10 May 2023
NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
- Research Field
- Researcher Profile
First Stage Researcher (R1)
- Application Deadline
8 Jun 2023 - 00:00 (UTC)
- Type of Contract
- Job Status
- Is the job funded through the EU Research Framework Programme?
Not funded by an EU programme
- Is the Job related to staff position within a Research Infrastructure?
Saw Swee School of Public Health at the National University of Singapore (NUS) seeks a highly motivated and skilled Research Fellow to join our interdisciplinary team. This position offers the opportunity to work on groundbreaking research projects in the broad areas of infectious disease modelling, phylogeny, phylodynamics, machine learning for public health, and global health. The work will allow you to collaborate with a broad spectrum of people at school (https://sph.nus.edu.sg/research/ ), Institute of Data Science (https://ids.nus.edu.sg/ ), and global leaders who are part of the ‘Machine Learning & Global Health’ network (https://mlgh.net/ ). You can find more information about the work done by Asst. Prof Swapnil Mishra by looking here https://smishra.dev/
- Conduct high-quality research in infectious disease modelling, phylogenetics, phylodynamics, and/or machine learning applied to public health and global health.
- Develop and implement computational models, statistical methods, and machine learning algorithms to analyze infectious disease data.
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams of researchers, including epidemiologists, biologists, machine learners, biostatisticians, and public health experts.
- Analyze large-scale datasets to generate insights into the transmission dynamics, evolution, and control of infectious diseases.
- Present research findings at national and international conferences and publish results in peer-reviewed scientific journals.
- Assist in the supervision and mentoring of graduate students and junior researchers.
- Contribute to grant proposals and progress reports for funding agencies.
- A Ph.D. in a relevant field such as computer science, statistics, epidemiology, computational biology, bioinformatics, biostatistics, machine learning, or a related discipline.
- Strong background in any one of machine learning, generative modelling, infectious disease modelling, phylogenetics, and phylodynamics.
- Proficiency in programming languages such as R, Python, C++, or Julia.
- Experience with machine learning and statistical methods applied to real-world, public health, and global health problems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presenting complex concepts to diverse audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a multidisciplinary team and independently.
- Track record of publications in peer-reviewed journals.
Interested applicants should submit the following documents:
- A cover letter explaining your interest in the position, relevant experience, and research interests.
- A detailed curriculum vitae, including a list of publications.
- A brief research statement (maximum 2 pages) outlining your research experience and future plans.
- Contact information for three professional references who can provide letters of recommendation upon request.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. The anticipated start date is July 2023, but this is negotiable. The initial appointment will be for one year, with the possibility of renewal based on performance.
NUS is an equal-opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, or disability.
In case of any questions or queries, please do not hesitate to contact Ass. Prof Swapnil Mishra with the subject line ‘Research Fellow in Infectious Disease Modelling, Phylogeny, and Machine Learning for Public Health’.
A Ph.D. in a relevant field such as computer science, statistics, epidemiology, computational biology, bioinformatics, biostatistics, machine learning, or a related discipline.
Contact list for further enquiries
Hiring Manager: [[Assistant Prof Swapnil Mishra]]
Hiring Manager Email: [[email@example.com ]]
Where to apply
Research Assistant, Disa, NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE, United Kingdom, 13 days ago
Job Description Design novel machine learning models for problems arising in drug response prediction Conduct computational experiments to evaluate models with genomic data. Write research manuscr...
Casual Research Assistant – Artificial Intelligence For Software Engineering, Deakin University, Australia, 1 day ago
Apply now Job no:545553 Work type:Casual Location:Flexible Categories:Information Technology, Research Casual Hourly Rate: $43.47 per hour + 11% Superannuation Employment Type: Casual (6 months, 2...
Research Fellow (Modelling And Simulations Of All Solid State Sodium Ion Batteries), NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE, United Kingdom, 23 days ago
Research Fellow (Modelling and Simulations of All-Solid-State Sodium Ion Batteries) Recruiter NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE Location Singapore Posted 31 Aug 2023 End of advertisement period 30 ...
Research Fellow, Department Of Analytics And Operations, NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE, United Kingdom, 7 days ago
Job Description We are looking for a talented and experienced Researcher in Machine Learning to join our dynamic team and help us develop cutting-edge technologies in Large Language Model (LLM), d...
Research Fellow (Ai & Structural Bioinformatics), NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE, United Kingdom, 11 days ago
Job Description Highly motivated and creative postdoctoral candidates are sought to work at the Yang Zhang Lab, Cancer Science Institute of Singapore, School of Computing, and Yong Loo Lin School ...
Research Assistant (Safety Analytics), NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE, United Kingdom, 26 days ago
Job Description The successful candidates will contribute to research activities related to evaluation and development of machine learning models for classifying construction contractors based on...