As a University of Applied Learning, SIT works closely with industry in our research pursuits. Our research staff will have the opportunity to be equipped with applied research skill sets that are relevant to industry demands while working on research projects in SIT.
The primary responsibility of this role is to carry out various experiments and contribute to the development new routing algorithms to minimize the quantum channel loss through network slicing techniques on a centralized, programmable control plane. Through this, you will have the opportunity to gain in-depth knowledge about quantum networks, software defined networks (SDN) and their supporting technologies.
This experience will provide a great foundation for you to continue your scientific journey either as a PhD candidate or member of the booming quantum networks community. This project is a collaborative project between Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT), National university of Singapore (NUS), and the Centre for Quantum Technologies (CQT).
- Participate in and manage the research project with Principal Investigator (PI), Co-PI and the research team members to ensure all project deliverables are met.
- Design, configure and test the routing algorithms through simulations.
- Implement the algorithm on the programmable controller and experiment on hardware switches.
- Carry out Risk Assessment, and ensure compliance with Work, Safety and Health Regulations.
- Coordinate procurement and liaison with vendors/suppliers.
- Work independently, as well as within a team, to ensure proper operation and maintenance of equipment.
- Applicants should have a strong interest in quantum technologies.
- Network configuration skills and experience with virtualization technologies.
- Programming experience in Python.
- Experience in SDN/NFV technologies and writing REST APIs for north-bound communication will be an advantage.
- Have a relevant degree in Communication Networks or equivalent. Possessing a Master’s or PhD degree will be advantageous.
Applications close: 30 Nov 2022 Singapore Standard Time
Postdoc In Optimal Control For Quantum Gate Error Reduction A…, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden, 16 days ago
Quantum gate error reduction – materials and circuit architectures for superconducting quantum computers, a collaboration between Chalmers University, Sweden and Aalto University, Finland. Come to...
Post Doc Position In Data Driven Cybersecurity , IMDEA Networks Institute ;, Spain, about 16 hours ago
IMDEA Networks Institute in Madrid has a PostDoc position in the following area: PostDoc position in Data-driven Cybersecurity The deadline for submitting applications is December 14, 2022 23:59 A...
Research Assistant (Electronic Engineering), Centre For Quantum Technologies, NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE, United Kingdom, 11 days ago
Job Description The Centre for Quantum Technologies (CQT) is a research centre of excellence at the National University of Singapore doing cutting-edge theoretical and experimental science. CQT i...
Postdoctoral Researcher In Quantum Machine Learning, Helmholtz, Germany, about 5 hours ago
Your Job: You will work in an interdisciplinary project team on quantum enhanced machine learning methods. This includes: the extension, development and analysis of new quantum machine learning al...
Postdoctoral Position, Tel Aviv University (TAU), Israel, about 3 hours ago
Postdoc positions in experimental quantum materials research Two fully-funded postdoc positions are available in the condensed matter physics department at Tel Aviv University, Israel. We are look...
Research Assistant Position (50%) In Quantum Computing , OsloMet, Norway, about 10 hours ago
OsloMet – Oslo Metropolitan University is Norway’s third largest university, with nearly 22,000 students and 2,200 employees. Through the students we educate and the research we produce, the unive...