ABOUT THE NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF EDUCATION (NIE)
The National Institute of Education (NIE), Singapore, is Singapore’s national teacher education institute and we are proud to be an integral part of the nation’s education service. We play a key role in the preparation of teachers and in the provision of teacher professional and school leadership development programmes. We are committed to our vision of being An Institute of Distinction: Leading the Future of Education and our mission to Inspire Learning, Transform Teaching and Advance Research. Read more about NIE here .
NIE invites applications for a Learning Data Specialist / Learning Strategist position in the Centre for Innovation in Learning.
- Work with fellow Learning Data Specialists to examine department and project level datasets using data analysis tools to optimise learning and the learning environment at NIE.
- To collaborate across teams:
- to develop insights and strategies for faculty engagement, academic development and teaching & learning and develop emerging technologies to innovate.
- to assess needs for faculty related to the design, development and evaluation of learner-centred blended courses and course requirements.
- to identify strategies, and appropriate tools to design, develop and facilitate face-to-face and online tech-enhanced workshops (i.e., blended learning) as part of capability development for faculty.
- Remain abreast of best and innovative teaching and learning practices in higher education (e.g., regarding personalised learning, adaptive learning, e-assessment, hybrid learning).
- Collaborate on initiatives with IN-Learning's Community Engagement and Partnership team to share institute-wide knowledge.
- Carry out action research by:
- conceptualising frameworks and methodologies,
- designing evaluation instruments,
- gathering and analysing data (e.g., Learning Analytics)
- formulating decisions that will enhance the effectiveness of learning experiences and our Capability Development initiatives.
- Participate in special projects on teaching and learning as required.
- A Bachelor’s Degree related to Education, Learning Sciences, Business/Data Analytics, Applied Statistics and Technology for the Learning Data Specialist / Learning Strategist post.
- At least 2 years’ experience in learning analytics or related instructional design and development experience.
- Possess good analytical skills to facilitate interpretation of data for decision-making purposes.
- Well-versed with ICT tools for education.
- Experience in working with Learning Management Systems.
- Having teaching experience will be an advantage.
- Ability to work independently and in diverse teams.
- Ability to learn new tools and processes quickly with little guidance or support documentation.
- Possess good creative thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Exceptionally meticulous in work details.
- Experience in using data visualization tools will be an advantage.
Application Closing Date
The closing date of the advertisement is 22 May 2023. We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
NIE Staff can take chartered buses at their own expenses from or near their homes to the NIE campus. This is subject to availability of seats.
Hiring Institution: NIE
Senior Manager/Assistant Senior Manager (Learning Analytics), Scale (Epd), National University of Singapore, Singapore, about 11 hours ago
Job Description The School of Continuing and Lifelong Education (SCALE) was established to drive the expansion of NUS’ lifelong learning offerings in a concerted and strategic way that furthers ou...
Senior Engineer / Associate Principal Engineer (Interreality Technology), National University of Singapore, Singapore, about 11 hours ago
About NUS IT NUS Information Technology is the cornerstone to providing reliable, high-performance and secure IT solutions and effective IT governance for the campus. Here at NUS IT, we aim to tra...
Lecturer / Senior Lecturer, National University of Singapore, Singapore, 4 days ago
Job Description The National University of Singapore (NUS) is a leading research-intensive university (http://www.nus.edu.sg/) that is consistently ranked among the world’s top universities. Estab...
Senior Librarian, Library (Learning Services), Singapore Institute of Technology, Singapore, about 3 hours ago
Reporting to the University Librarian, this position is responsible for providing services related to User Education and Research Services. Key Responsibilities Develop, conduct and promote custom...
Teaching Assistant (Business Analytics And Information Systems), National University of Singapore, Singapore, 12 days ago
Job Description The Department of Information Systems and Analytics (DISA) at the National University of Singapore (NUS) offers two undergraduate degrees in business analytics and information syst...
Teaching Assistant (Pharmacy), National University of Singapore, Singapore, 4 days ago
Job Description The Department of Pharmacy, one of the pioneering Departments in NUS, was founded in 1905, and is embarking on a strategic renewal to boost research and innovation. In the 2023 QS ...