Non academic staff (supporting staff)
Irène Curie Fellowship
Library and Information Services
Are you an IT professional who wants to be challenged every day? At the TU/e, scientists and students continuously create the unthinkable. The strength of the IT landscape is their key to success and, hence, so are you. These creative minds expect you to offer them a solution for tomorrow that doesn’t exist today. Together we are building the high performance backbone that this epicenter of science and technology demands.
The Eindhoven University of technology (TU/e) is an internationally oriented university, specialized in engineering, science and technology. We are known for our big scientific impact and development of technological innovations. If you join Eindhoven University of Technology, you step onto the campus of a small university with a big impact in the smartest region of the world. A university where we work together on innovative ICT and education projects.
Digitization is an important strategic ambition and essential to prepare the TU/e for the future. Audio Visual resources and IT are inextricably linked and form the backbone of hybrid education and business operations.
The service department Library and Information Services (LIS) is integral responsible for delivering support to the TU/e departments and other services. Specifically for the support and development of a hybrid learning and working environment the Product Team Hybrid Education and Audio Visual Support is responsible.
For this team we are looking for an enthusiastic and knowledgeable Audio Visual Consultant with experience and affinity in leading extensive projects in the Audio Visual field, preferably in a public education/research institute. You will help the product team realizing a hybrid campus which consists of educational- and meeting spaces, TU/e Media Center facilities, Live streaming of lectures and events, Recording of MOOCS, Webinars, Video pitches and related applications.
You are experienced in applying your Project Management skills for these audio and video purposes of TU/e.
As a Audio Visual Consultant, you’ll be working in the Hybrid Education and Audiovisual support team, under the responsibility of the Product Area Education within the department of Library and Information Services, LIS. Within this product team, you will be working with various disciplines using agile methods and will be focusing on the delivering of new Audio Visual facilities. You will not only be working closely together within the product team AV but also with other product teams within the LIS, FMC and ESA services and of course business representatives from these services and departments within the TU/e.
- Collaborating with the Product Area Lead Education, Product Owner Hybrid Education and Audio Visual Support, and AV Support in realizing AV projects.
- Translating user stories and AV concepts into a set of requirements.
- Working with stakeholders and suppliers to form implementation- and migration plans of AV projects.
- Monitoring the integrity of the procurement processes of AV projects together with Contract Management and Procurement department.
- Responsible for the full execution of AV projects from initiation to handing over to support.
- Overseeing the progress of the project and reporting the status to stakeholders.
- Being part of a tender evaluation team.
- Leading the project planning meetings.
- Reporting to the Product Owner Hybrid Education and Audio Visual Support and the Product Area Lead Education.
Are you the hands-on expert with affinity for education, then we look forward to receive your application. Particular, if you recognize the following characteristics in yourself:
- Proven substantive knowledge in the field of Audio Visual facilities, Video Content Management systems in the educational sector
- HBO / University work and thinking level.
- Knowledge of one or more project methods such as Prince2, Agile e.g.
- You familiarize yourself quickly with new tasks and systems and can serve as an counterpart for suppliers.
- Process and conceptual thinker: Result-oriented, Analytical and critical.
- Experience working in a technical or educational environment.
- Systematic way of working.
- Hands on mentality and eager to help the organization in adopting new Audio-Visual facilities.
- Organizational sensitivity.
- Responsible, independent and proactive work ethic
- Good written and spoken communication skills in Dutch and in English.
- Engaging team member with a proactive attitude, enthusiasm, customer and result oriented.
Conditions of employment
An exciting position within an international yet personal university. You are right in the middle of the students, on a green campus within walking distance of the central station. We also offer you:
- A competitive salary, depending on your knowledge and experience (salary grading is according to the collective labour agreement for Dutch Universities).
- In addition to vacation pay, also a structural end-of-year bonus of 8.3% (one extra month).
- A favorable arrangement for more holidays or a sabbatical.
- A selection model for additional fringe benefits.
- Working hours in consultation for an optimal work-life balance.
- Scope for your talent with advancement prospects and excellent development opportunities such as mentoring, workshops and coaching.
- Partially paid parental leave and reimbursement for commuting expenses, working from home and the internet.
- A generous employer contribution to the favorable ABP pension plan.
- Upon starting, we initially offer a one-year contract, with the prospect of indefinite employment thereafter.
Here you can discover even more information about our conditions of employment . Build on your career at TU/e!
Information and application
- Do you recognize yourself in this profile and would you like to have more information about the function, please contact Robert van Ginkel (Product Owner Hybrid Education and Audio Visual Support): firstname.lastname@example.org or 06-535 76 149
- For other questions about conditions of employment contact internal Recruiter Bas den Bakker via email@example.com or via tel. 06-512 06 442
If you are interested in this vacancy you can apply by uploading your motivation and your curriculum vitae via the “Apply for this job” button.
In case of equal suitability, internal candidates will have preference over external candidates.
Project Manager (0,8 – 1,0 Fte), Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e), Netherlands, 19 days ago
Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e) has appealing ambitions aimed at training future engineers. At the department Industrial Engineering and Innovation Sciences (IE&IS), we have translated t...
Software Engineer Or Post Doc For Quantum Safe Communications Systems – Qci Ned, Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e), Netherlands, 2 days ago
About TU/e, EHCI, QT/e and Quantum Delta NL Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e) is a leading international university specializing in engineering, science & technology. Through excellent res...
Program Manager Eaisi Health, Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e), Netherlands, 3 days ago
Work environment Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e) is one of Europe's top technological universities, situated at the heart of a most innovative high-tech region. Thanks to a wealth of col...
Program Manager (0.8 1.0 Fte) For The Eng D Project Office, Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e), Netherlands, 12 days ago
Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e) is an internationally oriented university specialized in engineering, science & technology. We are known for our great scientific impact and development o...
Onderwijs Coördinator (0,8 – 1,0 Fte), Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e), Netherlands, 19 days ago
About TU/e TU/e is a leading international university that educates engineers of the future and pushes the boundaries of science and technology for a better world. An international community of cl...
Av Engineer, RMIT University, Australia, about 11 hours ago
Overview: RMIT Vietnam , an entity of RMIT University, has campuses in Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi 2001. We provide internationally recognised, high-quality, education and professional training for...