If you are establishing your career as a leading scientist in micro- and nanofabrication and want to build a strong group and a teaching portfolio with access to a worldwide renown university cleanroom we have an offer for you.
The National Centre for Nano Fabrication and Characterization at DTU Nanolab invites applications for a position as full professor in silicon nanofabrication with focus on MEMS, NEMS, nano-electronics/photonics, and quantum device applications.
Responsibilities and qualifications
The successful candidate is expected to establish a leading research group and a teaching portfolio at DTU for conducting research and teaching in nanofabrication technology for applications in silicon micro/nano-electro-mechanical systems (Si-MEMS, Si-NEMS), silicon nano-electronics and photonics, and quantum devices.
Those fabrication methodologies are important for many of the industrial and academic users of the DTU Nanolab cleanroom, which warrants continuous development of nanofabrication processes, computer modelling methods, and investments in new fabrication tools. In addition, teaching in these methods is important to ensure continuous education of highly competent engineers for the nanofabrication/microchip industry, and academic research.
We seek a candidate with a well-established international network, and documented teaching portfolio to cover the following primary areas of responsibility:
- be responsible for the development, validation, and applications of novel nanofabrication methods, such as new aspects of deep reactive ion-etching (DRIE) processes, advanced nanolithography, rapid thermal processing (RTP), thin film deposition by e.g., atomic layer deposition (ALD), and chemical vapor deposition (CVD);
- employ computer models/simulation tools to predict layer thicknesses and process times;
- contribute to education and teaching within nanofabrication and MEMS methodologies with emphasis on e-learning and online courses;
- provide expertise to the users of our facility and contribute to DTUs innovation portfolio in terms of novel nanofabrication processes and functionalities;
- finally, an important task of this position is to secure national and international research funding in this area, which should lead to the establishment and maintenance of an internationally acknowledged research group in the described research field.
You are expected to take a lead role in teaching at the BEng, BSc, MSc and PhD levels.
DTU employs two working languages: Danish and English. You are expected to be fluent in at least one of these languages, and in time are expected to master both.
You will be assessed against the responsibilities and qualifications stated above and the following general criteria:
- Documented experience and quality of teaching and curriculum development
- Research impact and experience, funding track record and research vision
- International impact and experience
- Societal impact
- Innovativeness, including commercialization and collaboration with industry
- Leadership, collaboration, and interdisciplinary skills
- Communication skills
Salary and terms of employment
The appointment will be based on the collective agreement with the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations. The allowance will be agreed upon with the relevant union.
Further information may be obtained from Head of section (fabrication), Professor Rafael Taboryski, firstname.lastname@example.org , tel.: +45 2144 4236.
You can read more about DTU Nanolab at www.nanolab.dtu.dk .
If you are applying from abroad, you may find useful information on working in Denmark and at DTU at DTU – Moving to Denmark .
Your complete online application must be submitted no later than 31 May 2023 (Danish time). Applications must be submitted as one PDF file containing all materials to be given consideration. To apply, please open the link "Apply now", fill out the online application form, and attach all your materials in English in one PDF file. The file must include:
- Application (cover letter) addressed to the President
- Vision for teaching and research
- CV including employment history, list of publications indicating scientific highlights, H-index and ORCID (see http://orcid.org/ )
- Teaching portfolio including documentation of teaching experience
- Academic Diplomas (MSc/PhD)
You can learn more about the recruitment process here .
Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
All interested candidates irrespective of age, gender, disability, race, religion or ethnic background are encouraged to apply.
DTU Nanolab conducts research within nanofabrication and characterization technologies. DTU Nanolab runs two advanced research infrastructure facilities, a state-of-the-art cleanroom for nanofabrication, and a facility, housing advanced electron microscopes for nano-characterization. Both facilities are located at DTU’s Lyngby Campus. Our research focus is on novel and advanced technologies for shaping and characterization of materials at the nanoscale with an aim towards scalable, stable, and repeatable processes.
Technology for people
DTU develops technology for people. With our international elite research and study programmes, we are helping to create a better world and to solve the global challenges formulated in the UN’s 17 Sustainable Development Goals. Hans Christian Ørsted founded DTU in 1829 with a clear mission to develop and create value using science and engineering to benefit society. That mission lives on today. DTU has 13,500 students and 6,000 employees. We work in an international atmosphere and have an inclusive, evolving, and informal working environment. DTU has campuses in all parts of Denmark and in Greenland, and we collaborate with the best universities around the world.
Associate Professor Or Dtu Tenure Track Assistant Professor In Ai – Dtu Compute , ;, Denmark, about 10 hours ago
Are you passionate about Human Centered AI and can you help build the next generations of AI systems within the Danish Pioneer Centre for AI? DTU Compute has an attractive group leader opening as...
Nanofabrication Research Support Specialist, Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University, Japan, 26 days ago
31 Aug 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University Department Core Facilities Office of the Provost Research Field Technology Chemistr...
Associate Professor In Complex Intervention Design , ;, Denmark, 8 days ago
DTU Engineering Technology invites applicants for a position as Associate Professor in complex intervention design and research methods in the field of implementing technology. You will join the r...
Associate Professor In New Digital Technologies , ;, Denmark, 5 days ago
DTU Engineering Technology invites applicants for an Associate Professor in New Digital Technologies in the field of implementing technology. You will join the research group “Strategy and Leaders...
Fabrication Engineer For Superconducting Quantum Circuits, ETH, Switzerland, 19 days ago
The ETH Zurich - PSI Quantum Computing Hub explores and solves long-standing challenges in quantum computing. It develops new technology and approaches which benefit from a coherent, farsighted vi...
Fabrication Engineer For Superconducting Quantum Circuits , ETH Zurich, Switzerland, about 6 hours ago
100%, Zurich, fixed-term The ETH Zurich - PSI Quantum Computing Hub explores and solves long-standing challenges in quantum computing. It develops new technology and approaches which benefit from ...