Faculty 06: Translation Studies, Linguistics, and Cultural Studies / English / British Studies of Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz (Germersheim Campus)
Lecturer with a specified function
For our faculty’s British Studies (Anglistik) programme, we are looking for a lecturer with a specified function, with a focus on foreign language learning, translation and cultural studies.
In this position, you will be expected to:
- offer courses for students with English as a foreign or primary language in the current and future BA and MA programmes.
- conduct related examinations as well as correct and evaluate tests and examinations
- be versatile across disciplines within the framework of future degree programmes.
- participate in the development and design of teaching material.
- participate in the academic self-administration of the faculty and the British Studies (Anglistik) department.
Applicants must meet the requirements stipulated in the Higher Education Act of Rhineland-Palatinate (§ 58 HochSchG in conjunction with § 57 HochSchG) and must have.
- a successfully completed university degree in the field of cultural studies, literary or translation studies with English as foreign or primary language
- a doctorate appropriate to the position and its requirements
- full-time work experience after graduation of at least 2.5 years
- practical professional experience in translation
- knowledge of British English at native-speaker level, both written and spoken
- excellent knowledge of the German language, both written and spoken
- excellent knowledge of British culture
- an interest in the research foci of the Scottish Studies Centre is desirable
What we offer:
- an extensive professional development programme
- flexible working hours
- challenging and varied work in a qualified, international team
The position is paid according to EG 13 at and is to be filled for an unlimited period as of 01.04.2022.
We are a place of diversity and welcome qualified applications from people with any background.
We aim to increase the proportion of women in the academic field and are therefore particularly interested in applications from women.
Qualified applicants with severe disabilities will be given preferential consideration.
Do you see the variety and responsibility of these tasks as a personal challenge? Then apply now by 13.12.2021, preferably by submitting your full application and documentation via our “Apply now” button.
If you have any questions, please contact Prof Dr. Alison E. Martin. Email: email@example.com .
A Competition For The Position Of Assistant Professor At The Faculty Of English, Adam Mickiewicz University, Poznań, Poland, 1 day ago
The competition is open to individuals who meet the requirements specified in Article 113 of the Law on Higher Education and Science of 20 July 2018 (Journal of Laws of 2021, item 478, i.e. Articl...
Senior Lecturer, Faculty of Philological and Cultural Studies, Austria, 8 days ago
The Department of German Studies at the University of Vienna is the largest research and teaching centre in Austria, covering the fields of German language and literatures. The core areas are Mode...
Professor In Dutch As A Foreign Language (21627) Faculty Of Arts And Philosophy, Ghent University, Belgium, 22 days ago
→ Apply until 16/02/2022 23:59 (Brussels time) → Discipline: Dutch as a Foreign Language → 100% Assistant professor tenure track → Reference number: 202111/LW/ZAP/005 ABOUT GHENT UNIVERSIT...
Department Of History And Cultural Studies We 03 Ancient Studies University Professor Of Computational Archaeology Salary Grade: W2 Or Equivalent Reference Code: W2 Archäoinf Bewerbungsende: 03.02.2022, Free University of Berlin, Germany, about 6 hours ago
The successful applicant will cover research and teaching in the field of computational archaeology with a focus on data analysis and modelling. Appointment requirements are governed bySection 100...
Department Of History And Cultural Studies Art History Institute University Professor Of African Art History And Visual Cultures Salary Grade: W3 Or Equivalent Reference Code: W3 Kunst Afrikas Bewerbungsende: 03.02.2022, Free University of Berlin, Germany, about 6 hours ago
The successful applicant will cover research and teaching in the field of African art history and visual cultures. Appointment requirements are governed by Section 100 of the Berlin Higher Educati...
Department Of History And Cultural Studies Institute Of Islamic Studies University Professor Of Islamic Studies (Classical Islam) Salary Grade: W3 Or Equivalent Reference Code: W3 Islamwiss Bewerbungsende: 20.01.2022, Free University of Berlin, Germany, about 6 hours ago
The successful applicant will cover research and teaching in the field of Islamic studies (classical Islam). Appointment requirements are governed by Section 100 of the Berlin Higher Education Act...