100%, Zurich, fixed-term
We are seeking a highly motivated and talented Postdoctoral Researcher to join our dynamic research group focused on studying marine protist-bacteria interactions. This position offers an exciting opportunity to contribute to cutting-edge research in the field of microbial ecology and symbiosis. The successful candidate will work in a collaborative and interdisciplinary environment, conducting innovative experiments and utilizing advanced bioinformatic tools to unravel the molecular basis and ecological significance of protist-bacteria associations.
- Design and conduct laboratory-based experiments to investigate protist-bacteria interactions, including co-culturing experiments, strain isolations and molecular/omics techniques.
- Perform phylogenomic analyses of protist and bacterial interactions through DNA sequencing and bioinformatic analyses.
- Analyze genomic datasets to study taxon-specific patterns of protist-bacteria associations and identify gene functional signatures in protist-associated microbiomes.
- Collaborate with other team members and international partners.
- Contribute to the preparation of research manuscripts and grant proposals.
- Present research findings at national and international conferences.
- A Ph.D. degree in a relevant field (e.g., Microbiology, Ecology, Marine Biology, or related disciplines).
- Strong background knowledge and research experience in microbial ecology, symbiosis, or related fields.
- Expertise in laboratory techniques commonly used in microbial ecology research, such as culturing and molecular biology techniques.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Track record of scientific publications in peer-reviewed journals.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a research team.
- Experience in the use of MALDI-TOF for microbial strain identification and experience in bioinformatic analyses and working with genomic datasets would be advantageous.
- A stimulating research environment with state-of-the-art facilities and resources.
- The opportunity to work in a vibrant research group and collaborate witihin international projects our group is involed in (e.g., NCCR Microbiomes, BlueRemediomics, BiOcean5D).
- Diverse training opportunities (e.g., workshops, scientific and technical competences).
- A diverse and international group of supportive team members.
chevron_right Working, teaching and research at ETH Zurich
We value diversity
In line withour values
, ETH Zurich encourages an inclusive culture. We promote equality of opportunity, value diversity and nurture a working and learning environment in which the rights and dignity of all our staff and students are respected. Visit ourEqual Opportunities and Diversity website
to find out how we ensure a fair and open environment that allows everyone to grow and flourish.
Curious? So are we.
We look forward to receiving your online application with the following documents:
- A cover letter outlining research interests, relevant experience, and motivation for applying to this position.
- Curriculum vitae (CV) including a list of publications.
- Contact information for at least two references.
Please note that we exclusively accept applications submitted through our online application portal. Applications via email or postal services will not be considered.
More information about our research group can be found on our website . Prof. Shinichi Sunagawa, email email@example.com (no application documents), is at your disposal for further information.
About ETH Zürich
ETH Zurich is one of the world’s leading universities specialising in science and technology. We are renowned for our excellent education, cutting-edge fundamental research and direct transfer of new knowledge into society. Over 30,000 people from more than 120 countries find our university to be a place that promotes independent thinking and an environment that inspires excellence. Located in the heart of Europe, yet forging connections all over the world, we work together to develop solutions for the global challenges of today and tomorrow.
Postdoc In Ecological Visualization Of River Restoration, ETH Zürich, Switzerland, 1 day ago
28 Sep 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company ETH Zürich Research Field Environmental science » Earth science Environmental science » Ecology Computer science » Other Researcher Profile Recogni...
Postdoc Position In Metagenomics & Computational Biology, ETH Zürich, Switzerland, 19 days ago
9 Sep 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company ETH Zürich Research Field Biological sciences » Biology Biological sciences » Other Computer science » Other Computer science » Programming Research...
Postdoctoral Position In Systems Or Hardware Security, ETH Zürich, Switzerland, 14 days ago
16 Sep 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company ETH Zürich Research Field Engineering » Electrical engineering Computer science » Other Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) Country Switz...
Research Assistant With A Strong Background In Microfluidics And Mechatronic Development, ETH Zürich, Switzerland, 20 days ago
9 Sep 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company ETH Zürich Research Field Engineering » Biomedical engineering Technology » Nanotechnology Engineering » Other Researcher Profile First Stage Resear...
Postdoctoral Position In Molecular Understanding Of Pigment Biosynthesis In Microalgae, Institute of Microbiology of the Czech Academy of Sciences, Czech, 24 days ago
5 Sep 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company Institute of Microbiology of the Czech Academy of Sciences Department Centre Algatech Research Field Biological sciences » Biology Researcher Profil...
Postdoctoral Position In Molecular Understanding Of Pigment Biosynthesis In Microalgae, Centre Algatech, Institute of Microbiology, Czech Academy of Sciences, Czech, 24 days ago
6 Sep 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company Centre Algatech, Institute of Microbiology, Czech Academy of Sciences Research Field Biological sciences » Biology Chemistry » Biochemistry Research...