Associate Lecturer/Lecturer, Digital Film and Video
Job no: 592909
Work type: Full time - Fixed term/Contract
Categories: Media, Journalism & Communications, Design, Teaching and Research, Digital and Design
RMIT Vietnam, an entity of RMIT University, has campuses in Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi since 2001. We provide internationally recognised, high-quality, education and professional training for students, clients and the community, and assist in the development of human resources capability in Vietnam and the region by hosting students from Australia and many other countries.
The role & key responsibilities
- Teaching at undergraduate, honours and postgraduate level.
- Professional activities, scholarship and/or conduct high quality research activities appropriate to the profession or discipline.
- Undertake administration duties, which may include course coordination role or management of a small award program.
- Adhere to the requirements of the Academic Expectations and Development Framework of RMIT Vietnam.
Key selection criteria
- PhD or equivalent relevant Doctoral qualification
- A Master degree in the relevant discipline; have commenced or enrolled to commence in Doctoral course is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare and deliver programs at undergraduate and post-graduate levels, including online delivery, and the ability to produce high quality curriculum or program materials.
- Proven experience as a digital film and video practitioner, and to possess, or be capable of developing the following capabilities:
- Emerging track record and recognition for quality research outputs which will contribute to existing Discipline and School research areas evidenced by publications, development of new research initiatives, competitive research funding, and industry links.
- Ability to build effective networks with colleagues and generate alternative funding projects through effective liaison with industry and government.
- Recent and sustained performance regarding student outcomes, student experience and feedback; combined with experience and skill in a range of teaching settings.
- Ability to operate within own discipline and cross-disciplinary/multidisciplinary teams to achieve department and University strategic outcomes.
- Ability to work with external partners, industries, organisations and communities and can operate effectively to address complex issues or seek opportunities
- Ability to motivate, develop and inspire others through discipline leadership in the University environment.
To find out more
For further information about this role, please click on the Job Description and information pack below.
Associate Lecturer-Lecturer, Digital Film and Video.pdf
Academic FAQ's RMIT Vietnam 2018.pdf
NEW Information Pack - Foreign Candidates - Academic Dec 2020.pdf
- English is the language of teaching and communication at RMIT Vietnam. For this role, the minimum requirement is IELTS 7.0 (with no competency less than 6.5)
- Non-Vietnamese candidates must also meet the requirements of the Vietnamese Work Permit process.
How to apply
Click on the ‘Apply Now’ link. Applications close February 03, 2021.
Application close: 03 Feb 2021 11:55 PM SE Asia Standard Time
Assistant Professor Or Associate Professor Of Film With Emphasis On Black Cinemas, Wesleyan University, United States, about 22 hours ago
Position Information Job Posting Number F00283 Position Title Assistant Professor or Associate Professor of Film with emphasis on Black Cinemas Department College of Film and The Moving Image-1098...
Associate Lecturer/Lecturer Design Studies Hanoi, RMIT University, Australia, about 2 hours ago
Job no:593941 Work type:Full time - Fixed term/Contract Categories:Design, Teaching and Research RMIT Vietnam RMIT Vietnam, an entity of RMIT University, has campuses in Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi...
Tenure Track Assistant Professor In Film Studies, University of Copenhagen, Denmark, about 6 hours ago
The Department of Communication, Faculty of Humanities, University of Copenhagen (UCPH), Denmark, invites applications for a position as tenure-track assistant professor in Film Studies to be fill...
Development And Application Of New Luminescent Anti Reflection Greenhouse Coatings, Delft University of Technology, Netherlands, 1 day ago
The luminescent materials group in Delft has two PhD positions available on the development and fundamental understanding of new thin-film and nano materials for application in luminescent anti-re...
Teaching Assistant Theatre , Film And Literature Studies, University of Antwerp, Belgium, 25 days ago
Department: Department of Literature Regime Full-time The Department of Literature in the Faculty of Arts has the following full-time vacancy (100%): Teaching assistant in the field of Theatre-, F...
Assistant Professor, University of Gdańsk, Poland, 21 days ago
An official website of the European UnionAn official EU websiteHow do you know? All official European Union website addresses are in the europa.eu domain. See all EU institutions and bodies Cookie...