership opportunities for SUSS entrepreneurship programme.
- Provide teaching and mentoring for entrepreneurial students
We are looking for individuals who are passionate about entrepreneurship; have awareness of current and emerging practices in the startup industry; are committed to help expand entrepreneurship offerings to ASEAN and China; have a keen interest in preparing and supporting young aspiring entrepreneurs and student startups; and are able to build long-term strategic partnerships.
Candidates should be intellectually nimble; have an eye for collaborative possibilities; and the ability to tackle challenging situations with finesse and determination. A willingness to travel is also expected.
- Advise and guide student startups and provide introductions for commercialization.
- Develop regional strategic partnerships.
- Develop and facilitate entrepreneurship related programmes.
- Engage and manage relationships with appropriate stakeholders.
- Assist in the overseas expansion of the universities’ offerings to ASEAN, China and India.
- Assist in mentoring and teaching of entrepreneurial students.
- Undertake secondary appointments or duties in SUSS as required.
- Degree holder with at least 5-10 years of professional experience. Experience in a startup or as entrepreneur will be useful.
- Analytical with strong communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Intellectually inquisitive; with a good awareness of current and global affairs.
- Driven, organized and detail-oriented.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Able to travel as required.
Professor In Finance Or Financial Technology , University of Nottingham Ningbo, China ;, United Kingdom, 20 days ago
Location:Ningbo - ChinaSalary: Not specified Closing Date: Sunday, 27 June 2021Reference: 181665 University of Nottingham Ningbo China is seeking to recruit a high calibre...
Assistant Professor(Lecturer) In Chemistry , University of Nottingham Ningbo, China ;, United Kingdom, 10 days ago
Location:Ningbo - ChinaSalary: ¥411,197 to ¥541,469 £45,500.59 to £59,915.71 converted salary* pe...
Academic Lecturer In Electronic Engineering , Maynooth International Engineering College ;, China, 11 days ago
Maynooth International Engineering College (MIEC), in partnership with Fuzhou University, is seeking excellent candidates to teach in our electronic engineering programmes. These programmes are ta...
Sr. Associate Director Of International Advancement, Wesleyan University, United States, 1 day ago
Position Information Job Posting Number S00769 Position Title Sr. Associate Director of International Advancement Department Off of VP University Relations-1008 Job Category Staff Posting Position...
Head Of International Studies / Professor Of International Studies , University of Nottingham Ningbo, China ;, United Kingdom, 9 days ago
Location:Ningbo - ChinaSalary: Not specified Closing Date: Wednesday, 30 June 2021Reference: The University of Nottingham Ningbo, China and the School of International Stu...
Polish Language Teacher (# Of Pos: 2), Adam Mickiewicz University, Poznań, Poland, 14 days ago
An official website of the European UnionAn official EU websiteHow do you know? All official European Union website addresses are in the europa.eu domain. See all EU institutions and bodies Cookie...