80%-100%, Zurich, fixed-term
The Laboratory of Neuroepigenetics of the University and ETH Zürich is looking for a scientific coordinator to manage collaborative research projects conducted within several consortia in Switzerland and the EU. The projects are at the interface between neuroscience, genetics/epigenetics and psychiatry/psychology and involve work and interactions with several preclinical labs using animal models and clinical teams working on human subjects locally, nationally and internationally.
You will be responsible for the operational implementation, coordination and administration of the sub-projects or work packages in which the lab is involved within the consortia. Together with the lab PI, you will
- facilitate the planning, coordination and conduction of sub-projects and work packages
- follow, monitor and document the progress of each sub-project and work package
- support and favour communication between researchers in our lab and collaborators
- help document scientific progress, share and store scientific information
- help with the writing, editing, and publishing of research manuscripts, reviews and meeting reports
- compile and write annual reports
- manage and check finances
- plan and organize progress report meetings, scientific events, workshops and associated documentation
- Master or doctorate in life or medical sciences with training in preclinical and clinical research
- Strong interest in medical research.
- Previous experience in the coordination of scientific programs at a university or comparable research institution. Solid knowledge of the academic environment and its practices.
- Experience and skills in scientific writing.
- Experience and skills in the preparation of talks and oral presentations.
- Experience in scientific reporting through written reports and oral presentations.
- Work independently, be able to organize tasks efficiently, and conduct several projects/duties simultaneously.
- Be able to identify priorities, find solutions to complex or difficult tasks and situations
- Provide high-quality work, be creative, rigorous, and attentive to important details.
- Be dynamic, communicative and team-oriented.
- Solid networking skills, good knowledge and practice of social media adapted to an academic environment.
- Be committed, reliable, flexible and enthusiastic.
- Fluent use of English and German.
This position is limited to the duration of the projects (up to 5 years) starting in spring 2023 or upon agreement. An extension of the duration and % of employment may be possible.chevron_right Working, teaching and research at ETH Zurich
We value diversity
In line with our values, ETH Zurich encourages an inclusive culture. We promote equality of opportunity, value diversity and nurture a working and learning environment in which the rights and dignity of all our staff and students are respected. Visit ourEqual Opportunities and Diversity website
to find out how we ensure a fair and open environment that allows everyone to grow and flourish.
Curious? So are we.
We look forward to receiving your online application with the following documents by March 15th 2023:
Please note that we exclusively accept applications submitted through our online application portal. Applications via email or postal services will not be considered.
For information, please contact Prof Isabelle Mansuy (email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org .) (no applications).
For recruitment services the GTC of ETH Zurich apply.
About ETH Zürich
ETH Zurich is one of the world’s leading universities specialising in science and technology. We are renowned for our excellent education, cutting-edge fundamental research and direct transfer of new knowledge into society. Over 30,000 people from more than 120 countries find our university to be a place that promotes independent thinking and an environment that inspires excellence. Located in the heart of Europe, yet forging connections all over the world, we work together to develop solutions for the global challenges of today and tomorrow.
Research Associate , University of Zurich, Switzerland, 1 day ago
Wyss Zurich Research Associate 100 % The Wyss Zurich Translational Center (Wyss Zurich) is a joint accelerator of the ETH Zurich and the University of Zurich, which was made possible by a generous ...
Biomedical Engineer , University of Zurich, Switzerland, 1 day ago
University Children's Hospital Zurich Biomedical Engineer ca. 70% As part of an interdisciplinary project between research groups of the ETH and the University of Zurich, a novel biomedical device ...
Science It Consultant , University of Zurich, Switzerland, 1 day ago
Science IT (S3IT) Science IT Consultant 60-100 %, permanent position The Science IT (S3IT) unit is part of the Information Technology department at the University of Zurich, with the goal of suppor...
Predoctoral Research Associate In Economics , University of Zurich, Switzerland, 1 day ago
Department of Economics Predoctoral Research Associate in Economics 70 % The Department of Economics of the University of Zurich invites applications for the position of a Full-Time Predoctoral Res...
Professorship In Empirical Communication And Media Research , University of Zurich, Switzerland, 1 day ago
Department of Communication and Media Research Professorship in Empirical Communication and Media Research 100 % The University of Zurich invites applications for a professorship in empirical commu...
Data Scientist , University of Zurich, Switzerland, 1 day ago
Institute of Law - Center for Legal Data Science (CLDS) Data Scientist 30 % Our team works at the intersection of law and data science. We collect and analyze legal data in transdisciplinary resear...