As a University of Applied Learning, SIT works closely with industry in our research pursuits. Our research staff will have the opportunity to be equipped with applied research skill sets that are relevant to industry demands while working on research projects in SIT.
The primary responsibility of this role is to carry out various experiments and contribute to the development new routing algorithms to minimize the quantum channel loss through network slicing techniques on a centralized, programmable control plane. Through this, you will have the opportunity to gain in-depth knowledge about quantum networks, software defined networks (SDN) and their supporting technologies.
This experience will provide a great foundation for you to continue your scientific journey either as a PhD candidate or member of the booming quantum networks community. This project is a collaborative project between Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT), National university of Singapore (NUS), and the Centre for Quantum Technologies (CQT).
- Participate in and manage the research project with Principal Investigator (PI), Co-PI and the research team members to ensure all project deliverables are met.
- Design, configure and test the routing algorithms through simulations.
- Implement the algorithm on the programmable controller and experiment on hardware switches.
- Carry out Risk Assessment, and ensure compliance with Work, Safety and Health Regulations.
- Coordinate procurement and liaison with vendors/suppliers.
- Work independently, as well as within a team, to ensure proper operation and maintenance of equipment.
- Applicants should have a strong interest in quantum technologies.
- Network configuration skills and experience with virtualization technologies.
- Programming experience in Python.
- Experience in SDN/NFV technologies and writing REST APIs for north-bound communication will be an advantage.
- Have a relevant degree in Communication Networks or equivalent. Possessing a Master’s or PhD degree will be advantageous.
Applications close: 30 Nov 2022 Singapore Standard Time
Postdoc, Alfred Renyi Institute of Mathematics, United States, 1 day ago
A postdoctoral fellowship in quantum computing is open for application at the Alfred Renyi Institute of Mathematics in Budapest, Hungary. The position is starting in February 2023 or after. It is ...
Research Fellow (Quantum Information Processing), Centre For Quantum Technologies, NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE, United Kingdom, 28 days ago
About the Centre for Quantum Technologies The Centre for Quantum Technologies (CQT) is a research centre of excellence in Singapore. It brings together physicists, computer scientists and engineer...
Research Assistant Entanglement Assisted Network Development , Technical University of Munich, Germany, 1 day ago
10.01.2023, Wissenschaftliches Personal We are looking for a full-time (TVL-E13) research assistant on the topic of Entanglement-Assisted Network Development, who is to work in close collaboration...
Research Assistant (Electronics / Optoelectronics Engineer), Centre For Quantum Technologies 2, NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE, United Kingdom, 28 days ago
About Centre for Quantum Technologies (CQT) The Centre for Quantum Technologies (CQT) is a research center of excellence at the National University of Singapore doing cutting-edge theoretical and ...
Postdoc In Emergent 2 D Quantum Materials For Spin Orbit Torque Technology, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden, 2 days ago
We are looking for a highly motivated Postdoctoral researcher to be part of our experimental research on 2D quantum materials heterostructure devices for spin-orbit torque technologies at Chalmers...
3 Year Post Doc Position, Combining On Chip Circuit Quantum Electrodynamics And Magnetic Levitation To Explore The Interface Between Quantum Mechanics And General Relativity, Leiden University, Netherlands, about 12 hours ago
Apply now The Faculty of Science, Leiden Institute of Physics has a: 3-year post-doc position, Combining on-chip circuit quantum electrodynamics and magnetic levitation to explore the interface be...