ORGANIZATION NAME College of Engineering
Khalifa University is a world-class, research-intensive institution in Abu Dhabi, the capital city of the United Arab Emirates (UAE). The University’s mission is to seamlessly integrate research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in science, engineering, and medicine, and also to be a catalyst towards Abu Dhabi’s 2030 vision for a knowledge-based economy. Khalifa University has two campuses in the city of Abu Dhabi – the KU Main Campus and the Sas Al Nakhl Campus, the latter housing two of KU’s flagship research institutes: Masdar Institute and Petroleum Institute.
The Lab Engineer supports the function and development of labs within the Faculty of Engineering and works closely with the Department faculty to provide high-quality technical support in the lab.
- Manage the allocation of work and responsibilities to the assigned technical team
- Coordinate day-to-day operations of the assigned laboratory and the assigned laboratory staff
- Ensure work is carried out and performed to the required standards
- Monitor and maintain an organized, clean, and safe working environment in labs and ensures compliance with work-related legal, health, and safety standards
- Contribute to recruitment, training, development, and performance appraisal of the assigned lab staff
- Ensure that equipment and consumable stocks are within a pre-set level of expenditure
- Support in identifying and purchasing lab equipment, following consultation with appropriate faculty, and working closely with procurement/facilities management/finance departments
- Support in budget preparation by highlighting resource requirements such as equipment, manpower, and space.
- Advise faculty and students on all aspects of technical support services
- Work closely with the direct supervisor to provide excellent lab services to faculty, students, and researchers.
- Adhere to the University’s information security and confidentiality policies and procedures, and report breaches or other security risks accordingly
- Coordinate with other departments to facilitate the accomplishment of tasks and responsibilities, as and when needed
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Line Manager
- B.Sc, M.Sc. degree in Chemical Engineering
- Knowledge of ASPEN, HYSIS, MATLAB, SIMULINK
- Expats: A minimum of 5-7 years of relevant experience
- UAE Nationals: A minimum of 3 years of relevant experience
HOW TO APPLY
A complete application includes curriculum vitae, cover letter, photo, and the names and contact information of three references.
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (email@example.com ).
Core Lab Specialist, Electron Microscopy, KHALIFA UNIVERSITY, United Arab Emirates, 6 days ago
ORGANIZATION NAME Khalifa University ABOUT UNIVERSITY Khalifa University is a world-class, research-intensive institution in Abu Dhabi, the capital city of the United Arab Emirates (UAE). The U...
Industrial Hygienist Specialist, KHALIFA UNIVERSITY, United Arab Emirates, 7 days ago
Reference No. IRC62591 Department Research Laboratory Operations Organization Name Khalifa University About University Khalifa University is a world-class, research-intensive institution in Abu Dh...
Core Laboratory Engineer, KHALIFA UNIVERSITY, United Arab Emirates, 6 days ago
ABOUT UNIVERSITY Khalifa University is a world-class, research-intensive institution in Abu Dhabi, the capital city of the United Arab Emirates (UAE). The University’s mission is to seamlessly int...
Professor Of Legal Studies (Tenure Track, Open Rank) , New York University Abu Dhabi ;, United Arab Emirates, about 20 hours ago
NYU Abu Dhabi invites applications for a tenure-track/open-rank faculty appointment in Legal Studies, Social Science Division with appointment starting in August 2021 for the 2021-22 academic year...
Sales Engineer, OPRA Turbines, Netherlands, 7 days ago
As a Sales Engineer at OPRA Turbines you will be responsible for budget and firm quotations and technical/commercial clarifications in the bid phase. OPRA Turbines has an exciting job opportunity ...
Researcher In Computer Science: Industrial And Manufacturing Informatics (Ref 204009), University of Oslo, Norway, 5 days ago
SIRIUS is a Centre for Research-based Innovation in Scalable Data Access in the Oil & Gas Domain. The aim of the centre is to provide a vehicle for delivering industrially relevant, innovative res...