Join QuTech and support our organization in achieving our mission: developing cutting-edge quantum technology.
Quantum is the future, and The Netherlands occupies a unique position of expertise in quantum technology, with QuTech at its core. Come work as a Software Engineer at our growing research centre, located on the buzzing campus of Delft University of Technology.
In this role you will be part of the QuTech Software Development Support Team (SDST). The main goal of SDST is continuously improving the quality and availability of the software developed at QuTech. You will maintain and further develop QuTech Cloud infrastructure, our public demonstrators and numerous other generic software related services. Also, you will have an advisory role on software development activities within all divisions of QuTech. You will work in collaboration with various teams to build the future quantum technology infrastructure.
- Maintain and further develop QuTech infrastructure based on (amongst others) GKE, Terraform, Ansible.
- Apply CI/CD to automate the build/release/deploy process.
- Maintain and further develop custom-built software solutions written in Python and using related frameworks as Django/FastAPI/asyncio.
- Propagate high quality software engineering practices.
- Develop training material and give workshops on software engineering.
You’re an experienced and enthusiastic Software Engineer with a drive for delivering high quality end-results. As an expert in your field, you’re knowledgeable, service-minded, result-driven and you feel comfortable operating in a challenging and constantly changing environment. You are a team player, who’s eager and willing to learn.
Furthermore, you have:
- At least 4 years’ experience in all aspects of the software development lifecycle in both Linux and Windows environments.
- Affinity with maintenance, support and operations automation;
- Experience with database management, Agile/Scrum, tools such as GCP / Kubernetes / Terraform / Ansible / Gitlab CI/CD / Docker, software design methods (e.g. UML) and fluency in object-oriented programming.
- Knowledge of code quality measures.
- Good communication skills and good command of the English language.
- In possession of EU passport/working permit.
As a Software Engineer at QuTech you will have a unique role in a dynamic, informal, and fast paced working environment. You will be employed by TU Delft.
You will get:
- A position for 32 to 38 hours per week (0.8 – 1.0 fte).
- An employment contract for one year with a view to a permanent position.
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work hybrid (home/office).
- A salary according to the CAO Dutch Universities scale 10 to 11 depending on your working experience (from € 2960 gross to €5439 gross per month based on 38 hours per week), plus 8% vacation allowance and a year-end bonus of 8.3%.
- Up to 41 vacation days per year based on full-time employment.
- An excellent fringe benefits package (including a pension plan and partially paid parental leave) that you can put together yourself through a flexible choice package .
- Plenty of opportunities to follow trainings and courses.
For more information visit working at TU Delft .
QuTech is a mission-driven research institute of TU Delft and TNO. Together we’re working on a radical new technology with world-changing potential. We’re developing scalable prototypes of a quantum computer and a secure quantum internet.
We believe quantum technology will be a game changer in many social and economic sectors – including health, agriculture, climate, and security. To achieve our ambitious goals, we bring scientists, engineers, and industry together in an inspiring environment, with plenty of room for ambition, entrepreneurship, and innovation.
Availability of adequate software is a key enabler for performing QuTech’s research. This software includes scientific instrument control technologies, simulation of quantum phenomena and quantum computers, as well as web front-end and back-end development, and infrastructure software.
To optimally support its research, our Software Development Support Team (SDST) maintains QuTech’s Cloud infrastructure, demonstrator software and provides technical and non-technical support on software development to the different divisions. The SDST is staffed with 3-4 experienced software engineers who cooperate closely with the scientists and (software) engineers in the divisions to deliver high quality software products.
TU Delft is an international top university that combines science, engineering, and design. TU Delft stands for world-class education, research, and innovation to address challenges in energy, climate, mobility, health, and the digital society. Generations of Delft engineers have proven to be entrepreneurial problem solvers in business and societal contexts.
At QuTech and TU Delft, we embrace diversity as one of our core values and are actively committed to being a university and workplace where you can feel at home and thrive. We value diverse perspectives and qualities because we believe this makes our work more innovative, the TU Delft community more vibrant and the world a fairer place.
Have you become enthusiastic about this vacancy? Then apply directly via the ‘Apply’ button before the 30 of April. We look forward to receiving your motivation and resume.
- Please bear in mind that A pre-Employment screening can be part of the selection procedure.
- Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated.
For more information about this position, please contact Fer Grooteman, Project Manager at QuTech at F.J.Grooteman@tudelft.nl
For questions about the procedure, please contact our Senior Recruiter Audrey Monje at A.Monje@tudelft.nl .
Associate Professor In Planetary Exploration, AcademicTransfer, Netherlands, 23 days ago
Associate Professor in Planetary Exploration Associate Professor in Planetary Exploration Published Deadline Location today 15 Jun Delft Job description The Department of Space Engineering (SpE) h...
Associate Professor In Planetary Exploration, Delft University of Technology (TU Delft), Netherlands, 20 days ago
13 May 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company Delft University of Technology (TU Delft) Research Field Technology Researcher Profile Leading Researcher (R4) Established Researcher (R3) Country ...
Assistant Professor (Academic Career Track) In Technology & Entrepreneurial Marketing, AcademicTransfer, Netherlands, 12 days ago
Assistant professor (academic career track) in Technology & Entrepreneurial Marketing Assistant professor (academic career track) in Technology & Entrepreneurial Marketing Published Deadline Locat...
Assistant Or Associate Professor Specialising In Fundamental Astrodynamics, Delft University of Technology (TU Delft), Netherlands, 4 days ago
31 May 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company Delft University of Technology (TU Delft) Research Field Technology Researcher Profile Leading Researcher (R4) Established Researcher (R3) Country ...
Assistant Professor In Biotechnology For Sustainable Food Security, AcademicTransfer, Netherlands, 26 days ago
Assistant Professor in biotechnology for sustainable food security Assistant Professor in biotechnology for sustainable food security Published Deadline Location today 9 Jun Delft Are you the biop...
Assistant Professor (Academic Career Track) In International Technology Based Entrepreneurship, AcademicTransfer, Netherlands, 12 days ago
Assistant professor (academic career track) in International Technology-Based Entrepreneurship Assistant professor (academic career track) in International Technology-Based Entrepreneurship Publis...