Interview date: Wednesday 22 April 2020
We are looking for a talented graphic designer to join the University’s in-house design team. You will have worked in an agency or client-side, designing predominantly for print but will also have digital experience. You’ll have a portfolio that demonstrates designing, developing and executing both large and small creative briefs to a high standard, across multiple channels and platforms.
Used to working in a fast-paced environment, you will create and deliver engaging concepts, graphics, layouts and artwork across multiple touch points; ranging from adverts, brochures and direct mail through to exhibition stands and web banners. You will also help our team to evolve our brand identity to meet the developing needs of the University.
We’re looking for a highly organised team player with a friendly ‘can-do’ attitude who is experienced enough to know when a job just needs to happen, but also knows when to push back and question the brief for better results. You will be used to keeping up with industry trends and will be using your creative skills and knowledge of best practice to interpret briefs and ensure deliverables exceed customer’s expectations.
You will need excellent client and customer service skills to succeed in this role.
You will have:
- In-depth knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud applications especially InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat Pro and After Effects along with a good understanding of MS office (for the creation of Word and PowerPoint templates).
- Experienced in managing design jobs from creative brief through to final production.
- Excellent organisational qualities, respond to customer requests proactively and professionally.
- Ability to interpret design briefs creatively and successfully, ensuring design solutions meet the brief and are on time and on budget.
- Excellent communication skills when presenting concepts to clients, providing clear rationale for design choices whilst delivering the best for them in terms of creativity.
- Ability to interpret feedback and handle resistance and objections effectively
- A positive, proactive and collaborative attitude to working
- Exceptional pre-press skills with an eye for detail
As part of your application please upload a CV and a portfolio of or a web link to your work.
If you wish to make an informal and confidential enquiry, please contact Louise Scattergood, Head of Imaging, Design & Print Services, [email protected], 01225 386150
All applications must be submitted through the University of Bath website.
The University of Bath is an equal opportunities employer and has an excellent international reputation with staff from over 60 different nations. To achieve our global aspirations, we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
Graphic Designer, University of Bath, United Kingdom, 20 days ago
We are looking for a talented graphic designer to join the University’s in-house design team. You will have worked in an agency or client-side, designing predominantly for print but will also have...
Pgt Partnerships Manager, University of Bath, United Kingdom, about 9 hours ago
We are seeking a self-motivated, proactive and entrepreneurial individual to join our dynamic team in the Faculty of Engineering and Design until the end of 2020. You will play an integral role i...
Associate Dean And Head Of Department: Creative And Cultural Industries, University of the West of England, United Kingdom, 8 days ago
UWE Bristol is one of the largest providers of Higher Education in the South West, serving a diverse community of over 30,000 students and 4,000 staff. Creative, bold and forward thinking, UWE Bri...
Ifp Subject Lead, University of Bristol, United Kingdom, 1 day ago
This position offers the successful applicant a fantastic opportunity to join the Centre’s International Foundation Programme (IFP) team at a very exciting time of growth and transformation which ...
Research Development Manager (Part Time, Fixed Term) (Internal Applicants Only), University of Bath, United Kingdom, 27 days ago
The purpose of this role is to facilitate new research opportunities for the University of Bath, leading to the submission of grant applications which would not have been realised without your inp...
Senior Lecturer (Information, Decision And Operations) Analytics, University of Bath, United Kingdom, about 9 hours ago
The School of Management at the University of Bath is seeking to make an appointment at Senior Lecturer level (Associate Professor) in the Information, Decisions and Operations (IDO) Division. App...