Reports to: Assistant Director for Construction
Purpose: Project manager assists in supervising and inspecting field activities assigned to a particular construction discipline work area, all civil, architectural, and finishing works, and to ascertain the quality of the work. Ensure that all contract documents represented by working drawings and specifications are properly executed by the contractors. Also responsible for establishing and maintaining a professional working relationship with architects, engineers, testing labs, general contractors, the University personnel, and the general public.
- Implement Projects Management Office (PMO) procedures and processes to maximize efficiencies and maximize end-user satisfaction while maintaining the highest quality and design standards for AUC
- Support the assistant director of construction to implement quality control standards and to enforce contractors to work according to standers and PMO policy and construction procedures
- Create a detailed work plan which identifies and sequences the activities needed to complete different projects
- Coordinate and prepare meetings with the design team and consultant to make sure that all project deliverables are clear
- Responsible for all communications between all project stakeholders from the start till the project closeout
- Manage and maintain small-scale through to large-scale construction projects in a safe, timely, and sustainable manner
- Oversee and inspect the contractor's work plans and ensure that the necessary work is meeting specifications, codes, and designed shop drawings
- Prepare the cost estimate for any project before starting
- Continually find solutions to conflicts in drawings and specifications by conferring with the Consultants. Coordinate these solutions with the various sub-trades
- Managing project risks, including the development of contingency plans
- Prepare SOW documents for small projects or project charter and communicate with the user until getting required approval
- Prepare RFP and BOQ and all related documents to initiate tender as per the AUC policy
- Evaluate all vendors and bidder's technical documents and aid in the selection process as per the AUC policy
- Check and verify all materials stored on and off-site for payment as well as materials used in site construction against submittals
- Accurately monitor material ledgers to determine if quantities remaining in the estimate are sufficient to complete the project in the field
- Coordinate inspections with consultants and authorities as required as per the contract
- Inspect work and submit reports to assistant director of construction include project conditions (trade workforce and work description), architectural and engineering communications, general terms, and description of activities and work performed
- Responsible for snagging all project comments and make sure to close them through the proper channels
- Make sure that the project is delivered and approved to the user before the closing of the project
- Make sure that the contractors abide by the AUC safety rules
- Plan and manage the deployment of physical and financial resources to meet project milestones
- Build and sustain effective communications with other roles involved in the project
- Set up files to ensure that all project information is appropriately documented and secured
- Utilize management techniques and outside services to ensure the continued review of designs and standards in support of unit goals
- Overlook and audit the generation of reports relevant to the construction and renovation, which includes, but not confined to, inspection reports, final delivery reports, and progress reports
- Perform other duties as requested by direct supervisor
Minimum Education Requirement:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or construction management
- Minimum of 10 Years of relevant field experience
- Previous experience in estimating and managing performed work activities and subcontracted work
- Understands means and methods of construction associated with the construction and renovation
- Has a working knowledge of civil, architectural, mechanical, and electrical work
- Has a working knowledge of the cost of goods and services
- Proficient with computer software used in the construction industry
- Has a demonstrated ability to solicit, evaluate, and manage the price, schedule, and quality objectives of individual projects
- Understands the sequencing of work and the strategy of creating effective project schedules
- Ability to detect errors in construction projects
- Understands project cost control and change order management
- Understands contemporary software applications associated with managing and controlling workflow
- Knowledge of commonly accepted construction safety/environmental and work practices in applicable disciplines
- Ability to read and interpret construction drawing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced proficiency with computer skills and software (Microsoft Office software, ACAD or Outlook E-Mail software)
The position is open until December 6, 2020
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the short list will be contacted.
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at The American University in Cairo.”
Assistant Director, Capital Projects & Programs, University of Illinois at Springfield, United States, about 4 hours ago
Project Management 1. Coordinate University System construction projects; providing advice and consultation with respect to design, value engineering, scope of the work, cost estimating, general c...
Human Resource Associate Director Of Talent Management (Job Id #139565), University of Illinois, United States, about 6 hours ago
Minimum Acceptable Qualifications Required Bachelor's degree in human resources administration, labor relations, business administration, or a field related to the position Two years of work exper...
Human Resources Associate College Of Nursing (Job Id #139846), University of Illinois, United States, about 6 hours ago
Minimum Acceptable Qualifications Required: Bachelor's degree in human resources administration, labor relations, business administration, or a field related to the position Two years of work expe...
Human Resource Associate (Compensation Analyst) Uic Human Resources (Job Id #140799), University of Illinois, United States, about 6 hours ago
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Administration, Management, Organizational Administration, Public Administration, Labor Relations, Business Administration or a field cl...
Human Resource Associate College Of Medicine, Department Of Pathology (Job Id #140360), University of Illinois, United States, 6 days ago
Minimum Acceptable Qualifications Required: Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Administration, Management, Organizational Administration, Public Administration, Labor Relations, Business Administ...
It Manager/Administrative Coord ( Assistant Director For Software Development ) Technology Solutions (Job Id #139884), University of Illinois, United States, 8 days ago
Minimum Acceptable Qualifications Required: Bachelor's degree in computer science or closely related field of study. Minimum of 8 years of progressively more responsible Information Technology exp...