Postdoctoral position in social science research on religion/sustainability
The Centre for Religion, Economy and Politics at the University of Basel welcomes applications for the position of postdoctoral researcher for the project “Are Religions becoming Green? Faith-Based Environmentalism in Switzerland”, beginning February 1, 2023. Based on survey data from the National Congregations Study Switzerland II, the research project analyses the environmental engagement of religious communities. The position encompasses a 60% work load with a one-year contract. Under the supervision of Prof. Dr. Jens Koehrsen, the project team will consist of the postdoctoral researcher and two researchers. The project is funded by the Swiss National Science Foundation (SNSF).
- Coordination of the project tasks and the team
- Quantitative data analysis utilizing software programs (e.g. SPSS, Stata, R)
- Writing research articles for leading journals in environmental studies or sociology
- Triangulation between quantitative and qualitative data
- Organizing a stakeholder workshop and a public event
- Giving presentations and attending conferences
- Writing project reports
- Doctoral degree in sustainability research, sociology, human geography or a similar discipline
- Strong expertise in quantitative data analysis
- Very good track record of publishing in leading academic journals
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to coordinate teams
- Understanding of sustainability research in the social sciences and/or religious studies
- Excellent English language skills (C1 or higher), German is an advantage, but not required
- Enjoyment of independent as well as team-oriented research
- Strong interpersonal, intercultural and social skills
- Willingness to relocate to Basel region
We offer you
- Attractive job conditions with leadership duties
- Work in a motivated and dynamic team
- Diverse tasks with meaningful impact
- Interesting research in a field with strong societal relevance
- Opportunity to expand and develop your competencies for a continuing scientific career
- Collaboration potentials with other sustainability researchers and sociologists
- Opportunity to present research results at international conferences and in academic journals
Application / Contact
For additional information, please contact Ann-Lea Buzzi, researcher, at email@example.com .
We look forward to your online application, which should include your letter of motivation, academic CV including a list of publications, copies of completed degrees, and two reference persons with their contact information.
Application Deadline: December 18, 2022
Zentralinstitut Osteuropa Institut Research Assistant (Postdoc) (M/F/D) Full Time Job Limited To 3 Years Entgeltgruppe 13 Tv L Fu Reference Code: Loops Postdoc Bewerbungsende: 27.02.2023, Free University of Berlin, Germany, about 2 hours ago
The Postdoctoral Research will join the ERC Starting Grant project LOOPS on the logistic of protest camps in competitive authoritarian regimes. The position provides an opportunity for both indepe...
Postdoc Position For Synthetic Biology Inspired Therapies , ETH Zurich, Switzerland, about 2 hours ago
100%, Basel, fixed-term The Biotechnology and Bioengineering group directed by Prof. Martin Fussenegger at the Department of Biosystems Science and Engineering (D-BSSE) of the ETH Zurich in Basel ...
Postdoctoral Position – Accelerating The Roll Out Of Net Zero Pathways For The Swiss And European Energy System , ETH Zurich, Switzerland, about 2 hours ago
100%, Zurich, fixed-term The Reliability and Risk Engineering group in the Institute of Energy and Process Engineering aims to identify and mitigate systemic risks in interdependent critical infra...
Postdoc Positions In Machine Learning For Single Molecule Imaging And Omics Analysis Of M Rna Translation, EPFL, Switzerland, 1 day ago
The Vandergheynst-lab (LTS2) at the Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL) has an opening for a postdoctoral fellow to join the lab’s emerging research program on machine learning for bio...
Postdoctoral Researcher (M/F/D) Translational Cardiovascular Genomics , Technical University of Munich, Germany, 1 day ago
16.01.2023, Wissenschaftliches Personal The German Heart Center of the Free State of Bavaria associated to the Technical University of Munich is a clinic with international reputation and a state ...
Postdoctoral Research Fellow Energy Economics And Applied Microeconometrics , Economic and Social Research Institute - ESRI ;, Ireland, 21 days ago
The Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI) wishes to make an appointment to its energy and environmental economics research group. The position is a 3-year, fixed-term post and will involve...