ORGANIZATION NAME College of Arts and Sciences
Khalifa University is a world-class, research-intensive institution in Abu Dhabi, the capital city of the United Arab Emirates (UAE). The University’s mission is to seamlessly integrate research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in science, engineering, and medicine, and also to be a catalyst towards Abu Dhabi’s 2030 vision for a knowledge-based economy. Khalifa University has two campuses in the city of Abu Dhabi the KU Main Campus and the Sas Al Nakhl Campus, the latter housing two of KU’s flagship research institutes: Masdar Institute and Petroleum Institute.
The Lab Technician is responsible for providing a range of lab technical support activities and support in the Labs by assisting instructors and monitoring the facilities.
- Handle day-to-day operation and coordination of the laboratories under the supervision of Chair and faculty members.
- Provide lab support for a range of courses at various levels to ensure instructional delivery complies with the quality and educational standards of the department/program.
- Maintain accurate student records. Assist in writing lab manuals, procedures, and safety instructions in coordination with the course instructor and/or Chair.
- Ensure all equipment are maintained, serviced and repaired as required. Diagnose and rectifies minor faults/problems with equipment;
- Monitor and maintain a safe working environment in accordance to Health and Safety procedures.
- Train faculty and students and junior technicians in use of equipment and techniques. Ensure maintenance of current and future stock requirements of equipment and consumables. Ensure adherence to established HSE procedures and policies.
- Provide technical support for experimental equipment including troubleshooting.
- Identify requirements and equipment specifications, and assist with the procurement process of supplies and major equipment in the specific area.
- Maintain inventory and equipment of lab supplies according to safety measures.
- Ensure accurate completion of documentation, records and reports. Coordinate with suppliers to obtain quotations and follow up with Finance and Administration for contract preparation / renewal and for payments.
- Ensure adherence to the University’s information security policies and procedures, and report breaches or other security risks accordingly.
- Ensure coordination with other departments to facilitate the accomplishment of tasks and responsibilities, as and when needed.
- Perform any other tasks assigned by Line Manager.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Expats: A minimum 3 years of relevant experience.
- UAE Nationals: A minimum of 0-1 year of relevant experience
HOW TO APPLY
A complete application includes curriculum vitae, cover letter, photo, and the names and contact information of three references.
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (firstname.lastname@example.org ).
Social Research And Public Policy, Tenured, NEW YORK UNIVERSITY ABU DHABI, United Arab Emirates, 6 days ago
Description We are inviting applications from sociologists and those in related disciplines for a tenured faculty member to join the program in Social Research and Public Policy, for appointment o...
Analytical Chemistry Core Lab Staff Scientist, Petroleomics, King Abdullah University of Science and Technology, Saudi Arabia, about 5 hours ago
Job Purpose The individual serves the ACL mission to support research at KAUST and regionally by providing most advanced techniques and expertise for custom and routine chemical analysis in a user...
Professor, RUDARSKO-GEOLOŠKO-NAFTNI FAKULTET, Croatia, 10 days ago
Faculty of Mining, Geology and Petroleum Engineering announces vacancy for a Professor in the Scientific area of Technical Sciences, field: Mining, Geological and Petroleum Engineering,with employ...
Associate Professor (# Of Pos: 2), RUDARSKO-GEOLOŠKO-NAFTNI FAKULTET, Croatia, 10 days ago
Faculty of Mining, Geology and Petroleum Engineering announces vacancy for an Associate Professor in the Scientific area of Technical Sciences, field: Mining, Geological and Petroleum Engineering,...
Network Coordinator, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, about 3 hours ago
We are seeking an ambitious Network Coordinator who will be part of the Communications Team at Centre for Oil and Gas - DTU. The centre Centre for Oil and Gas – DTU is a research centre mainly fin...
Administrative Coordinator, McGill University, Canada, 22 days ago
Position Summary: The position involves field measurements of inactive oil and gas wells in western Canada. The position also involves laboratory and data analysis. Laboratory and safety training ...