Academic Cooperation and Research Support Office
Open for Employee Referral
Open until filled
Starting date :
September 1, 2021
The Academic Cooperation and Research Support Office (ACRO) at the Central European University wishes to appoint an outstanding person to fill the full-time position of Research Project Coordinator. The successful candidate will play an active role in proposal writing for obtaining Austrian and international research grants and managing externally and internally funded research projects. The position is Vienna-based with an Austrian employment contract, but it involves travel between Vienna and Budapest.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Acts as the institutional contact person with assigned donors, monitors their funding opportunities, and understands their priorities and their relevance to CEU.
- Advertises open calls for proposals to CEU academic community and holds information session.
- Supports academic staff in developing project proposals and is responsible for budget preparation.
- Administering of assigned projects in cooperation with the academic units.
- Acts as the key contact with the donors, as well as the Legal Office, Budget and Finance Office, Human Resources, IT, and other internal administrative units.
- Ensures that projects are implemented in compliance with the requirements of the funding organization, as well as CEU policies, guidelines and procedures. Authorizes orders and payments via SAP.
- Maintains electronic- and hard copy filing of the assigned projects where necessary
- Assists the academic team in the preparation of project reports and is responsible for financial reporting of the assigned projects.
Qualifications and Skills:
- University degree.
- At least three years of previous experience in managing Austrian research grants in an academic setting.
- Experience in managing European research grants is a plus.
- Proficiency in spoken and written German and English.
- High computer proficiency, especially in the use of MS Word and Excel; experience in using SAP is an advantage.
- Ability to multi-task, as well as prioritizing conflicting needs while meeting tight deadlines.
- Ability to administer long-term assignments independently as well as in a team.
- Positive personality and strong work ethic.
We offer a competitive salary of 44,000 EUR/year which commensurate with experience as well as a dynamic and international academic environment. The initial contract is for one year with a one-month trial period, with the expectation of renewal for an indefinite contract based on identifiable success.
How to apply
Applicants need to submit:
- Cover letter describing your motivation in applying for the position and relevant skills and experience.
- Contact information for two referees.
Please send your complete application package to email@example.com - including job code in subject line: 2021/038.
Employee Referral Program application:
If one of our employees has drawn your attention to this job opportunity, please apply via this email address, and mention our colleague in the cover letter: advert038Referral@ceu.edu - including job code in the subject line: 2021/038.
CEU is an equal opportunity employer.
Central European University does not discriminate on the basis of—including, but not limited to—race, color, national and ethnic origin, religion, gender and sexual orientation in administering its educational policies, admissions policies, employment, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.
Central European University (CEU) is a research-intensive university specializing in the social sciences, humanities, law, public policy and management. It is accredited in the United States, Austria and Hungary. CEU's mission is to promote academic excellence, state-of-the-art research, research-based teaching and learning and civic engagement, in order to contribute to the development of open societies. CEU offers bachelor's, master's and doctoral programs and enrolls more than 1,400 students from over 100 countries. The teaching staff consists of resident faculty from over 50 countries and prominent visiting scholars from around the world. The language of instruction is English.
For more information, please visit https://www.ceu.edu/ .
CEU is an equal opportunity employer.
The privacy of your personal information is very important to us. We collect, use, and store your personal information in accordance with the requirements of the applicable data privacy rules, including specifically the General Data Protection Regulation. To learn more about how we manage your personal data during the recruitment process, please see our Privacy Notice at: https://www.ceu.edu/recruitment-privacy-notice (Hungary: Közép-európai Egyetem, Central European University) or https://www.ceu.edu/recruitment-privacy-notice-austria (Austria: Central European University, CEU Central European University Private University).
University Professor Of Austrian Politics In The European Context , University of Vienna ;, Austria, 3 days ago
Open to new ideas. Since 1365. As a research university with high international visibility and a wide range of degree programmes, the University of Vienna is committed to basic research open to ap...
Statistical Modeling And Data Science Techniques For Analysing The Effects Of Covid 19 On Well Being, EURAXESS, Italy, about 10 hours ago
An official website of the European UnionAn official EU websiteHow do you know? All official European Union website addresses are in the europa.eu domain. See all EU institutions and bodies Cookie...
Esr3 Prediction Of Chemical Synthesis Using Nlp Models, Helmholtz Zentrum Muenchen, Germany, 28 days ago
Advanced machine learning for Innovative Drug Discovery (AIDD) Project (http://ai-dd.eu ): Machine learning is changing our society, as exemplified by speech and image recognition applications. Al...
Engineer Research Group Ibáñez, IST Austria, Austria, 17 days ago
Full Time (40 h/w) – Limited until 31/08/2024 Klosterneuburg (Vienna), Austria € 38,000* gross/year IST Austria is growing. Grow with us! IST Austria is a growing international institute for condu...
Full Professor In Labour And Social Law, Paris Lodron-University of Salzburg, Austria, 3 days ago
GZ B 0004/1-2021 Paris Lodron Universität Salzburg PLUS. Competence for tomorrow. The Paris Lodron University of Salzburg (PLUS) is an up-and-coming Austrian University which stands for outstandin...
Virus Service Technician, IST Austria, Austria, 22 days ago
IST Austria is growing. Grow with us! IST Austria is a growing international institute for conducting frontier research in mathematics, computer science, and the life and physical sciences. We rec...