Two or more Postdocs in Electromagnetic Compatible and Intelligent Power Electronics (2023-224-05198)
At the Faculty of Engineering and Science, AAU Energy, two or more postdoc positions in power electronics is open for appointment from 1st of July 2023, or soon hereafter. The positions are for 2 years.
Aalborg University contributes to the knowledge building of the global society as well as the development of prosperity, welfare, and culture of Danish society. This is accomplished through research, research-based education, public sector services and knowledge collaboration. Aalborg University educates students for the future and activities are based on a dynamic and transformative collaboration with the surrounding.
AAU Energy is a dynamic engineering research department in continuous growth and inspiring surroundings. AAU Energy has a very international environment and covers all areas of clean and sustainable energy systems of the future within electrical, thermal, and mechatronic energy technology. AAU Energy has campuses in both Aalborg and Esbjerg, this position is located in Aalborg.
The mission is to be world leading in both research and research-based education of the energy engineers of the future. AAU Energy has approx. 300 employees of many nationalities, of which 25 are administrative staff. In addition, AAU Energy constantly has approx. 50-70 guest researchers from around the world. Research and teaching are in the absolute world elite in the field of energy, and we have extensive and leading workshop and laboratory facilities, where research and innovation are carried out in direct collaboration with industry to a great extent.
The positions are offered in relation to the EMI/EMC in Power Electronics and Reliability and System Optimization research groups. They are also in relation to AAU Energy Mission on Digital Transformation and AI as well as Energy Efficiency. The postdocs will be positioned to the section for Applied Power Electronic Systems.
Research areas will be within the modeling and design for EMI/EMC, artificial intelligence application, and design for reliability for power electronic converters and systems.
The successful application prerequisite that you demonstrate a documented expertise in most of the areas below:
- Proven-research experiences in at least two of the research topics:
1) Digital twin and time-frequency domain EMI modeling of power electronic converters
2) Electromagnetic compatibility and filter designing in power electronics
3) Control design and stability analysis of power electronic systems (e.g. wind farms)
4) Power electronic closed-loop impedance modeling
5) Artificial intelligence for power electronics design and control
6) Data-driven based methods for condition and health monitoring of power electronic converters
- Proven-records in peer-reviewed publications in the most recognized power electronics or EMCjournals.
- Hands-on experiences in experiment development and testing (e.g., hardware development,software implementation in various processor platforms) is required.
- In-depth understanding of power electronics and its engineering constraints is required.
- Strong English communication skills is preferred.
- Experiences in assisting teaching and supervision is a plus.
Appointment as Postdoc presupposes scientific qualifications at PhD–level or similar scientific qualifications. The research potential of each applicant will be emphasized in the overall assessment. Appointment as a Postdoc cannot exceed a period of four years in total at Aalborg University.
The application must contain the following:
- A motivated text wherein the reasons for applying, qualifications in relation to the position, and intentions and visions for the position are stated.
- A current curriculum vitae.
- Copies of relevant diplomas (Master of Science and PhD). On request you could be asked for an official English translation.
- Scientific qualifications. A complete list of publications must be attached with an indication of the works the applicant wishes to be considered. You may attach up to 5 publications.
- Dissemination qualifications, including participation on committees or boards, participation in organisations and the like.
- Additional qualifications in relation to the position. References/recommendations.
- Personal data.
The applications are only to be submitted online by using the "Apply online" button below.
Shortlisting will be applied. After the review of any objections regarding the assessment committee, the head of department, with assistance from the chair of the assessment committee, selects the candidates to be assessed. All applicants will be informed as to whether they will advance to assessment or not.
AAU wishes to reflect the diversity of society and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background or belief.
Read more about AAU at www.aau.dk .
Read more about the AAU Energy at www.energy.aau.dk .
For further information concerning the application procedure, please contact Mathilde Vestergaard HR-Service Centre EST by mail firstname.lastname@example.org .
Employment is in accordance with the Ministerial Order on the Appointment of Academic Staff at Universities (the Appointment Order) and the Ministry of Finance's current Job Structure for Academic Staff at Universities. Employment and salary are in accordance with the collective agreement for state-employed academics.
Postdocs For A New European Research Project, Aarhus University, Denmark, about 4 hours ago
The Section for Electrical Energy Technology under the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECE) at Aarhus University invites applicants for a two-year postdoctoral position, offerin...
Post Doctoral Fellow In Electrical Engineering, KHALIFA UNIVERSITY, United Arab Emirates, 13 days ago
24 May 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company KHALIFA UNIVERSITY Research Field Engineering Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) First Stage Researcher (R1) Country United Arab Emirate...
Postdoc In Offshore Energy Hubs Dtu Wind, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, 5 days ago
We seek a talented and engaged postdoc willing to be part of a world-leading research environment and contribute to establishing a solid foundation for the operation of offshore energy hubs and wi...
Postdoc Within Manipulation And Assembly Of Flexible And Fragile Objects For Laboratory Automation , University of Southern Denmark, Denmark, 1 day ago
SDU Robotics , part of the Maersk Mc-Kinney Moller Institute, University of Southern Denmark, located in Odense, invites applications for one or more postdoc positions. The positions are for a 3-y...
Post Doc (M/F/D) Resource Efficient Power Distribution Network By Dc Technology, Academic Europe, Sweden, 26 days ago
11 May 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company Academic Europe Research Field Technology » Other Researcher Profile First Stage Researcher (R1) Country Sweden Application Deadline 30 Jul 2023 - ...
Research Fellow (Engineering), Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, 1 day ago
The Energy Research Institute @ NTU (ERIAN) invites applications for the position of Research Fellow. You will be part of the research team working on the “Future-Proof Reliable and Resilient Wire...