Laboratory Research Technician for Molecular Biology
The Larsson-Rosenquist Foundation Professorship for Neurodevelopment, Growth and Nutrition of the Newborn is based at the Department of Neonatology of the University Hospital Zurich. Its main objective is to analyze the association between early nutrition, with special focus on human milk (HM) feeding and the child neurodevelopment. Alongside a double clinical- (brain function and morphology) and basic research track (neurobiology) this professorship points at a multidisciplinary collaboration (medicine, biology, social sciences) in order to set up a comprehensive investigation program on such a large question.
Conducting assays using molecular, cell and biochemistry techniques such as:
- Cloning, quantitative PCR, DNA and RNA isolation
- Gel electrophoresis
- Cell culture (primary cell lines used: human neuron and oligodendrocyte)
- Protein purification
- Western blot
- Formation as laboratory technician
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good organizational skills in maintain laboratory reagents and stocks
- Reliable and trustable processing of standard operative procedures
- Attentive and dedicated independent working attitude
- Experience in working with Master and PhD students
- Good written and oral communication skills in English and German
- Eligible for a Swiss work permit
What we offer
- 1 year position with possibility for increase of working appointment percentage and contract extension in the future
- Access to state-of-the-art infrastructure, a diverse and interactive scientific and supportive atmosphere
- Opportunities for professional development
For additional information about an employment at the University of Zurich, please visit: Working at UZH
Place of work
Start of employment
This position opens on 01.11.2021.
Please, include in your application a cover letter with statement of motivation, transcripts of BSc and MSc grades, CV (max 2 pages), and 1 letter of support or the name and contact details of one referee.
UZH on social media
Senior Research Specialist (Stem Cell Therapy And Corneal Tissue Engineering Lab) – Ophthalmology & Visual Sciences (Job Id #155007), University of Illinois, United States, about 5 hours ago
The Stem Cell Therapy and Corneal Tissue Engineering Lab is looking for two Senior Research Specialist to join their team. The University of Illinois College of Medicine have two lab technician po...
Assistant Professor, Warsaw University of Technology, Poland, 11 days ago
The candidate should have PhD in the field in natural sciences in the discipline of chemical sciences, field biotechnology, and achievements in science (confirmed by scientific publication from JC...
Laboratory Technician Stem Cell Diabetes Laboratory, University of Alberta, Canada, about 9 hours ago
This competition is open to all applicants however internal candidates and applicants who were former employees of the University of Alberta in the past 18 months will be given priority considerat...
Tenure Track (Assistant) Professor 'Diagnosis And Understanding Of Rare Kidney Diseases', Radboud University Medical Center (Radboudumc), Netherlands, 14 days ago
We are looking for an assistant professor who can strengthen our position in the field of epithelial ion transport with a focus on rare kidney diseases and the development of advanced experimental...
Technician To Support The Vib Single Cell Core @ Campus Technologiepark Zwijnaarde, VIB, Belgium, about 1 hour ago
About the Single Cell Core VIB is widely recognized as an established and world-leading knowledge center in life sciences and biotechnology with an excellent reputation in technology transfer. The...
Laboratory Technician , University of Basel, Switzerland, 22 days ago
Your position The candidate will have the opportunity to apply and optimize cutting-edge molecular methods, in particular those for the generation of 3D in vitro models that adequately recapitulat...