DTU Wind & Energy Systems at the Technical University of Denmark is looking for a professor for meteorological modelling of flow over scales ranging from mesoscale to microscale. The scope is to strengthen research and education within meteorological modelling, model validation and model application to provide accurate assessment of resources and external conditions onshore and offshore in wind energy, including conditions for floating wind turbines in sea basins not yet exploited.
Your main responsibilities and background
You will develop and lead research in a research group that focuses on topics such as boundary-layer meteorology, mesoscale model boundary-layer parameterization, extreme wind, wind-wave coupling, data assimilation and application in the advancement of high-performance computing. You have a large and diverse international research network and have an interest in mentoring and leading young scientists.
You will contribute to research and innovation, as well as education in the research field, which includes
- Modelling for assessment of climatological conditions and extreme conditions onshore and offshore wind energy as well as for emerging technologies, e.g. floating wind and power-to-X
- Assessment of the impacts of massive wind energy deployment on mean winds, extreme winds, and wave climates
- Advancement in statistical modelling methodologies as well as dynamical modelling of relevant site external conditions
- Application of data from new measurement technology for the purpose of validation of new modelling methodologies
- Take a scientific lead in the academic development of tools and software (for example WAsP and our wind atlases) for assessment of wind resources and site conditions in the section
- Further develop the collaboration with national and international research institutes and industries through collaborative projects
- Attract national and international funding for research in atmospheric modelling
- Contribute to scientific advice to authorities and project partners
- Publish and coordinate dissemination of research at a high international level.
The research field shares some scientific methodologies with other groups in the department as well as with other departments at DTU. Thus, you should sustain and develop collaboration with these groups.
The position will contribute to teaching of wind energy meteorological modelling for resources and site external conditions within dedicated summer schools, special courses, and wind energy master programs. Contribution to continued education and training for professional site engineers is also expected.
DTU employs two working languages: Danish and English. You are expected to be fluent in at least one of these languages, and in time are expected to master both.
- Documented research experience in relevant meteorological modelling such as boundary-layer meteorology modelling, mesoscale model boundary-layer parameterization, wind-wave coupling and extreme wind/typhoon prediction
- Experience in supervising PhDs and teaching of master-students and in continued education
- Proven contribution to wind energy tools/software that benefit the entire wind industry and society
- Robust collaborative experience and excellent communication skills (fluent in English, reading and writing)
- Proven track record in obtaining research funding
- Experience in leading large research project, preferably international
Your complete online application must be submitted no later than 9 September 2022 (Danish time).
To view the full announcement and to apply: www.career.dtu.dk
Doctoral Fellow Department Of European, Public And International Law, Ghent University, Belgium, 13 days ago
Last application date Oct 10, 2022 00:00 Department RE22 - Department of European, Public and International Law Contract Limited duration Degree Master of Laws Occupancy rate 100% Vacancy type Res...
Biological Field Technician – (966): Prowers County, Co, Western EcoSystems Technology, Inc., United States, 4 days ago
Click for a hub of Extension resources related to the current COVID-19 situation. AgencyWestern EcoSystems Technology, Inc.LocationProwers County, COJob CategoryTemporary/Seasonal PositionsSalary$...
Full Stack Developer, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Belgium, about 10 hours ago
For almost 50 years, the Vrije Universiteit Brussel has stood for freedom, equality and connectedness. These values are strongly present on our campuses, in our students as well as our staff. At t...
Engineering Doctorate On Electricity To Heat Conversion, Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e), Netherlands, 3 days ago
The post-master designers program is a prestigious two-year salaried program in the field of technological design, leading to an Engineering Doctorate (EngD) degree. It develops the trainee's capa...
Internship, Bachelor Or Master Thesis (W/M/D) – Modeling, Simulation And Analysis Of Power System Components, Helmholtz, Germany, about 8 hours ago
Your Job: To meet the need of advanced simulation capability required by the energy transition, we’re developing software that enables large-scale parallel simulation of power systems on with the ...
Fachbereich Geowissenschaften Institut Für Meteorologie Scientific Software Developer (M/F/D) Full Time Job. Limited To 30.09.2023 Entgeltgruppe 13 Tv L Fu Reference Code: Gw Clim Xtreme E Bewerbungsende: 23.09.2022, Free University of Berlin, Germany, 3 days ago
The number of damaging events caused by natural disasters are increasing because of climate change. Projects of public interest such as ClimXtreme (https://www.climxtreme.net ) funded by the Germ...