The Reykjavik University Sleep Institute is looking for a postdoctoral researcher (or research specialist) with a strong background in Machine Learning for the Horizon 2020 project Sleep Revolution, sponsored by the European Commission (no. 965417).
The project is led by Reykjavik University (RU), in collaboration with 36 other partners in Europe and Australia. The research partners are from academia, industry, and health institutions. The work is highly multi-disciplinary with involvement at RU of the following four departments: Department of Engineering, Department of Computer Sciences, Department of Sport Science, and Department of Psychology.
The postdoctoral researcher will play a key role in the project, which has the goal to create a revolution in sleep data analysis in order to improve the diagnosis and treatment of sleep apnea.
- Big Data Analysis and Signal Processing.
- Developing and implementing machine learning and deep learning methods for automatic analysis of sleep measurements and for event detection (based on time series data).
- Developing algorithmic pipelines to facilitate deep learning analysis.
- Code optimisation and code efficiency (we will be processing over 30.000 sleep studies); optimisation is key.
- Management of undergraduate and graduate students in conjunction with academic staff.
- A Ph.D. degree in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Data Science, Statistics, Information Systems, Mathematics, Engineering, or related fields.
- Deep knowledge of machine learning and extensive respective hands-on experience.
- Background in biological systems/signals and/or sleep data background is beneficial.
- Self-organised with a strong ability to work autonomously.
- Flexible, result-oriented, willing to learn and willing to work in a dynamic environment with a diverse team.
- Previous publications of multi-disciplinary nature are a bonus.
- Dynamic and communicative personality with high social competence.
- Strong ability to communicate in English (oral and written) is essential.
- Be located in Reykjavík, Iceland, or be willing to relocate.
All applications must be accompanied by a CV with information about previous jobs, education, references, etc., and a cover letter where the applicant can justify the reasons for being the right person for the job. Please include links to public software repositories with any relevant projects and include both published papers and submitted papers in your CV.
The deadline for applications is December 1, 2021. The position is project-related and, thus, temporary for 3 years. Start is February 1, 2021 or by agreement. All inquiries and applications will be treated as confidential.
Any questions regarding working in Iceland or about Reykjavik University should be sent to email@example.com . Questions regarding the research work may be sent to Lara Jonasdottir, Sleep Revolution Senior project manager, firstname.lastname@example.org .
Reykjavik University (RU)
Reykjavík University has around 3.700 students and 250 faculty and employees in addition to numerous adjunct faculty in two schools: Technology and Social Sciences. We offer a welcoming and stimulating environment in which to work and live. The University is centrally located in Reykjavík, the capital city of Iceland.
The role of Reykjavik University is to create and disseminate knowledge to enhance the competitiveness and quality of life for individuals and society, guided by good ethics, sustainability and responsibility. Education and research at RU are based on strong ties with industry and society. We emphasize interdisciplinary collaboration, international relations and entrepreneurship.
Research Assistant, Neuroimaging Lab In Neuropsychiatric Disorders, NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE, United Kingdom, 12 days ago
Job Description The National University of Singapore invites applications for research assistant/associate in the Multimodal Neuroimaging in Neuropsychiatric Disorders Laboratory (MNNDL), Centre f...
Research Assistant, UNITED ARAB EMIRATES UNIVERSITY, United Kingdom, 18 days ago
Job Description The Intelligent Distributed Computing and Systems Research Research Laboratory at the Department of Computer Science & Software Engineering (CSSE) at the College of Information Tec...
Doctoral Or Postdoctoral Positions In The Machine Learning And Information Processing Group At Tum , Technical University of Munich, Germany, about 1 hour ago
19.07.2022, Wissenschaftliches Personal The Machine Learning and Information Processing group at TUM works in the intersection of machine learning and signal/information processing with a current ...
Postdoc In Sustainable Machine Learning, University of Copenhagen, Denmark, about 22 hours ago
The Machine Learning Section at the Department of Computer Science (DIKU) invites applicants for a Post-doctoral fellowship of 24 months duration, in developing resource efficient Machine Learning...
Reannouncement: Postdoc Position Feature Cloud: Federated Machine Learning For Complex Multi Omics Data , University of Southern Denmark, Denmark, about 23 hours ago
The Department of Mathematics and Computer Science at the University of Southern Denmark for the Computational Biology laboratory chaired by Associate Professor Richard Röttger invites applicatio...
Opening Postdoctoral Fellowship, Solid State Analog Optimization Solver And Quantum Machine Learning (Theory), University of Waterloo, Canada, about 18 hours ago
More Topics #jobs The Transformative Quantum Technologies (TQT) program at the University of Waterloo has several openings for Postdoctoral Fellowships (PDFs). These prestigious positions are avai...