Event and Space Management
Open for Employee Referral
Open until filled
As soon as possible
The Event and Space Management Unit at Central European University (CEU) invites applications for a part-time (30h/week) Events Coordinator in Vienna. The successful candidate will be responsible for the booking, planning and execution of events, under supervision of the Head of the Event and Space Management, and in close cooperation with other members of the Event and Space Management teams in Vienna and Budapest. The role consists of assisting with room set-up and takedown, and being the key point of contact before and during events. This position will also play a key role in the contract management of external companies to ensure the service standards of the contracted companies are being met.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Assists clients with day-to-day requirements and inquiries leading up to events and provides professional recommendations on key planning components such as audiovisual elements, room configurations, décor, programming and customized tours.
- Oversees the execution of all events once on-site.
- Acts as a key point of contact before and during events.
- Oversees and assists with room set-up and takedown for internal and external events, and events organized in cooperation with external partners.
- Works closely with support teams.
- Identifies and contacts potential partners and service providers and communicates with them as necessary.
- Works alongside, and in partnership with, contracted companies during events.
- Engages with clients and supports events as required (special requests, guest concerns and event orders).
- Assists and leads site visits with potential and existing clients and service providers.
- Participates in pre-event meetings with internal and external clients and assists in establishing clear and realistic expectations.
- Assists with the design of events, including planning timelines/agendas for events and setup planning based on floorplans.
- Solves/troubleshoots basic client concerns and challenges with adherence to CEU policies and procedures.
- Makes key service decisions independently during the event by following appropriate guidelines and established practices.
- Books the spaces and facilities in CEU’s booking system.
- Creates reports and statistics based on CEU’s booking system.
- Adheres to institutional policies and procedures.
- Adheres to Occupational Health and Fire and Safety policy and procedures, and ensures safe work practices are followed at all times.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
- 3 to 5 years of events service experience and education at diploma level (BA in in tourism or hospitality preferred), or equivalent combination of skills and experience
- Proven experience in positions that require outstanding customer service skills with professional presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to exceed customer expectations
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with visitors, staff, contractors, clients, volunteers and members of the public
- Experience working with a wide variety of people with diverse needs
- Ability to work both independently and within a team setting
- Strong time management and organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple client files simultaneously
- Strong communication skills
- Fluent in English and in German
We offer a competitive salary of which will commensurate with experience and starts from 25.000 EUR/year.
How to apply
Applicants need to submit:
- Cover letter
Please send your complete application package to:
email@example.com - including job code in subject line: 2021/031.
Employee Referral Program application:
If one of our employees has drawn your attention to this job opportunity, please apply via this email address, and mention our colleague in the cover letter: Advert031referral@ceu.edu - including job code in the subject line: 2021/031.
Central European University does not discriminate on the basis of—including, but not limited to—race, color, national and ethnic origin, religion, gender and sexual orientation in administering its educational policies, admissions policies, employment, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.
Central European University (CEU) is a research-intensive university specializing in the social sciences, humanities, law, public policy and management. It is accredited in the United States, Austria and Hungary. CEU's mission is to promote academic excellence, state-of-the-art research, research-based teaching and learning and civic engagement, in order to contribute to the development of open societies. CEU offers bachelor's, master's and doctoral programs and enrolls more than 1,400 students from over 100 countries. The teaching staff consists of resident faculty from over 50 countries and prominent visiting scholars from around the world. The language of instruction is English.
For more information, please visit https://www.ceu.edu/ .
CEU is an equal opportunity employer.
The privacy of your personal information is very important to us. We collect, use, and store your personal information in accordance with the requirements of the applicable data privacy rules, including specifically the General Data Protection Regulation. To learn more about how we manage your personal data during the recruitment process, please see our Privacy Notice at: https://www.ceu.edu/recruitment-privacy-notice (Hungary: Közép-európai Egyetem, Central European University) or https://www.ceu.edu/recruitment-privacy-notice-austria (Austria: Central European University, CEU Central European University Private University).
University Professor Of Austrian Politics In The European Context , University of Vienna ;, Austria, 3 days ago
Open to new ideas. Since 1365. As a research university with high international visibility and a wide range of degree programmes, the University of Vienna is committed to basic research open to ap...
Esr3 Prediction Of Chemical Synthesis Using Nlp Models, Helmholtz Zentrum Muenchen, Germany, 28 days ago
Advanced machine learning for Innovative Drug Discovery (AIDD) Project (http://ai-dd.eu ): Machine learning is changing our society, as exemplified by speech and image recognition applications. Al...
Research Coordinator, Auckland University of Technology, New Zealand, 7 days ago
Opportunity to use your skills to actively contribute to the research culture at AUT and be part of supporting positive growth in external research income Broad exposure to a full range of excitin...
Special Events Coordinator, SUNY, United States, about 23 hours ago
The Special Events Coordinator devises and runs exceptional events, meetings, and multimedia shows (live and video) in collaboration with various departments throughout SUNY College of Optometry. ...
Marketing And Communications Officer , University of Wales, Trinity Saint David ;, United Kingdom, 29 days ago
Reference: 50125 Closing Date 18 July 2021 Full Time Fixed term for 1 year Salary: £26715 to £30046 The Marketing and Communications Officer is a key role to promote and disseminate the work of IN...
Whole Brain Mapping Of Histamine Driven Neuronal Activation During Formation, Consolidation And..., Università degli Studi di Firenze, Italy, 21 days ago
The central histaminergic system is an important modulator of memory related to adverse events and the integrity of the brain histamine system is necessary for the consolidation of this type of me...