Founded in the same year that Singapore gained independence, NUS Business School stands today among the world’s leading business schools. It is distinctive for offering the best of global business knowledge with deep Asian insights, preparing students to lead Asian businesses to international success and to help global businesses succeed in Asia.
For more than 50 years, NUS Business School has offered a rigorous, relevant and rewarding business education to outstanding students from across the world. That would not have been possible without a group of dedicated professionals who are passionate about building a positive environment to grow and groom future business leaders. And we are looking to add to our BIZ family!
To learn more about the NUS Business School, please visit https://bschool.nus.edu.sg/
The incumbent will be supporting the role of the Corporate Communications Department in enhancing the brand and reputation of the NUS Business School as a leading world-class university for business education and research, amongst the key stakeholders locally and overseas. The role entails internal and external stakeholder engagement via branding, media relations, social media and staff engagement activities.
1. Media Relations
- Develop and implement a targeted media strategy
- Identify and develop commentaries, media pitches and press releases based on faculty research, human interest stories, current affairs, initiatives and events
- Cultivate an expansive number of local and foreign media outlets
- Coordinate with corporate partners on joint announcements and events
- Manage issues/crisis communication
- Conduct pulse sensing on coverage and share of voice of the NUS Business School and other business schools
- Manage external vendors like Meltwater, Telum, SPH publishing and more, and ensure good return on investment (ROI)
2. Social Media
- Support social posts on LinkedIn, such as LinkedIn newsletter and other platforms to amplify media and event coverage
- Support writing assignments related to commencement, events, internal and external newsletters and others as required
- Manage administrative and other duties such as procurement, where necessary
- Cover important events and initiatives of the NUS Business School
- Preferably a degree in mass communication, journalism, political/social science, English literature or business studies
- At least 7 years’ experience in Corporate Communications/PR
- Experience in Foreign Media engagement or Tertiary Education Sector will be an added advantage
- Strong ability in developing and writing narratives and commentaries which can resonate with the target audiences
- Good understanding and grasp of current affairs and media landscape
- A strategic thinker with good analytical skills
- Meticulous, proactive and can think outside the box
- Team player and able to identify synergies with various departments within the School
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
(Appointment job grade will commensurate with the selected candidate's experience)
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: School of Business
Department : Dean's Office (BIZ)
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 20624
Chan Sek Keong Professorship In Private Law , ;, Singapore, 2 days ago
Job Description: The National University of Singapore Faculty of Law (NUS Law) seeks to appoint a distinguished legal scholar to be the Chan Sek Keong Professor of Private Law. The appointee will ...
Yong Shook Lin Professorship In Intellectual Property Law , ;, Singapore, 2 days ago
Job Description: The National University of Singapore Faculty of Law (NUS Law) seeks to appoint a distinguished legal scholar to be the Yong Shook Lin Professor of Intellectual Property Law. The a...
Academic Positions In Law & Technology , ;, Singapore, 2 days ago
Job Description NUS Law is adding a new compulsory course, Law & Technology, to its LLB programmes starting from August 2024. The course examines the law as it applies to the use of technology (eg...
Project Officer (Digital Communications), Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, about 24 hours ago
The Institute for Digital Molecular Analytics and Science (IDMxS) invites applications for the position of Project Officer. The Institute for Digital Molecular Analytics and Science (IDMxS) is a n...
Manager, Finance, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, 10 days ago
Office of Finance is looking for a Manager to take care of the finance operations. This person will be deployed to The Institute for Digital Molecular Analytics and Science (IDMxS). IDMxS is a uni...
Assistant Director, Graduate Studies, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, about 13 hours ago
Nanyang Business School compete with top business schools from around the world to attract senior profesisonals from diverse backgrounds to join its graduate programmes. The key purpose of the rol...